Mayfield's role

fudge.

Weā€™re done. :ā€™(

Would have been nice to see what this team at full strength could have done in the A10 this year.

We saw what it could do. Get itā€™s ass beat on the road.

[quote=ā€œjoeniner, post:37, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œsokool, post:5, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œX-49er, post:4, topic:27430ā€]From the article:

But the 49ers might have fared better in a 82-54 loss against George Washington had Mayfield been able to come in and potentially pprovide a spark, rather than be part of a sluggish Charlotte start that quickly dissolved into a blowout defeat.

Mayfield scored 9 of our first 11 points. We would have gotten smoked much earlier in the game had he not been in the starting lineup. Heā€™s our best and most consistent player. He needs to be starting.[/quote]

AGREED ā€¦ its absolutely ridiculous but so typical of Major ??? to even contemplate not starting Mayfield.

Could be some more interesting info/stories coming out about Mayfield soon, stay tuned. :-X[/quote]

Sokool tried to tell us all[/quote]

Exactly Joeniner ā€¦ Now that its out publicly here you go. Major staff and David Scott have been pulling the wool over this fanbases eyes every since he has been here. Using the violation of athletic policy excuse has allowed MajorFail and the powers to be to be vague and cover up a number of lies and inept decisions by Major and his staff.

First Mayfield ā€¦ this is DRUGS pure and simple. Failed urine tests over and over. MajorOliver has fostered and turned a blind eye to a culture of rampant Drug and Alcohol use on his teams past and present every since he has was hired. Mayfield is as much the victim here as the culprit. MajorOliver knew he needed help and kept minimizing the consequences of his violations because keeping him on the court was much more important to Major than allowing this kid to get the longterm help he needed. Now the hens have come home to roost. So much for Majorā€™s constant BS about caring for his kids and changing the culture (YEAH RIGHT).

Next is Spears and the lies that he attacked a coach, never happened. MajorOliver chose to concoct a story to tarnish and blame Spears, suspend him and mortgage our season simply because they didnā€™t like the kid and hated his continued allegiance to Bobby Lutz.

Phil Jones MajorOliver fell asleep at the wheel. They had full knowledge of Philā€™s academic issues early enough to save his season as they have the password to every players academic account. They stood idly by, never proactive and took a careless approach to the possibility that Jones would most likely be ineligible the second semester. Again not giving a damn about winning for this university.

MajorOliver concocted the story about the Luka having family problems and returned home to address them. BS this kid had quit the team before he ever left because of being lied to by the current staff about playing time and his role.

Briscoe,Green,KJ and now Braz all suffered mightily at the hands of a staff who deceived them, denied them a fair opportunity to compete and excel, created a culture of my guys Lutz guys with the premium being on who MajorOliver likes the best.

JB smart guy, good player, who realized early how to play the MAJOROLIVER game.

One rogue coach should not tarnish the many employees of Charlotte university who genuinely care about the young men and women who attend and represent this great university on the courts and fields. Therefore I continue to support and cheer for the university as a whole but never blind to the unscrupulous behavior of a mbb coaching staff that does not represent the integrity that this university was built on.

And BTW David Scott is Majorā€™s puppet. He is a Major part of Majorā€™s damage control team. David Scott has sat on intimate and factual knowledge of urine tampering and other information given to him by those closely connected to the program.

I expect the MODS to ban me as its been evident the TRUTH is not readily accepted on this board. If so hereā€™s hoping for growth as this season continues on the court and off.

Mayfield just canā€™t lay down the weed. I mean, in all honesty, it is what it is. Heā€™s not the first, nor heā€™s the last, but the thing is, he shouldā€™ve easily been able to pass urine tests. Thatā€™s just dumb.

Make sense to me ! I think Major is a joke as a game coach. Decent recruiter, but pathetic as a coach. Players playing hard have won games this seasonā€¦not anything heā€™s done !

to take something of a contrarian view at this point in the thread, let me point out that the title is ironic. maybe ā€œmayfieldā€™s roleā€ is to serve as great big object lesson in the the coachesā€™ and ADā€™s determination to let these and future kids know that team policy violations will not be tolerated. even by ā€˜starsā€™.

[quote=ā€œsokool, post:45, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œjoeniner, post:37, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œsokool, post:5, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œX-49er, post:4, topic:27430ā€]From the article:

But the 49ers might have fared better in a 82-54 loss against George Washington had Mayfield been able to come in and potentially pprovide a spark, rather than be part of a sluggish Charlotte start that quickly dissolved into a blowout defeat.

Mayfield scored 9 of our first 11 points. We would have gotten smoked much earlier in the game had he not been in the starting lineup. Heā€™s our best and most consistent player. He needs to be starting.[/quote]

AGREED ā€¦ its absolutely ridiculous but so typical of Major ??? to even contemplate not starting Mayfield.

