FSU Postgame

THIS!!! Also, Claytons “Flagrant 2” was the weakest “2” I have ever seen. If you watch the replays of both incidents closely without the BS being spewed by Dan “ACC” Bonner I think you will agree…Neither call would have changed the outcome much, probably made a 44 point loss a 30 point loss but it wouldn’t have felt quite as bad/stinky to me anyway.

We just got destroyed on TV - I don’t think being ripped by anyone makes them lunatics. We deserve to be ripped.[/quote]

im not disagreeing that we dont deserve to be ripped, we do. im pointing to the fact that this dude waits for a charlotte 49ers story on the observer so he can post something negative. to me that is very psychotic. plus the fact that he is wearing a gamecocks hat is a whole other deal. this guy wants to be right more than he wants us to win. let us not forget the clayton twitter incident. he needs help.[/quote]

Agree he goes overboard. Best way to prove him wrong though is by winning. Getting tooled by FSU on TV makes it pretty easy.

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:35, topic:28486”]Leonard Hamilton is 65??? Take that Dick Clark.

If Ian Miller shows up in a Charlotte gym where our guys are at he needs his ass beat. Caused a lot of the friction out there.

Why did no one grab Henry after the first T to calm him down. Never seen a star player be allowed to walk around the gym going off without another player or Coach getting between him and ref or calming him down.

Willie’s high elbows gig is up. Hamilton had refs all over that as will everyone else.

FSU are some big MF’s. 7’1 292 F@ck that!!

William’s ball handling at the end of the game was physicality painful to watch.

We are still short 2 athletes on this team.

The chick with the football player at the timeout at about the 1:45 point in on my recorder made me hate my life even more.

On to Saturday…[/quote]

What were you watching…Willie was in front of PH almost immediately. They proceeded to walk down the court and if you watch the replay Ian Miller basically followed behind them jawing the whole time. PH actually had his back to him. Miller should have gotten a T as well.

So when do the 49ers show up?

March 11, 2014.

October, 2014

[quote=“s9er, post:49, topic:28486”][quote=“9erken, post:43, topic:28486”][quote=“cltniners, post:32, topic:28486”]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ109Bq53Qc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvQ109Bq53Qc

clt says to note the editing.

No pickles![/quote] The first tech makes sense, but don’t really understand the ejection there. FSU players were talking crap after the first T, seems like you just separate guys and get on with the game.

That was an awesome dunk. Pretty much the only bright spot from that game?[/quote]

I didn’t mind the 2nd T… From the ref’s perspective, down 25 and talking that much non stop is a a recipe for trouble… It was deserved IMO…[/quote]You’re probably right that the ref is thinking about trying to keep things under control, though then I think that FSU guy talking so much should’ve gotten a T too. I wasn’t sure when the 2nd tech happened, whether it was while he was still riled up, or after he was walking away and the situation seemed done except for the FSU guy following him. And I don’t know what he was saying either, so maybe that was the issue. It doesn’t matter, unless Henry gets suspended for it.

Refs are looking for Clayton right now. He won’t be able to be as physical as he has been, needs to learn to adjust to the way refs are calling now, particularly calling him now, even if it’s not entirely fair when opponents are fouling him too.

How was the bar with all the Seminole fans?

[quote=“919R, post:63, topic:28486”][quote=“TheShowDawg, post:35, topic:28486”]Leonard Hamilton is 65??? Take that Dick Clark.

If Ian Miller shows up in a Charlotte gym where our guys are at he needs his ass beat. Caused a lot of the friction out there.

Why did no one grab Henry after the first T to calm him down. Never seen a star player be allowed to walk around the gym going off without another player or Coach getting between him and ref or calming him down.

Willie’s high elbows gig is up. Hamilton had refs all over that as will everyone else.

William’s ball handling at the end of the game was physicality painful to watch.

The chick with the football player at the timeout at about the 1:45 point in on my recorder made me hate my life even more.

On to Saturday…[/quote]

What were you watching…Willie was in front of PH almost immediately. They proceeded to walk down the court and if you watch the replay Ian Miller basically followed behind them jawing the whole time. PH actually had his back to him. Miller should have gotten a T as well.[/quote]

It is very simple and JV High School BB 101. Get him to your bench and around your team and Coaches and walk with him to the tunnel (cool off lap) till he calms down. Sit him on the bench for 3 minutes then put him back in if he has cooled off enough. You can not have him 90 seconds after the play walking down the court (without any team mates around) still popping off to everyone. If he is at your bench Miller is no where near him till he cools. He needed to be tossed at that point he was at. Did he argue the T’s or keep walking to the locker room? If he does not get tossed and stays in the game what do you think happens the next contact.

