NCAA issues L1 Practice Penalty to MBB for low APR...

We would be. Blue bloods aren’t.

We would be. Blue bloods aren’t.[/quote]

And even if by some rare chance they are, they wouldn’t send out an email about it.

We would be. Blue bloods aren’t.[/quote]

And even if by some rare chance they are, they wouldn’t send out an email about it.[/quote] They send out an E-mail link to lots of stuff off Charlotte 49ers.com. Wasn’t this article about our APR situation overall, not just men’s basketball? Three squads were perfect. etc, etc.

I don’t mind them sending out the email about it. Honestly it would have come out. All you have to do is go to the APR site the NCAA has and it is listed plain as day there. As upset as I am about the program I could have easily gone there looking to see where we are, see that we have a penalty and then blown up even more because Judy clearly said APR wasn’t an issue at the coaches show. They are just getting out in front of the issue because they know they have portion of the few fans left that are pissed. They also can then queue up the AD no-questions asked supporters to deflect criticism that is coming in. Easier to manage that.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:24, topic:28816”]I like how Judy sat there at the final coaches show and said APR wasn’t an issue.[/quote] OOH. Pantsuit on fire!

Y’all said 2.6 for transfers. You know what’s going to happen. A school’s going to tell transfers they have to get 2.6 to transfer to protect our APR. Someone’s going to get 2.4 or 2.5, a perfectly respectable score. The school is going to deny the transfer. Thus when the player transfers anyway, he/she doesn’t get a schollie in the transfer year costing that player mega bucks, and that player is going to then sue that the blocked transfer cost him/her a year’s worth of tuition.

A guy at work wants to know who will Judy send out their with a stop watch to make sure we don’t go over 16:00:00 for the week? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, at least we get to keep our postseason eligibility.

Too bad this probably has more of an effect on us than a postseason ban would…

Please see coach Cal’s history. Thank you

Please see coach Cal’s history. Thank you[/quote]

His history for vacating wins due to NCAA violations and sanctions at every school he’s coached??

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:14, topic:28816”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:28816”][quote=“4ever niner, post:11, topic:28816”][quote=“s9er, post:5, topic:28816”]Another feather in the cap for Alan Major. Really feel good about the leadership of the Mens basketball program. :o[/quote] All of the problem was with his first team. You know whose players those were, I guess.
A 20% reduction in practice time will hurt.[/quote]

clt says it may help.[/quote]

I think this might be true. We have ended the past 2 seasons pretty poorly. Perhaps the team was more worn out from harder practices than their opponents. Teams usually have less physically demanding practices later in the season and I’ve always thought that might not be the case with this staff. Guess we shall see.[/quote] We had little depth last season. Not rocket science to figure out why the team was spent toward the end. Next season should be a different story insofar as depth is concerned.
I think we could use the practice time we won’t get.

“Just wait till next year”

• Every Niners fan ever, circa 1978 to current.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:51, topic:28816”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:14, topic:28816”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:28816”][quote=“4ever niner, post:11, topic:28816”][quote=“s9er, post:5, topic:28816”]Another feather in the cap for Alan Major. Really feel good about the leadership of the Mens basketball program. :o[/quote] All of the problem was with his first team. You know whose players those were, I guess.

I think this might be true. We have ended the past 2 seasons pretty poorly. Perhaps the team was more worn out from harder practices than their opponents. Teams usually have less physically demanding practices later in the season and I’ve always thought that might not be the case with this staff. Guess we shall see.[/quote] We had little depth last season. Not rocket science to figure out why the team was spent toward the end. Next season should be a different story insofar as depth is concerned.
I think we could use the practice time we won’t get.[/quote]

So it was depth last season?

We haven’t finished a season strong in forever. Bobby’s last team was a disaster and then here is Major’s time here:

[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Nov: 17-7[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Dec: 16-10[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Jan: 15-16[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Feb: 7-23[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Mar: 4-5 (includes tournament games)[/size]

Basically when he can schedule garbage early he wins, when things get tough late he loses.

To be fair, he has beaten some decent teams early on in the season. I’d probably say his issues are more related to not adjusting as the season moves on and not changing offensive and defensive schemes as more and more tape is available on you. We essentially stagnate.

Also true - I was more pointing out the number of wins early are typically against the soft schedule. You are correct he has gotten a few good wins in there as well - UT, Michigan

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:53, topic:28816”][quote=“4ever niner, post:51, topic:28816”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:14, topic:28816”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:28816”][quote=“4ever niner, post:11, topic:28816”][quote=“s9er, post:5, topic:28816”]Another feather in the cap for Alan Major. Really feel good about the leadership of the Mens basketball program. :o[/quote] All of the problem was with his first team. You know whose players those were, I guess.

We haven’t finished a season strong in forever. Bobby’s last team was a disaster and then here is Major’s time here:

[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Nov: 17-7[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Dec: 16-10[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Jan: 15-16[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Feb: 7-23[/size]
[size=9pt][font=courier new]o[/font][/size][size=7pt][font=times new roman] [/font][/size][size=9pt]Mar: 4-5 (includes tournament games)[/size]

Basically when he can schedule garbage early he wins, when things get tough late he loses.[/quote] We should have the best quality depth next year we have had in a long time. We’ll see if it makes a difference in Feb.
I think you took my comment to be a defense of Major’s coaching, which it wasn’t intended to be. Maybe we’ll find late season success. Maybe he’s as bad as you think and we won’t.

exactly. i dont think its a question of lack of depth or wearing down.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:56, topic:28816”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:53, topic:28816”][quote=“4ever niner, post:51, topic:28816”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:14, topic:28816”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:28816”][quote=“4ever niner, post:11, topic:28816”][quote=“s9er, post:5, topic:28816”]Another feather in the cap for Alan Major. Really feel good about the leadership of the Mens basketball program. :o[/quote] All of the problem was with his first team. You know whose players those were, I guess.

Basically when he can schedule garbage early he wins, when things get tough late he loses.[/quote] We should have the best quality depth next year we have had in a long time. We’ll see if it makes a difference in Feb.
I think you took my comment to be a defense of Major’s coaching, which it wasn’t intended to be. Maybe we’ll find late season success. Maybe he’s as bad as you think and we won’t.[/quote]

Didn’t take it so much in defense of Major as much as taking the chance to point out our failures in the second half of the year have been consistent over 2 coaches, 2 conferences (3 if you want to count the 2005 collapse) and that some of the depth problems have been self inflicted.

I agree with you that we should have the deepest team we have had in quite sometime. Just hope that this go round if we fail again then we won’t fall back on the lack of practice time or youth of key contributors or some other reason for the failure and we look at who is captaining the ship. I just want to win.

I really cant see that happening. The team will have a few new contributors, but for the most part major players have been together with the team at least a year.

I am making that statement assuming transfers can practice with the team. Is that correct? If so your top 7-9 rotation guys have been practicing together for a year.

Last season was inexcusable.