Great win against UMASS

drove down from Winston. Good win and hopefully its something we can build upon. Hope Anā€™juan can play on Saturday. He was limping pretty bad towards the end.

When we [B]DO[/B] get back PLEASE stay at home where you have been for the past 7 years while I and many others have been in Halton cheeringā€¦ Now is when the team needs you the mostā€¦ Hell everyone will be there when you are on topā€¦

When we [B]DO[/B] get back PLEASE stay at home where you have been for the past 7 years
You know, there's a chance this "fan" may mysteriously disappear when we start winning again.

I know we are 6-11 and its been a poor season, but I want to know where all the ā€œfansā€ are who called out the players for poor effort against La Salle last week and said we had clearly mailed it in? There were quite a few. Do you still believe that nonsense?

Say whatever you want about them, but this team always gives 100 % effort, and Iā€™ll give them my support until they show me otherwise.

Best missed dunk Iā€™ve seen in person since Martin Iti vs. Davidson.

You could feel the momentum about to swing back in UMASSā€™ favor untilā€¦CLANK!

Good win, glad I made the drive down.

Harrisā€™ knot was horrendous, but that kid is a WARRIOR.

You know, there's a chance this "fan" may mysteriously disappear when we start winning again.

I have no doubt that ā€œfanā€ will disappearā€¦

solid job tonight. Made key runs at the end of both halves, and in OT. [B]Would not have been as close if Gurley didn't drain those 2 30 footers. [/B]Good jobs on the boards. Coley did an excelent job on Harris. Pretty sure most of his points were in transition and when CCIII wasn't on him.

Kudos for Dijuan on shutting Lowe down.

Well, it did go to overtime thanks to some clutch threes on our part.

Nice win, did not expect this with Umass playing better of late. We can thank Mack finally hitting the outside shot like I thought he would at the beginning of the year and Harris having another solid game with only a few mistakes. And Coley did really well to keep up with Harris, might be something to try in the future and a good idea by Lutz (I thought heā€™d probably be on Gaffney). Umass played awful D and had similar late game execution to us, but Iā€™ll take the win. It was a good win for a team struggling as mightily as we are.

I hope Wilderness is ok, he limped off but was right back in the game.

At this point Iā€™ll take any win. Glad to see we have not thrown in the towel. Good effort.

Any win is a good win, and the team needed one. UMass may be down a bit this season, but remember they did defeat Kansas earlier this season on the road (Kansas City).

God, how I would love to say something positive about this team/program. Just tell me what that might be.

I yearn for a packed Halton, louder than hell as we beat up on a top ten team. I yearn for a go to player we can count on night in and night for that key bucket. I yearn for rivalries that get my blood pumped just thinking about them. I yearn for a year where every game means something because we are battling for the conference title. I yearn to watch the NCAA selection show to see what seed we will be in the tourney. I yearn for a reason to be a season ticket holder again and happily making that drive down from Hickory. I yearn for the 49er basketball I knew when I attended Charlotte. I yearn for the day when we beat 7-9 teams by 20. I yearn for the day when we again have fans that demand we have a good team.

Donā€™t get me wrong Chisox, I am not a 49er hater. But if you think this was a great win and that this program is headed in a positive direction, I feel I may be yearning for years to come.

Youā€™re in part blaming the wrong people. Blame the ACC for some of the stuff you yearn for. Weā€™re in the A10. It wasnā€™t Charlotteā€™s fault. Get over it. I fail to understand how not showing up will make it better.

And, do you really think the people who thought this was a good win donā€™t yearn for the same stuff you do?

Quality play all around tonight. Good coaching decision to have Coley shadow Harris.

I donā€™t understand not going to the games. Yeah, weā€™re not very good, and I certainly agree that beating a team with a losing record isnā€™t anything to necessarily hang your hat on, but what good does an empty arena do?

If you donā€™t go to the games, you have no right to complain. At least if you go, then you can complain that you had to sit there and watch poor basketball.

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;378702]God, how I would love to say something positive about this team/program. Just tell me what that might be.

I yearn for a packed Halton, louder than hell as we beat up on a top ten team. I yearn for a go to player we can count on night in and night for that key bucket. I yearn for rivalries that get my blood pumped just thinking about them. I yearn for a year where every game means something because we are battling for the conference title. I yearn to watch the NCAA selection show to see what seed we will be in the tourney. I yearn for a reason to be a season ticket holder again and happily making that drive down from Hickory. I yearn for the 49er basketball I knew when I attended Charlotte. I yearn for the day when we beat 7-9 teams by 20. I yearn for the day when we again have fans that demand we have a good team.