The thing that bothered me more than the ejection was the look on Major’s face while all this is going down and Clayton is talking to him. This is not a grind it out stay humble moment. Hamilton has thrown down the gauntlet at tip off on how this game is going down on their home court. Needed to step up and take charge of the situation. Clayton or Odom in your ear is no help at that point.

How was the bar with all the Seminole fans?[/quote]There were only like 6-8 Seminole fans there and Charlotte fans stopped watching the game shortly after Ben Cherry’s 3 15 seconds into the game.

How was the bar with all the Seminole fans?[/quote]There were only like 6-8 Seminole fans there and Charlotte fans stopped watching the game shortly after Ben Cherry’s 3 15 seconds into the game.[/quote]

So we won the “challenge”?! At least we won something last night…

We got killed at FSU, while it does suck, it doesn’t change my view on this season, an NIT bid is success anything less is a disapointment. We once again had to run the majority of the game with 7 players because of injury.

It’s been said a million times, win double digit CUSA games, make a run in the CUSA tourny and make the NIT and I will consider it a decent season, at least we’ll have a full squad next year, as long as we don’t lose 3 players again.

How was the bar with all the Seminole fans?[/quote]There were only like 6-8 Seminole fans there and Charlotte fans stopped watching the game shortly after Ben Cherry’s 3 15 seconds into the game.[/quote]

So we won the “challenge”?! At least we won something last night…[/quote]

Well they started with a pretty big group -most left as or before the game started.

“There were only like 6-8 Seminole fans there and Charlotte fans stopped watching the game shortly after Ben Cherry’s 3 15 seconds into the game.”

Durn! Even their fans are tall.

I’m not calling for anything “Major” to happen here, but it
surprises me that our coach gets a free pass on this one.

I know it is not his nature but it was time for coach to get
in someone’s face and get control. I understand his style
and I don’t have a problem with it, but last night got way
out of hand and it reflects poorly on our program.

I work with some FSU guys on a project and I can handle
getting beat, but I feel like I almost need to apologize
for MY schools debacle last night. #embarrassed

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:69, topic:28486”][quote=“919R, post:63, topic:28486”][quote=“TheShowDawg, post:35, topic:28486”]Leonard Hamilton is 65??? Take that Dick Clark.

On to Saturday…[/quote]

What were you watching…Willie was in front of PH almost immediately. They proceeded to walk down the court and if you watch the replay Ian Miller basically followed behind them jawing the whole time. PH actually had his back to him. Miller should have gotten a T as well.[/quote]

It is very simple and JV High School BB 101. Get him to your bench and around your team and Coaches and walk with him to the tunnel (cool off lap) till he calms down. Sit him on the bench for 3 minutes then put him back in if he has cooled off enough. You can not have him 90 seconds after the play walking down the court (without any team mates around) still popping off to everyone. If he is at your bench Miller is no where near him till he cools. He needed to be tossed at that point he was at. Did he argue the T’s or keep walking to the locker room? If he does not get tossed and stays in the game what do you think happens the next contact.

The thing that bothered me more than the ejection was the look on Major’s face while all this is going down and Clayton is talking to him. This is not a grind it out stay humble moment. Hamilton has thrown down the gauntlet at tip off on how this game is going down on their home court. Needed to step up and take charge of the situation. Clayton or Odom in your ear is no help at that point.[/quote]
Dude, the entire incident probably took less than 25 seconds (the dunk and talking) and teammates were around him the entire time until he headed toward the tunnel saying nothing. Less than a minute after the dunk he was in the tunnel.

Okay. Thanks. Looks like nothing anyone could have done to stop this 2nd T on your star player who holds the team together.

The anti Major presser. Gets Classic level @ 2:30 mark

Here’s Henry’s dunk and ejection:

On a side note I hate Leonard Hamilton and the FSU - Nike connection. How can an amateur athlete who has played 4 HS games from another country afford to go to Nike headquarters in Oregon to get a specialized size 20 9E shoes made for him which actually takes a special machine that has to be built from scratch in China.

I guess the same way Hamilton makes Von Wafer disappear in the middle of the night and not be heard from for 3 days and magically ends up in a prep school in Texas that is a Nike BB factory and where he changes his mind and signs with FSU.

It is Christmas so I am glad the kid got a pair of boats for his feet but f@ck Hamilton and all his Nike buddies that got him to FSU in the first place.

Went on a sales call today and made a big sale. Got so excited I beat my chest a few times, yelled a couple of times and started talking shit to a few other salesmen in the lobby. Got ejected from the building.

You would have tought it was my first successful sales call…