MBB transfer thread

clt says this is why chatface and insta chat is bad for sports.

So our projected starting lineup for next year is Davis, White, Price, Ajukwa and Benas?

https://agent49.net/jackson-bergang-set-to-transfer-griciunas-to-graduate/

Updated scholarship table: https://agent49.net/scholarship-table/

Posted just a little too early.

A full 83% of our team will be upper-classmen. Price finally has the experience he needs to win!

Guys, if you ever thought about trying out for the team, nowā€™s probably the best chance youā€™ll ever get of making it lol

Canā€™t blame him. What a joke our basketball program has become.

Him? Itā€™s 3 guys that are leaving. We are currently have 6? scholarship players set for next year.

:frowning: beans
:smiley: beans
:-[ beans

Itā€™s official, this program is now scorched earth. Our team sucks. Our conference sucks. Time to go all in and become a soccer school. Thanks Judy!

not to try and be positive here but if only benas and the swede had left, we would all say, ā€œgood, they sucked, maybe price can land some actual players in their place.ā€ losing jackson hurts but if he is leaving bc he wants to play pg more, i canā€™t blame him. can price and staff land quality guys who can make us better for next season? iā€™m skeptical but i will wait until the end of signing period to go bananas.

It was brief but I liked what I saw from Murphy in Canada. He could easily slide into the backup PG position. My guess is that he will be on scholarship next year but that is pure speculation on my part.

So now we canā€™t even keep a kid that was made come here by his dad, to specifically play for Price ???
This is very quickly getting OUT OF HAND !

Is now go time for this coaching staff to rectify the problems and get this program started back in the right direction.
JB canā€™t do but so much and weā€™re damn lucky heā€™s on this roster.

Iā€™m starting to get very depressed. I know,Benas and Swedeā€¦goodbye. Jackson leavingā€¦uh,that really worries me.Part of a coaches job is keeping kids motivated,however they accomplish that. Even if itā€™s true that Jackson wanted the ball moreā€¦if Price cannot convince him to hang in with us than thatā€™s a weakness as far as iā€™m concerned.So now Price is looking at year 3 with a multitude of schollies open and his son has 1 more year hereā€¦I donā€™t think heā€™s feeling the heat like a 1st time major college coach would feel,as he can probably always land and NBA Assā€™t gig if this doesnā€™t work out.

Iā€™m sure as is standard op. procedure here that weā€™ll not hear much about anything.Funny,I donā€™t see any of our valued assistants transferringā€¦probably because theyā€™ve got nowhere to go.

If QJ is concerned about time, that doesnā€™t make sense. He should get plenty of court time at the 1 and 2 next year.

If QJ is concerned about time, that doesnā€™t make sense. He should get plenty of court time at the 1 and 2 next year.[/quote]He wants to be a 1. We have a really good 1. Some kids can handle that, others canā€™t. He still would have had the ball here with Priceā€™s philosophy. Some times things just donā€™t work for various reasons. Hope he finds a good fit for him and puts in the work.

Seems like that is the way of life in college basketball now. I read last year that nearly 25-30% of college basketball players transfer now. That is a huge number, but the grass is always greener on the other side.

Hopefully with the relationship Price has with QJs Dad hope he had a heads up and able to recruit this spot before now.

Price mentioning more than a couple of times in post games that QJ needed to work or is finding out how much he would need to work was definitely a red flag for this situation now.

Hope QJ finds a new home and best of luck to him.

This seemed like an appropriate place to post:

[quote=ā€œcharlotte004, post:58, topic:30851ā€]This seemed like an appropriate place to post:

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/14/college-basketball-transfers-cinderella-ncaa-tournament[/quote]

Thatā€™s a very interesting article, but I do not necessarily agree with the headline. Plenty of other mid major schools have gone to the tournament back to back or multiple times recently. There have been multiple programs who have been moving up in talent and wins the past few years.

Part of that is accepting transfers moving down from bigger programs, JUCOs, and other places.

[quote=ā€œninerJ, post:52, topic:30851ā€]So now we canā€™t even keep a kid that was made come here by his dad, to specifically play for Price ???
This is very quickly getting OUT OF HAND !

Is now go time for this coaching staff to rectify the problems and get this program started back in the right direction.
[size=1.35em]JB canā€™t do but so much[/size] and weā€™re damn lucky heā€™s on this roster.[/quote]
Iā€™ll try to not let this recognition go to my head, just going to keep working.

FWIW: The way I heard it is that it was JDā€™s dad that called here and wanted his son to learn to play point from Mark Price and not QJā€™s dad.