Jaelyn Withers - 2019 G/F offered

We never had a shot.

Man y’all are like beaten dogs. I’m not saying that he does come but come on guys.

He wants to stay close to home.
He is intrigued about playing where his dad did.
We have a new, younger coach who has been at a top school.
New coach obviously excels at building relationships.

That sets us up to at least have a shot at him. If we land another highly ranked kid then maybe that helps too!

Every year a few schools sign some 4 it 5 Star kids that everyone says huh? Who is to say that can’t be us?

2 Likes

“He wants to stay close to home.”

There are how many ACC schools within 3 to 4 hours of Charlotte like 6 or 7?

Make withers sr the 3rd assistant

Or DOBO !

NWA is exactly correct.

Even if we do not get him, I hope the Withers will keep us in the “top 3”. We could use the pub.

Yeah the bump KJ Henry gave us was legit.

But only one school has his dad history and allows his family to come watch him play and be back home in time for the news.

1 Like

We need to hear that Sanchize has reaffirmed his offer and are heavily pursuing. I think that would be nice to hear from a fans perspective.

2 Likes

You think Sanchez is using the “stepping stone” or “not a destination school” sales pitch?
:wink::sunglasses:

LOL Well I think he is well aware that we aren’t on the same level of others school and if Sanchez acted like we were it would sound foolish. Players also obviously are transient and not looking for a 10 year landing spot. They are looking for a place that can get them to their next goal, ie a stepping stone.

Sure, NWA, we have a shot. Being a part of the discussion means we have a shot, and hopefully we’ll stay in the discussion until he makes a decision. It’s just a HUGE leap to think we land the kid. We’ve got nothing for Sanchez to hang his hat on as a program yet, so all we have going for us is the sentimentality Withers may or may not have for this place. Highly improbable we land the kid, as it would be for anyone in our position, that’s all anyone is saying. It’s not about being “beaten”.

The only cost in recruiting a local kid like Withers, who would suffer zero visibility issues in the unlikely event he comes here (Kevin Martin was a first rounder despite playing in a dreadful league for a team that never finished better than .500), are the posts about how he’s not going to come here.

Worth it.

1 Like

Its a pipe dream…but its alive !

Ahhh, so in that case Duke (and UK, and KU, and UF, and everybody) is a stepping stone. I’m no longer as bothered by the term.

Well schools for students are always stepping stones. Isn’t that true? For all of us? We went to school just to get to the phase of life.

For employees jobs are almost always stepping stones until you get to the top. Every job is just the job until the next job. That’s all I have been saying.

For Withers, we can be the stepping stone that gets him to the NBA. We are not at the same level as a Kentucky but we can still help him get to where he wants to be.

I’ll remain cautiously optimistic that we have a chance. I got to enjoy watching his father play for my freshman year. Hopefully I can watch Jaelyn for 4.

clt says you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take- Michael Scott.

Curtis is playing in the TBT Super 16 on ESPN right now… Any updates on his son Jaelyn recruiting wise?

1 Like