Great win against UMASS

And many a fool can attend games and post. You have made that apparent.

Atleast THOSE fools are contributing SOMETHINGā€¦unlike some others.

[B]here's something positive. i'm positive you're a ****ing dumbass.[/B]

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

[B]That was a good atmosphere last night. It would have been like the old days if not for the 6000 empty seats.[/B] Seriously, considering our record the student section was awesome. Good job.

Mack has been money since I suggested he stop taking 3s. Would anybody like to know who Iā€™m not taking in the Superbowl?

Wilderness is obviously hurting. I hope him playing the rest of the year on the bad foot, wonā€™t come back to haunt him next year. Yes, I realize the kid wants to play and that weā€™re a better team with him on the floor. But at what point do you say enough is enough?

Bonner was a tough match-up for Big Phil. Coach made a good move by putting Mack on him.

Temple and X beware.:ohmy:

:49ers:

It was actually a surprisingly good crowd, I thought (atleast 5500-6000 Iā€™d say)ā€¦Havenā€™t checked the box for ā€œofficialā€ attendance though.

Hate that I missed it. Ive missed the last two home games - stupid virus.

What I saw looked good, some better defensive and rebounding effort, and, we made outside shots weā€™ve been missing (did still struggle inside). The Coley dunks were fun, but they also said a lot about UMassā€™ lack of discipline. Who lets another team do that 3 times?

UMassā€™s decision making to close regulation was exactly the type that gets ripped on when we do it. Why in the world were they jacking 3ā€™s with a lead, when a couple of trips to the line would have sealed it?

Gutsy performance by a team that hasnā€™t given up. Thatā€™s something for Niner fans to be proud of.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;378714]
The fact is weā€™ve been getting worse ever sinceā€¦and itā€™s been going on 8 years since weā€™ve really been relevant in the college basketball world.

8 years!![/QUOTE]

I wish our program was where it was in the late 90ā€™s early 00ā€™s, but it hasnā€™t been 8 years since our program was relevant. We were ranked 18 in the country in 2005. Ever since then we have been sliding.

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030105aac.html

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;378812]Gutsy performance by a team that hasnā€™t given up. Thatā€™s something for Niner fans to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

Truth. Team has not rolled over this year. Lots of fight in them, hopefully this can spur a run for us. 2 TOUGH road games coming up, letā€™s hope Anā€™Juan can keep playing. With with a 7 man rotation tonight and it work (not counting Barnett since he played 1 minute, which Iā€™m still wondering why even put him in)

Had Mack shot and played the previous 15 games as he has the last 2, I really think we would be a couple of games over .500. He has really stepped it up the last two games, especially on the boards where we were struggling mightily. The rest of the team seems to feeding off of him. Nice to see us pull one out at the the end, as it was looking like we were going to pull our last-10-minute-disappearing-act again.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;378813]I wish our program was where it was in the late 90ā€™s early 00ā€™s, but it hasnā€™t been 8 years since our program was relevant. We were ranked 18 in the country in 2005. Ever since then we have been sliding.

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030105aac.html[/QUOTE]

21-4, 12-2, #18 in the nation.

Brings a tear to my eye.

[QUOTE=hootie;378828]21-4, 12-2, #18 in the nation.

Brings a tear to my eye.[/QUOTE]

That was a special time which led me to raise my expectations for years to come. The team seemed to have everything you needed to win. Strong guard play, a great playmaker and defensive stopper in Basden, Plavich stretched the defense with Withers inside, ah good times!

Quality play all around tonight. Good coaching decision to have Coley shadow Harris.

I donā€™t understand not going to the games. Yeah, weā€™re not very good, and I certainly agree that beating a team with a losing record isnā€™t anything to necessarily hang your hat on, but what good does an empty arena do?

If you donā€™t go to the games, you have no right to complain. At least if you go, then you can complain that you had to sit there and watch poor basketball.

Looks like I have to take Eason out of the ā€œnever says anything positive groupā€. :smile:

That was a good atmosphere last night. It would have been like the old days if not for the 6000 empty seats. Seriously, considering our record the student section was awesome. Good job.

