Metro grinding his axe against Judy again

So does Fowler get any credit when CJ Leslie takes them to sweet 16 nxt yr? That was huge get[/quote]

They aren’t going to anyone’s sweet 16 next year. It was a huge get by Sidney Lowe though.[/quote]

It all falls under the AD. You said they arent relevant.
Fowler had the program relevant enough to get a stud. You cant have it both ways[/quote]

That is like saying Judy had the program relevant enough for us to land Rodney White…

[quote=“Metro, post:25, topic:23217”][quote=“ninerID, post:20, topic:23217”][quote=“Metro, post:18, topic:23217”]our program is sliding and sliding… and about to slide backwards again

we are INVISIBLE to the public and general sports fan, despite what 10 clowns on NNN think[/quote]
How are we sliding? I haven’t felt our stock has risen faster than it is right now in a long time. We made a major shift in men’s basketball by firing a mediocre alumn. We took a chance on an assistant, but we made the statement that we want to be a consistant tourney team and if you can’t get us there, it doesn’t matter who you are, you are out. This time next year we will have a head football coach. in 3 and a half years we are playing football. We are getting a permanant football stadium and training facility. We have a new baseball stadium, and it is going to get that much nicer.

more to the point, we aren’t changing AD’s now. We are knee deep in football and title ix additions right now.[/quote]
that is the most comical post on NNN is some time

INVISIBLE

Hell our own paper won’t even publish an article where we could land in the BCS conf domino effect…every other college town has had a piece. Because nobody cares about Charlotte athletics and the O knows it.

your post infers credit to Rose for football…she was Chineese volunteer along with CHP. Lets not be revisionist on history here. Mac Everett is the 49er football god. He… and a band of scrappy alumni who fought the power and forced change…[/quote]

:wink: Fixed!

We would not sniff Rodney today.

So does Fowler get any credit when CJ Leslie takes them to sweet 16 nxt yr? That was huge get[/quote]

They aren’t going to anyone’s sweet 16 next year. It was a huge get by Sidney Lowe though.[/quote]

It all falls under the AD. You said they arent relevant.
Fowler had the program relevant enough to get a stud. You cant have it both ways[/quote]

That is like saying Judy had the program relevant enough for us to land Rodney White…[/quote]

And Demarco, and Jarvis, and Colson, and Heyward.

Oh, and if we’re following this thinking, Judy gets credit for metro signing with the Niners as well. Though as metro has pointed out, who cares about baseball?

Irony.

Is that Bobby’s fault or Judy’s?

The “Judy deserves some credit for Michael Beasley - Metro” thread would have broke the internet

Judy let things with Bobby drag out and let us get into this position.

I’m neither a Judy nor Bobby fan, but it wasn’t as cut and dry as that. Could Judy have really fired Bobby after a bounce back 20 win season?

Judy wasn’t in a legit position to fire Bobby until this season and she (or CHP, depends on your views) fired him. The only person who could have saved this program was Bobby by leaving for another job in 2005, and he missed his chance.

I gotta defend Judy here. When was the right time? It’s not easy to say and hindsight is 20/20. Bobby took us places we’d hadn’t been since Rose. He was at one time a pretty good coach and when we switch conferences and almost make the tourney a couple years and have one that was sabotaged by injury and an important player departure, there was reasonable argument to keep him.

I think 5 years was fine. Looking back now, yea, I’d have liked to drop him earlier, but if you look at the way it played out, it wasn’t that terrible the Judy kept him on that long.

Bobby took us places we’d hadn’t been since Rose.[/quote]

No, he didn’t.

Bobby took us places we’d hadn’t been since Rose.[/quote]

No, he didn’t.[/quote]

hahaha

I’m not saying it would have been easy to fire Bobby. The thing that makes it worse was the behind doors extension.

It’s in the past now and doesn’t really matter, what’s done is done. I’m not a pro-Judy person, but she’s done some great things. She will have a chance to see if she can take us to the next level. I think we should be at the next level and putting of football this long rests squarely on Judy.

