If you could prevent 1 assassination....

Princess Diana. Yes she was assasinated and not 'accidental'

Interesting perspective, though I don’t know of any facts that back up your assertion.

Dimebag Darrell, and that’s just a cool name too.

Wikipedia defines it as:

Tupac was murdered and he was famous, and more or less over an ideological motivation. I think it applies.

Wikipedia can tell you whatever it wants… two rapper factions having issues with eachother over some stupid **** doesn’t qualify you for assasination. Ideological motivation my ass, they argued like children.

Presidential Hopeful Bullworth

Wikipedia can tell you whatever it wants... two rapper factions having issues with eachother over some stupid **** doesn't qualify you for assasination. Ideological motivation my ass, they argued like children.

ok, fine. I’ll get a defenition from Dictionary.com:

So there, it really does mean that. Tupac was a public figure and his murder that night suprised just about everybody.

GOYS.

ok, fine. I'll get a defenition from Dictionary.com:

So there, it really does mean that. Tupac was a public figure and his murder that night suprised just about everybody.

GOYS.

As a third party who could care less, I’m sideing with kevin. By definition, Tupac was assassinated.

Now for some fun. What does GOYS mean?
Get on yo s#it!
Go on you slag!
Guessing often yields stupidity

Dimebag Darrell, and that's just a cool name too.

So I am at a stoplight this afternoon and i look in my rearview mirror with two pot head looking tattooed up dudes in the car and a banner across the windshiled that says “R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell” I had never heard of Dimebag Darrell, and thought it was just one of their junkie friends, then today i read this, strange

CPA, do you drive a sebring with a banner for the guy?

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;247983]He wasn’t assasinated… he plain just got shot.[/QUOTE]

One of these days, Tupac is going to screw up and rap about something topical.

President McKinley was the most devastating assasination of the 20th centurty

ok, fine. I'll get a defenition from Dictionary.com:

GOYS.

So now I have to be a public figure to be considered for assassination?

My inital response was actually in reference to the chris rock joke about it, although I side with his joke. You can be a public figure all you want but when 3/4 of the world could care less, it’s not important…

now more of that joke…

abe lincoln was assassinated

martin luther king jr. was assassinated

tupac was shot

My inital response was actually in reference to the chris rock joke about it, although I side with his joke. You can be a public figure all you want but when 3/4 of the world could care less, it’s not important…

now more of that joke…

tupac was shot

By definition Tupac was assassinated, but I agree with this. Tupac was a good musician and I never want anyone to die, but if I had been older when he was shot I wouldn’t have cared much. Not the way I would have cared about RFK or MLK.

BobandEd....or does that count as 2
Yea you assassinated him with your anti-psychotic medication. All you have to do is stop taking your anti-psychotic drugs and he will be un-assassinated.

[QUOTE=casstommy;247923]LOL…If you want to think that Reagan won the cold war on his back alone…I’m not gonna argue with you. He did contribute to the fall of the USSR…but not nearly as much as the fundamental internal problems communist Russia had. Truman…Carter…Gorbachev…they all had their hand in it as well.[/QUOTE]
Reagan is beloved by the right and left, for you to think he was bad for America puts you pretty much on an island.

I’d love to know your definition of a good politician? Gary Hart?

[QUOTE=ninerID;248308]So I am at a stoplight this afternoon and i look in my rearview mirror with two pot head looking tattooed up dudes in the car and a banner across the windshiled that says “R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell” I had never heard of Dimebag Darrell, and thought it was just one of their junkie friends, then today i read this, strange

CPA, do you drive a sebring with a banner for the guy?[/QUOTE]

Pantera is one of the greatest rock bands of the 90’s, do yourself a favor and listen to “Mouth of War”

Now for some fun. What does GOYS mean? ... Guessing often yields stupidity

It actually stands for Get Over Your Self, but I like that one better. :biggrin:

now more of that joke…

tupac was shot

I’m curious. I gave you the actuall defenition of the word assasination, what would you call John Lennon’s death?

Do you personally have to like the person or what they stood for to be able to call it an assasination?

It actually stands for Get Over Your Self, but I like that one better. :biggrin:
Another reason to like mine better is that "your self" is actually one word. So it should really be GOY, tho that is not as easy to figure out as GOYS I suppose.
I'm curious. I gave you the actuall defenition of the word assasination, what would you call John Lennon's death?

Do you personally have to like the person or what they stood for to be able to call it an assasination?

My position on Tupac is that he wasn’t killed for his political, cultural, or social positions. He was killed b/c he ran his mouth about the wrong people. Your own definition stated it has to do with an ideological stance, and while he had some he wasn’t killed for that reason, he was killed b/c his mouth wrote a check his ass couldn’t cash. If he was killed about his political, cultural, or social stance it would be an assassination, but I have a hard time believing that’s why he was killed.

I wasn’t alive for Lennon, don’t care for the Beatles one bit so I haven’t concerned myself with him. If you’d like I can go read up on Wikipedia about him and give you an opinion that may not be so well educated since it’s based off wikipedia.

To answer your second question, I like Tupac’s work, and am amazed at how much money he still makes after being dead for some time. So it’s not that I have something against him, I just don’t classify him as being assassinated.

So… GOYS :biggrin:

Your own definition stated it has to do with an ideological stance
I don't believe it did.
I don't believe it did.

Second page, bust… half way down, his first definition. The Dictionary.com would classify just about anyone killed for assassination.