Donā€™t get me wrong Chisox, I am not a 49er hater. But if you think this was a great win and that this program is headed in a positive direction, I feel I may be yearning for years to come.[/QUOTE]

(sighā€¦) ya know, i understand how you can be frustrated, youā€™re used to charlotte being amazing like they once were, but right now, they arenā€™t. iā€™m only a freshman and have gone to game for the only the past four years, and iā€™ve seen them play A LOT better than this year. iā€™m not going to try and put you down because honestly, talking smack over this thing is dumb, but in all honesty, for you to sit here and ā€˜yearnā€™ for a better team is ridiculous. this is sports, you can be amazing one year and pathetic another, or pathetic for multiple years, ASK THE ARIZONA CARDINALS!! i yearn that people will quit being so critical. i understand this year hasnā€™t met expectations, but itā€™s a sport. injuries (transfers and what not) are apart of the game. you lose key players and your team doesnā€™t do as well. if you want to sit here and be critical when a team isnā€™t performing to expectations (and they were high), fine, go ahead, donā€™t watch, and wait around 'til we are good again. iā€™m going to keep showing up to games hours before tip off so i can have my front row seat, because i know when we are on top like we should be, it will feel more gratifying and rewarding to me then it will for you, because i decided to stick with my team, through and through.

p.s.- good win boys. and diā€™juan, nice leg cramp. sucker was the size of a golfballā€¦

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;378728]I attended from 94-97. Held season tickets until 2001. Did not miss a home game in those 7 years. Great years. I hope we get back soon.[/QUOTE]

This tells me: I attend games when there is a buzz on a national base and donā€™t mind buying season tickets when we are ranked or in the others receiving votes category. If we have a down year, hell be it that I attend a game! I will make sure to complain though in hopes that my complaining will somehow let us win. Whenever we become top 25 good again I wonā€™t mind buying season tickets, but until then when someone asks me about who I root for, I will remain in silence as I donā€™t want them to look at me funny.

Yup that about sums it up.

Donā€™t worry though, we when are back getting bids to the NCAA Tournament, Iā€™m sure there will be room on the bandwagon for you!

Good win, but can anyone say UMass looks disciplined? Why in the world do they want to adopt the same offense of chucking up threes?

Kellogg, yuckā€¦

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;378702]God, how I would love to say something positive about this team/program. Just tell me what that might be. [/QUOTE]hereā€™s something positive. iā€™m positive youā€™re a ****ing dumbass.

[QUOTE=eason49;378759]If you donā€™t go to the games, you have no right to complain. At least if you go, then you can complain that you had to sit there and watch poor basketball.[/QUOTE]looks like i have to agree with you on this one. good point.

We needed a win and got one. It was nice to beat UMASS as it would have been nice to beat anyone after going 5-11. Hopefully we can start a streak here and finish the season strong headed into the conference tournament and hope magic finds us. Good win Niners!!!

Thatā€™s B.S. Alums in other states canā€™t complain because they donā€™t come to games? We all bought into this school. Its one thing to put a happy positive outlook on a rebuilding year, but our basketball program has been declining for years now. Its time to stop blaming injuries, basketball conferences, football, transfers, attendenceā€¦Lutz must go if we are to turn it around. You can put lipstick on a turdā€¦

Any win is a good win, and the team needed one. UMass may be down a bit this season, but remember they did defeat Kansas earlier this season on the road (Kansas City).

Thanks for encouraging me to make the trip.

I passed you on the way down, honked at you at least 3 times.

Mustā€™ve been really focused on the road.

That was a good atmosphere last night. It would have been like the old days if not for the 6000 empty seats. Seriously, considering our record the student section was awesome. Good job.

Mack has been money since I suggested he stop taking 3s. Would anybody like to know who Iā€™m not taking in the Superbowl?

Wilderness is obviously hurting. I hope him playing the rest of the year on the bad foot, wonā€™t come back to haunt him next year. Yes, I realize the kid wants to play and that weā€™re a better team with him on the floor. But at what point do you say enough is enough?

Bonner was a tough match-up for Big Phil. Coach made a good move by putting Mack on him.

Temple and X beware.:ohmy:

:49ers:

I just wanted to bring up the students (Iā€™m pretty sure they were athletes) behind the visiting goal in the second half. That game was about as exciting as any this year and there was never a time when everyone was on their feet over there.

I think it was actually a little bit embarrassing. Students, especially other athletes, need to get pumped for the game and cheer when their team needs their home crowd.

UMass was shooting big time free throws in the last minutes of the game and only the band was making an effort to distract them. Poor form, fellas.