Lutz Live 2-nite

You sir are an idiot. Coach K is the best in the game..Why???....well, let's see.....maybe because he has 8 All-Americans on his team that are able to make decisions on the court because they have the confidence to shoot/play...Duke takes wild, contested shots as well because, like Bobby, he gives them the confindence to shoot tough shots. The difference is....they have the pick of the litter with proven basketball skills before they even step on campus....We on the other hand get the red-headed step children nobody else wants and have to develop them over time. Hopefully, like Lee, they dont get worn down by the end of the season because unlike Duke players 6'5, 6'4, etc. we have to depend on 5'11 to get it done. You people dont see how Bobby and Rob develop average players (Jobey, Young, Plavich, Alexande, Goldwire) into go-to-guys. [B]You will never accept the fact that Charlotte will never(I dont care who the coach is) get All-American caliber players. Now if you want to hire a cheater like Huggins to come in here and destroy the integrity of our program....then go for it....because cheating is the only way Charlotte will ever be were you think we should be.....
[/B]

Well, I was with you until you had to go and rip the program again! Those last 2 sentences are some of the biggest piles of crap I’ve read on this board in a while, and thats saying something!

[QUOTE=ninerdad101;292934]Do you ever hear Roy Williams being questioned about shot selection or why this or why that? No! You want to know why??? Because his alumni, fans, administration back him 100%. I still think Bobby should tell everyone to kiss his a** and take the USC job and leave us here wondering what now…[/QUOTE]

Actually, many of us don’t hear questions and answers to Roy Williiams. But I would be willing to bet that Doughtery got some questions and he certainly did not have 100% backing from fans, alumni and and administration. There is a difference in the attitude toward coaches who win National Championships, and those who have mediocre records. I wish Bobby the best, but do you really think that the AD from SC is standing at Bobby’s door drooling over a blank contract ?
By the way, how many degrees does it take to see that the something was wrong with the way the team played in the last few minutes at Dayton?

First, let me state that Bobby is a very educated person and would know better than to state, “asking me if I SEEN the other games.” He knows the correct grammar would be, “have you seen” or “did you see.” Secondly, do you cry when we win taking those shots? Did you listen to him when speaking of giving kids “confindence” in shooting the ball? If you take the shots away the confindence to shoot tough shots and score would go away as well. And a big part of his displeasure was probably due to the fact that he knew he was getting questioned by a snot-nosed brat who chats on the boards and knows nothing about the INS and OUTS of basketball. Do you ever hear Roy Williams being questioned about shot selection or why this or why that? No! You want to know why??? Because his alumni, fans, administration back him 100%. I still think Bobby should tell everyone to kiss his a** and take the USC job and leave us here wondering what now…

Can’t say that I disagree

i admit. You had me going until you said this. This makes it sound like you care about the coach much more than the program. Many of us disagree with these 2 remarks.

[QUOTE=ninerdad101;292941]You will never accept the fact that Charlotte will never(I dont care who the coach is) get All-American caliber players. …because cheating is the only way Charlotte will ever be were you think we should be…[/QUOTE]

We’ve gotten them before and will likely get them again. 49er basketball didn’t start with Lutz, it won’t end with Lutz. I would like to see him have a long, successful career here, but the attitude of some of his cronies is wearing thin. The attitude that we don’t deserve Bobby because we will never be any better than we are is pushing people away from him. It is sad when the best some people can do to defend Bobby is to discredit our university.

49erCC - Hey, continue to listen to Roy Williams Live then, if you want. Please keep your rants coming though, as you’re at least entertaining enough, I guess.

You sir are an idiot. Coach K is the best in the game..Why???....well, let's see.....maybe because he has 8 All-Americans on his team that are able to make decisions on the court because they have the confidence to shoot/play...Duke takes wild, contested shots as well because, like Bobby, he gives them the confindence to shoot tough shots. The difference is....they have the pick of the litter with proven basketball skills before they even step on campus....We on the other hand get the red-headed step children nobody else wants and have to develop them over time. Hopefully, like Lee, they dont get worn down by the end of the season because unlike Duke players 6'5, 6'4, etc. we have to depend on 5'11 to get it done. You people dont see how Bobby and Rob develop average players (Jobey, Young, Plavich, Alexande, Goldwire) into go-to-guys. You will never accept the fact that Charlotte will never(I dont care who the coach is) get All-American caliber players. Now if you want to hire a cheater like Huggins to come in here and destroy the integrity of our program....then go for it....because cheating is the only way Charlotte will ever be were you think we should be.....

Wow, thanks for being the adult and start the name calling. :huh: I’m not going to take the time to respond, everybody on this board knows where your allegiance lies, and it’s not with the school. By the way there is a spell check option on the board, why don’t you use it.

It is understandable that he has his basketball philosophy and he sticks with it through think and thin, however we should have attacked the basket more down the stretch in both the Richmond and Dayton games.