[quote=“Metro, post:25, topic:23217”][quote=“ninerID, post:20, topic:23217”][quote=“Metro, post:18, topic:23217”]our program is sliding and sliding… and about to slide backwards again

we are INVISIBLE to the public and general sports fan, despite what 10 clowns on NNN think[/quote]
How are we sliding? I haven’t felt our stock has risen faster than it is right now in a long time. We made a major shift in men’s basketball by firing a mediocre alumn. We took a chance on an assistant, but we made the statement that we want to be a consistant tourney team and if you can’t get us there, it doesn’t matter who you are, you are out. This time next year we will have a head football coach. in 3 and a half years we are playing football. We are getting a permanant football stadium and training facility. We have a new baseball stadium, and it is going to get that much nicer.

more to the point, we aren’t changing AD’s now. We are knee deep in football and title ix additions right now.[/quote]
that is the most comical post on NNN is some time

INVISIBLE

Hell our own paper won’t even publish an article where we could land in the BCS conf domino effect…every other college town has had a piece. Because nobody cares about Charlotte athletics and the O knows it.
[/quote]
Has our paper ever covered us enough? Has this town cared about us at all since '77?

your post infers credit to Rose for football....she was Chineese volunteer along with CHP. Lets not be revisionist on history here. Mac Everett is the 49er football god. He
Yes, cause Judy was totally supposed to speak out against the position of her boss.

You can’t possibly believe Judy didn’t want football here and that she didn’t make her feelings known to CHP. When your head of athletics is pro-football, you’re not going to ignore it.

[quote=“Metro, post:3, topic:23217”]I don’t hate Judy for the zillionth time, just think we aren’t reaching our potential with her, and slid backwards in 19 years, and marketing is god awful, and we have ZERO connection with the region.

Fowler would be instant upgrade.[/quote]

Judy has hired good coaches… you are right about the marketing and connection to the region. I’m not advocating her dismissal, but we really really need to get on the marketing thing. With this many people at school/in town it’s a shame that we don’t average around 8,000+ people a game.

Woodward didn’t want football either (other person being CHP). Not easy to get football here when your boss is staunchly opposed to it.

we should have dropped Bobby the year he flirted with USA. We pussyfooted around and it left us with a few more years of mediocrity. No way we could have fired him the next year when he wins 20 games and becomes the all time wins leader for the school.

Is that on Judy? Some of it is I’m sure. But I recall the general wisdom at the time was that Dr Phil was calling the shots on that. And Metro continually refuses to give any credit to Judy for firing Lutz this year. It just seems to me that if you arent going to give credit to Judy for firing Lutz this year than how can you hold her responsible for not firing him a few years ago. Seems like a double standard to me.

Is that Bobby’s fault or Judy’s?[/quote]
Damn fair question. Lutz has blame.

Much of whats all being discussed here is chicken vs egg.

Could Lutz win with what was provided? I say no. I am sure Major will get whatever he wants since her job dangles on his success.

To win it takes a group effort. Marketing, TV, legit branding, good coaching, and community engagement. Some of you argue winning must be first, how do you get legit kids and win with no TV or even a TV coaches show? Sorry that falls on AD. Like i said, dont be surprised if we suddenly buy TV time.

CHP and Judy put pass the buck too much.

Also note- the single biggest problem is the largest donors are still people half engaged, 75 yrs old, and no passion for 49ers. Alum have no control of this program. None. They are happy with status quo.

[quote=“casstommy, post:56, topic:23217”]we should have dropped Bobby the year he flirted with USA. We pussyfooted around and it left us with a few more years of mediocrity. No way we could have fired him the next year when he wins 20 games and becomes the all time wins leader for the school.

Is that on Judy? Some of it is I’m sure. But I recall the general wisdom at the time was that Dr Phil was calling the shots on that. And Metro continually refuses to give any credit to Judy for firing Lutz this year. It just seems to me that if you arent going to give credit to Judy for firing Lutz this year than how can you hold her responsible for not firing him a few years ago. Seems like a double standard to me.[/quote]? What ? Flirted with S Ala?

Judy and Phil sat Lutz down and said he is done! Told him to go get a job! He got one and said screw it, im all in.

He didnt flirt with them. Get your facts right.

you should start taking your own advice.

I meant that it should have never gotten to that point. After the season, we should have cut ties with him. Instead of firing him, we put the ball in his court and he took a look at USA. Everyone is aware of how it went down. It was a bush league move and I’ve been critical of it a hundred times.

I don’t know a thing about former AD at State but in my honest opinion Judy Rose isn’t a big time AD. She’s a title nine paper pusher as far as I’m concerned and will further stall Charlotte athletics going forward. On the plus side she did an o.k. job with football initiative but didn’t lead a gd thing in that regard, just took orders and checked the wind direction before ever making a move. Rose is at best an adequate AD, nothing special but definitely not my choice for my school.