Lukas Bergang - 2015 C signed LOI to Charlotte

FT% was 75% this year according to fiba If we were just going to bring in a practice player I doubt we’d be bringing in a freshman. Not saying that I expect Bergang to contribute from day 1, definitely not, but I would imagine that coach sees some long term potential in him. It would be nice to have a scoring big.

You can’t teach 7’1". Both Kuehl and the flamingo were painful to watch sometimes, but the changed shot trajectory in the middle when they were in.

OK, I give. Who is the flamingo? Parker?

OK, I give. Who is the flamingo? Parker?[/quote]

Yes.

Yes - born January 8, 1995.

This signing a real head scratcher based on most recent stats: 6.3 mpg, 1.8 ppg, 1 rpg, 0.1 apg. Hmm…[/quote]

maybe there are more to his stats than we know. he is 7’1", pretty athletic, and can shoot. maybe price feels like he can teach the other stuff.[/quote]

These days, I need to know FT % too.[/quote]
Per the following link, 70% this past season and 50% in 2012-13. Not sure if he played 2013-14 since no stats listed for that season.

RealGM.com: Lukas Bergang

Also found some stats from 2011-12 in which he was getting more PT than the most recently listed seasons.

Proballers.com: Lukas Bergang - 2011-12 Stats

His stats suggests that his skill/talent didn’t progress at the same speed As the other guys around him. Or also the other kids hit their growth spurt and his height was less of an advantage.

He’s a 7’+ freshman, all you can really want right now and hopefully the staff can make him into a D1 player. Or maybe he’s solid now and wasn’t given the opportunity. Gonna be fun to find out what kind of players Price is bringing in. On paper, doesn’t leave a lot to be impressed by.

[quote=“cibik02, post:47, topic:29672”]His stats suggests that his skill/talent didn’t progress at the same speed As the other guys around him. Or also the other kids hit their growth spurt and his height was less of an advantage.

He’s a 7’+ freshman, all you can really want right now and hopefully the staff can make him into a D1 player. Or maybe he’s solid now and wasn’t given the opportunity. Gonna be fun to find out what kind of players Price is bringing in. On paper, doesn’t leave a lot to be impressed by.[/quote]

not trying to be a wiseass, but fortunately the games are played on hardwood, not paper!
let’s see what he’s got!

He’s a body, he’s five fouls and he is tall.

Maybe he’ll be someone, maybe he’ll be a benchwarmer, the big thing is we have some depth now.

[quote=“earlyniner, post:48, topic:29672”][quote=“cibik02, post:47, topic:29672”]His stats suggests that his skill/talent didn’t progress at the same speed As the other guys around him. Or also the other kids hit their growth spurt and his height was less of an advantage.

He’s a 7’+ freshman, all you can really want right now and hopefully the staff can make him into a D1 player. Or maybe he’s solid now and wasn’t given the opportunity. Gonna be fun to find out what kind of players Price is bringing in. On paper, doesn’t leave a lot to be impressed by.[/quote]

not trying to be a wiseass, but fortunately the games are played on hardwood, not paper!
let’s see what he’s got![/quote]

Yea, That’s why I said its gonna be fun to see what kind of players Price is bringing in.

Anyone over 6 foot 8 that we land is going to have warts. Just need to find the guys with some athletic ability who can be coached up.

Thorne was no Jabbar when he 1st got here. When he left, he was still FAR from being really good. IMHO.

he was way better than when he got here though.

he was way better than when he got here though.[/quote]

So was Dwiggins.

Maybe we (or rather the usual suspects) can give Bergang the Phil Jones treatment and constantly degrade his game until people wake up and realize how much we missed him when he was gone.

[quote=“NLP49, post:55, topic:29672”]Maybe we (or rather the usual suspects) can give Bergang the Phil Jones treatment and constantly degrade his game until people wake up and realize how much we missed him when he is gone.[/quote]Maybe?

This is a given.

So - he played for Eco Orebro last year and didn’t have great numbers obviously. That would make sense if he is playing against seasoned pros. But, then how does that make him eligible to play for us?

Huh? I do not recall anyone criticizing Phil’s game very much. I know I did not. I also thought he had great potential from the very beginning. But I confess, I did criticize the damn O, and deservedly so.

We won’t know how productive this player will be until he actually plays for us. I think he will be ok. He may not be the star some of our fans want, but I’m happy with us signing anyone who can get the job done.

I don’t expect much from this guy, but I hope he develops.

Phil Jones was destroyed on this board for 3 years.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:59, topic:29672”]I don’t expect much from this guy, but I hope he develops.

Phil Jones was destroyed on this board for 3 years.[/quote]

He also played extremely soft for 3 years. He got ripped for not playing like the giant mofo he was. Part of the was Phil and part of that was coaching. He certainly seemed to finally get that edge when he got kicked off the team. It was so frustrating to see someone with his abilities be so soft around the basket. He left so many points on the board because he didn’t go up strong. So let’s not act like Phil was knocking it out of the park and the fan base was way off base. Sure some criticism was too much but this is sports. It’s what fans do.

As for this recruit, we needed size and he brings size. Let’s see what he can do.