Hornets playoffs

He didn’t score last night but he was a huge catalyst on the defensive end, when there was hustle play to be made he made it.

He didn’t score last night but he was a huge catalyst on the defensive end, when there was hustle play to be made he made it.[/quote]

The block he had from behind on Josh Richardson was awesome.

will the Hornets win game 5 and will Batum make a difference coming off the bench

Tough night from Kemba, Nic, and Lee. I really thought we had no business winning that game but some great 3pt shot making when it mattered really made the difference.

Nic is obviously not healthy. We can get by with his limitations this series because Cliff is hiding him on Winslow, but thats gonna be a big problem if we make it to the next round.

The Jefferson/Kaminsky starting line up is bad. Kaminsky is getting abused by Deng. He’s basically had 1 good qtr this series. I know theres only so much you can do with Batum hurt but man its tough to watch.

I have a good feeling about Friday.

[quote=“casstommy, post:64, topic:30313”]Tough night from Kemba, Nic, and Lee. I really thought we had no business winning that game but some great 3pt shot making when it mattered really made the difference.

Nic is obviously not healthy. We can get by with his limitations this series because Cliff is hiding him on Winslow, but thats gonna be a big problem if we make it to the next round.

The Jefferson/Kaminsky starting line up is bad. Kaminsky is getting abused by Deng. He’s basically had 1 good qtr this series. I know theres only so much you can do with Batum hurt but man its tough to watch.

I have a good feeling about Friday.[/quote]

I remember Game 6 versus the Bucks in 2001. The Hive was packed to the roof and was loud as ever. However, a huge 3 by Ray Allen and then a miss by Baron Davis in response sealed the deal for the Bucks and game 7 went to Milwaukee where the Bucks won. Needless to say, need to take care of business at home this time. Don’t want to have a game 7 in Miami with their experience.

Poorly played game by both teams (even I’d say), we just made the hustle plays and hit the big shot in the last minute.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:65, topic:30313”][quote=“casstommy, post:64, topic:30313”]Tough night from Kemba, Nic, and Lee. I really thought we had no business winning that game but some great 3pt shot making when it mattered really made the difference.

I have a good feeling about Friday.[/quote]

I remember Game 6 versus the Bucks in 2001. The Hive was packed to the roof and was loud as ever. However, a huge 3 by Ray Allen and then a miss by Baron Davis in response sealed the deal for the Bucks and game 7 went to Milwaukee where the Bucks won. Needless to say, need to take care of business at home this time. Don’t want to have a game 7 in Miami with their experience.[/quote]

Yup - that was a great game to be at.

I was at that game too. It sucked.

I would agree outcome sucked,

cass is right… they played like ass for the most part, and got out with W… Friday night will be a ton of fun (but as has been mentioned… Milwaukee- I was there too and what a kick in the nuts)

the big key these last 3 games has been defense Miami has only averaged 84 ppg and i just dont see them coming into The Hive and beating us tomorrow night

i dont see the hornets pulling out a game 7 on the road in Miami, so i agree they have to get it done Friday. Miami has been shit on the road all year. I hope it holds up one more game.

What a shit sandwich. Marvin Williams and Frank Kaminsky absolutely destroyed the Hornets all series. It was there for the taking with a shot a vulnerable Raptors team to head to the conference finals. Super disappointing.

Agreed… Marvin was awful… but Frank is just terrible, he a mess offensively and on D? Tina Turner gotten beaten with less vigor and frequency by Ike than Frank did by Deng. Batum being out was a killer. Even if Kemba played well, no one else did.

Many decisions next year.

1. Batum… Is he a max player
  2. Jefferson?? Not much tread left IMO
  3. Marvin- Until he ghosted in the playoffs I was all for it… Needs to be a reasonable deal
  4. Lin- he’s gone. HE will opt out and someone will over pay him
  5. Lee? I like him… Hopefully he can get a reasonable deal

Spencer Hawes will save us

Agreed… Marvin was awful… but Frank is just terrible, he a mess offensively and on D? Tina Turner gotten beaten with less vigor and frequency by Ike than Frank did by Deng. Batum being out was a killer. Even if Kemba played well, no one else did.

Many decisions next year.

1. Batum… Is he a max player
  2. Jefferson?? Not much tread left IMO
  3. Marvin- Until he ghosted in the playoffs I was all for it… Needs to be a reasonable deal
  4. Lin- he’s gone. HE will opt out and someone will over pay him
  5. Lee? I like him… Hopefully he can get a reasonable deal

Spencer Hawes will save us[/quote]

Offseason priorities in order IMO:

1. Batum
    1a. Batum
    1b. Batum
  2. Lee
  3. Jefferson (vet minimum)
  4. Lin (something reasonable, he is a solid option off the bench but you’re not getting better as a team by overpaying guys like Lin)
  5. Marvin (vet minimum)

Offseason priorities, give a shit every game. It’s obvious no one did in Games 1 or 7.

I blame purple shirt guy.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article74879247.html

[quote=“Normmm, post:77, topic:30313”]I blame purple shirt guy.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article74879247.html[/quote]

I hope he is banned from TWC Arena.

[quote=“Normmm, post:77, topic:30313”]I blame purple shirt guy.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article74879247.html[/quote]

I guess he should get credit for the wins as well, since he was there for those.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:78, topic:30313”][quote=“Normmm, post:77, topic:30313”]I blame purple shirt guy.

I hope he is banned from TWC Arena.[/quote] UH HUH.

Article said purple shirt guy was not planning on renewing tickets.