I didn’t hear Lutz Live, but if he was condescending in his responses, that is immature of him. He is a D1 coach getting paid pretty well so when his team loses he has to face scrutiny.
There are much better ways for him to defend his decision to let those types of shots go.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;292828]If you’ve been watching Bobby for the last 10 yrs, you know nothing will change. He gives the green light to guys, thats what he does.[/QUOTE]

so does every other Div I coach…coach K has done that for years. As soon as you take it away the kid doesn’t know whether to shoot or not. pure shooter have the green light

[QUOTE=EJNiner;292966]so does every other Div I coach…coach K has done that for years. As soon as you take it away the kid doesn’t know whether to shoot or not. pure shooter have the green light[/QUOTE]

We haven’t had a pure shooter since Jobey Thomas.

I consider Plav to be a pure shooter, do you not?

[QUOTE=EE9er;292968]I consider Plav to be a pure shooter, do you not?[/QUOTE]

…

You have got to admit Plav was a pure shooter. He was not great handling the ball, and defense was tough for him, but he could hit a three like nobody’s business.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;292970]You have got to admit Plav was a pure shooter. He was not great handling the ball, and defense was tough for him, but he could hit a three like nobody’s business.[/QUOTE]

He couldn’t hit FTs and he had so many games where he missed 10 more shots than he made. That is not a pure shooter.

The original post was that "Coach K is the best in the business", and I believe that is ATLEAST debatable. If you don't, thats fine, but don't act like it is beyond debate!...You might want to also consider that it is a LITTLE easier to coach a team full of 5-star and MCD's All Americans than it is a team full of 2 and 3 star players! That sometimes makes you look a little better. Ask the folks at Kansas State what just one great player can do for a team. I'm not making excuses for Bobby or saying he is perfect (far from it), but not everyone buys into the "Coach K is the greatest ever" hype! :tongue:

I’m not sure it is debatable. And I hate Dook. Who would you rate ahead of him?

Yes it is easier to coach McD’s All americans, but he didn’t start out with that when he first took over the program. What I think Coach K does better than anybody, is to find players that fit his system and makes them great, at least while they’re at Duke. He almost always has a player that talent wise is not as highly rated than another player, but when you look at that players stats its hard to argue with how good they are. This year is a good example. Demarcus Nelson is their best player but I don’t think he’ll have much NBA success.

[QUOTE=ninerdad101;292941]You sir are an idiot. Coach K is the best in the game…Why???..well, let’s see…maybe because he has 8 All-Americans on his team that are able to make decisions on the court because they have the confidence to shoot/play…Duke takes wild, contested shots as well because, like Bobby, he gives them the confindence to shoot tough shots. The difference is…they have the pick of the litter with proven basketball skills before they even step on campus…We on the other hand get the red-headed step children nobody else wants and have to develop them over time. Hopefully, like Lee, they dont get worn down by the end of the season because unlike Duke players 6’5, 6’4, etc. we have to depend on 5’11 to get it done. You people dont see how Bobby and Rob develop average players (Jobey, Young, Plavich, Alexande, Goldwire) into go-to-guys. You will never accept the fact that Charlotte will never(I dont care who the coach is) get All-American caliber players. Now if you want to hire a cheater like Huggins to come in here and destroy the integrity of our program…then go for it…because cheating is the only way Charlotte will ever be were you think we should be…[/QUOTE]

Rodney White was all-american caliber. So was Byron Dinkins and Henry Williams. Cornbread was NBA finals MVP. Curtis Withers plyed on a National team.

We don’t have our pick every year like Duke And UNC-Ch, but we do get talent.

And I’m not sure what you watch on TV, but Duke is a much more disciplined team on offense than we are. But I can tell by your post that you are big ACC bootlicker.

You will never accept the fact that Charlotte will never(I dont care who the coach is) get All-American caliber players. Now if you want to hire a cheater like Huggins to come in here and destroy the integrity of our program....then go for it....because cheating is the only way Charlotte will ever be were you think we should be.....

Basden, White, Withers, Demarco …

[QUOTE=hootie;292974]Cornbread was NBA finals MVP.[/QUOTE]
We were just discussing recently in another thread that Maxwell was an All-American his senior season in 1977.

[QUOTE=KissMyAxe;292946
As far as comparing the questions Coach Lutz fields versus Coach Williams, well thats an entirely different ball game. One coach has mutliple Final Fours and a National Champoinship and the other doesn’t. [/QUOTE]

A national championship with another coach’s recruits and several final fours with hundreds of McDonald All-Americans…your right there is a big difference. He makes one phone call to any H.S. player he wants while we spend years trying to lure that same recruit to Charlotte, that as we know, never comes…

[quote=KissMyAxe;292946]

No matter how you say it, its gonna put any coach on the defensive. But I think it is a fair question. It doesn’t take a UNC-CH Alum to figure out we lack discipline.

Why use UNC-CH in your example? Implying that a CH grad is smarter than a Charlotte grad?