Mack has been money since I suggested he stop taking 3s. Would anybody like to know who Iā€™m not taking in the Superbowl?

:49ers:

Mackā€™s taken more 3s in the last 2 games (13 and 10) than heā€™s taken in any of the other previous games. It just seems like less when youā€™re making them (and when theyā€™re taken in the flow of the game).

[QUOTE=Normmm;378832]Looks lie I have to take Eason out of the ā€œnever says anything positive groupā€. :smile:[/QUOTE]

IN general, when it comes to ā€œnegativeā€ posters, people only see what they want to see.

Glad youā€™re not wearing the blinders.

[URL=http://javascript<b></b>:goToStory();][/URL]

Mack is playing good. Heā€™s a good dude, glad to see him happy.

This tells me: I attend games when there is a buzz on a national base and don't mind buying season tickets when we are ranked or in the others receiving votes category. If we have a down year, hell be it that I attend a game! I will make sure to complain though in hopes that my complaining will somehow let us win. Whenever we become top 25 good again I won't mind buying season tickets, but until then when someone asks me about who I root for, I will remain in silence as I don't want them to look at me funny.

Yup that about sums it up.

Donā€™t worry though, we when are back getting bids to the NCAA Tournament, Iā€™m sure there will be room on the bandwagon for you!

Actually what this says is that my first child was born in 2002 and my second child was born in 2004. I also started grad scool in 2003. So my priorities (both monetarily and time) changed. I doubt I will ever own 49er season tickets any time soon. It has nothing to do with whether we win or not. It has to do with how I choose to spend my time.

I am not going to get into the name calling on a message board because, one, it achieves nothing and two, I do not the situation of anyone on this board. However, saying you canā€™t have an opinion because you do not go to games is ridiculous in my opinion. I was not critical of this team nor did I blame anyone. I only wish this team and program were at the level they were 8-10 years ago and if we do return to that level (and I think we will) I still will not have the time to make the two hour roundtrip from Hickory to personally attend each home game. But I will watch every game I can (channelsurfing.net is great) and support the team. I just wish I could talk a little smack around the office again. I wish we did not consider a win against a 7-9 team as a great win.

Sorry you guys feel the need to call names and curse at people who post something you donā€™t like. Actually, I think we all desire the same for this program.

Macks face after he hit that first 3 of OT was priceless. I love to see our boys fight hard under the basket and actually look like a team instead of 5 individuals. All I can say is I hope this intensity and play continues. Itā€™s been too long since I left a game happier than I did when I walked into Halton.

[URL=http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:goToStory%28%29;][IMG]http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ncch/sports/m-baskbl/auto_wide/2675318.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

Mack is playing good. Heā€™s a good dude, glad to see him happy.

Looks like a bad Glamour Shots Photo.

They can wrap him in Bubble Wrap to make it softer. :biggrin:

[QUOTE=sreniN;378800]I just wanted to bring up the students (Iā€™m pretty sure they were athletes) behind the visiting goal in the second half. That game was about as exciting as any this year and there was never a time when everyone was on their feet over there.

I think it was actually a little bit embarrassing. Students, especially other athletes, need to get pumped for the game and cheer when their team needs their home crowd.

UMass was shooting big time free throws in the last minutes of the game and only the band was making an effort to distract them. Poor form, fellas.[/QUOTE]

Dude at least they were there. Go after the 20, 000 who werenā€™t.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;378864]Looks like a bad Glamour Shots Photo.

They can wrap him in Bubble Wrap to make it softer. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Hee, Hee, Hee. Pudding for dessert.

IN general, when it comes to "negative" posters, people only see what they want to see.

Glad youā€™re not wearing the blinders.

Thanks. Same way I was telling MullinsManiac that just because people went to the game and supported the team, doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t yearn for more too. The ā€œapologistsā€ are often viewed as never seeing anything wrong.

Donā€™t worry though, Iā€™ve taken you out of that group a long time ago. However, with the sarcasm meter, youā€™re still off the charts. :smile:

21-4, 12-2, #18 in the nation.

Brings a tear to my eye.

What could have beenā€¦