Could be some more interesting info/stories coming out about Mayfield soon, stay tuned. :-X[/quote]

Exactly Joeniner ā€¦ Now that its out publicly here you go. Major staff and David Scott have been pulling the wool over this fanbases eyes every since he has been here. Using the violation of athletic policy excuse has allowed MajorFail and the powers to be to be vague and cover up a number of lies and inept decisions by Major and his staff.

First Mayfield ā€¦ this is DRUGS pure and simple. Failed urine tests over and over. MajorOliver has fostered and turned a blind eye to a culture of rampant Drug and Alcohol use on his teams past and present every since he has was hired. Mayfield is as much the victim here as the culprit. MajorOliver knew he needed help and kept minimizing the consequences of his violations because keeping him on the court was much more important to Major than allowing this kid to get the longterm help he needed. Now the hens have come home to roost. So much for Majorā€™s constant BS about caring for his kids and changing the culture (YEAH RIGHT).

Next is Spears and the lies that he attacked a coach, never happened. MajorOliver chose to concoct a story to tarnish and blame Spears, suspend him and mortgage our season simply because they didnā€™t like the kid and hated his continued allegiance to Bobby Lutz.

Phil Jones MajorOliver fell asleep at the wheel. They had full knowledge of Philā€™s academic issues early enough to save his season as they have the password to every players academic account. They stood idly by, never proactive and took a careless approach to the possibility that Jones would most likely be ineligible the second semester. Again not giving a damn about winning for this university.

MajorOliver concocted the story about the Luka having family problems and returned home to address them. BS this kid had quit the team before he ever left because of being lied to by the current staff about playing time and his role.

Briscoe,Green,KJ and now Braz all suffered mightily at the hands of a staff who deceived them, denied them a fair opportunity to compete and excel, created a culture of my guys Lutz guys with the premium being on who MajorOliver likes the best.

One rogue coach should not tarnish the many employees of Charlotte university who genuinely care about the young men and women who attend and represent this great university on the courts and fields. Therefore I continue to support and cheer for the university as a whole but never blind to the unscrupulous behavior of a mbb coaching staff that does not represent the integrity that this university was built on.

And BTW David Scott is Majorā€™s puppet. He is a Major part of Majorā€™s damage control team. David Scott has sat on intimate and factual knowledge of urine tampering and other information given to him by those closely connected to the program.

I expect the MODS to ban me as its been evident the TRUTH is not readily accepted on this board. If so hereā€™s hoping for growth as this season continues on the court and off.[/quote] Manti Tā€™eo wishes YOU were imaginary.

Yeah because its worked so farā€¦ kicking two players off the team and multiple suspensions of multiple players.

Wait a minute! Youā€™re telling me that poor lil Mayfield was exploited and taken advantage of by Size king by failing to address his rampant drug use so that he could keep him on the court, only to kick him off the team right when we head into the toughest part of our schedule and are sitting near the top of the A10 standings?

Makes total sense

That sly dog!

clt is glad we run a clean program, unlike another school in this state.

[quote=ā€œsokool, post:45, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œjoeniner, post:37, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œsokool, post:5, topic:27430ā€][quote=ā€œX-49er, post:4, topic:27430ā€]From the article:

I expect the MODS to ban me as its been evident the TRUTH is not readily accepted on this board. If so hereā€™s hoping for growth as this season continues on the court and off.[/quote]

You, sir, are a jackass.

ā€œI donā€™t do drugs, though. Just weed.ā€

sokool knew about this before everyone else did. Maybe he knows more than most.

I always wondered why Mayfield always seemed to start the season slow and get better 5-6 games in. Now I know. After that pre-season drug test he just needs a few weeks for his glaucoma to clear up.

Yeah because its worked so farā€¦ kicking two players off the team and multiple suspensions of multiple players.

so all the more reason to keep it up! i donā€™t expect these guys to teach sunday school anymore than i expect sokool to let us all in on his ā€œinside informationā€, but i do believe that we can win at the level we want to and run a program that will make us all proud. really. where do you draw the line? wink at something thatā€™s illegal? (change the laws!) offer bunny courses? pay $150/hour for a summer job w/ no requirements? how far would we be comfortable in going?[/quote]

We are not winning national championships so at least be proud in running a clean program.

Iā€™ve never doubted that Sokol gets the scoop being that heā€™s attached himself to briscoe at the hip. I just believe his assessments are wrong.

Kicking off spears to deliberately sink his first season seems a littleā€¦uhā€¦stupid.

Sokool knows some things slightly before they appear to others because mayfield and briscoe still communicate. Not really rocket science here.