New Article on Football

Looks like another dime a dozen ā€œlibā€ journalist to me

Looks like another dime a dozen "lib" journalist to me

What does political philosophy have to do with this? Thatā€™s the stupidest remark on this thread so far.

I posted this after looking at her picture,
come onā€¦you have to agree

Hey, keep all hatred aimed at her, not amongst ourselves :wink:

[QUOTE=Gill2003;210169]Hey, keep all hatred aimed at her, not amongst ourselves ;)[/QUOTE]
LOL. Exactly

May as well get used to this. I think as the discussion moves forward towards a football analysis/debate, this will be a typical response from the ā€œanti footballā€ establishment.

I hate to be sexist but Iā€™m not surprised this article is coming from a woman. (Judy Rose)

I really hope she doesnā€™t come here. This is really just ranting. Nothing to prove the research that many on here have done. We are really a well informed group.

May as well get used to this. I think as the discussion moves forward towards a football analysis/debate, this will be a typical response from the "anti football" establishment.

Agreed. The finest point I ever learned about arguments and debate is the first person to resort to personal attacks already lost. Our best way forward is to have facts ready to refute every argument against football. Every time someone writes an editorial against football, be ready with one in favor. Thatā€™s how you swing public opinion, not by name calling.

All she has done is rehash many of the same things we have already heard. Not exactly stellar journalism there. She is speaking from one side of the arguement and obviously has done very little investigation of the topic at hand. I agree with some of the other posters that we are going to start to hear this more and more. The key thing is to address each concern, as we have in the past. Calling her stupid is not solving our problem. Proving her stupid by giving facts and information she left out is what will help us.

To respond to 49erCC though she does look like a FemaNazi.

I think NinerCentral hit the nail on the head with his rebuttal!!!
[FONT=Arial]:49ers: [/FONT]

Agreed. The finest point I ever learned about arguments and debate is the first person to resort to personal attacks already lost. Our best way forward is to have facts ready to refute every argument against football. Every time someone writes an editorial against football, be ready with one in favor. That's how you swing public opinion, not by name calling.

I totoally agree with Savio, but it just seems that althought football is getting good attention from media, I think aside from Fox Edge, there hasnt been anyone pro football. Its been either down the middle attention (which is always good) and negative stuff.

Someone needs to start a thread of all the arguements against football. It needs to be stickied and as arguements made against are made, we collectively post the rebuttal. And the creator of the thread adds the arguement and rebuttal to the origianl post. End product: we have a thread to reffer people against it to where they can easily look at the first post and see a list of arguements and cases against football and the rebuttals.

[QUOTE=metro;210159]I sent her an email:

Mary,
Iā€™ll try to be as courteous as possible on your opposition to UNCC football as I can. First I would ask you, are you an alum? If not, then you your opinion is moot. [/QUOTE]

So, if youā€™re not an alum, your opinion is moot? Iā€™ll have to tell Sorensen his opinion about football at UNCC is moot since heā€™s not an alum. Too bad he supports you. Now I canā€™t let him write anymore.

Someone needs to start a thread of all the arguements against football. It needs to be stickied and as arguements made against are made, we collectively post the rebuttal. And the creator of the thread adds the arguement and rebuttal to the origianl post. End product: we have a thread to reffer people against it to where they can easily look at the first post and see a list of arguements and cases against football and the rebuttals.

Good Idea.

All she has done is rehash many of the same things we have already heard. Not exactly stellar journalism there. She is speaking from one side of the arguement and obviously has done very little investigation of the topic at hand. I agree with some of the other posters that we are going to start to hear this more and more. The key thing is to address each concern, as we have in the past. Calling her stupid is not solving our problem. Proving her stupid by giving facts and information she left out is what will help us.

Quoted for truth.

Whatā€™s the email address to write a short opinion for the Observer Forum?
Iā€™ll write one. Will some others join in? We need responses. Good responses that address her positions, not attack the editorialist.

Now there is an idea that should stick. Perhaps make a sticky of the arguments against and the worked out rebuttles.

Then, have a thread for each argument so that the main thread doesnā€™t get bogged down.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;210182]So, if youā€™re not an alum, your opinion is moot? Iā€™ll have to tell Sorensen his opinion about football at UNCC is moot since heā€™s not an alum. Too bad he supports you. Now I canā€™t let him write anymore.[/QUOTE]

let me clarify.
you have to have 2 qualifications to comment on UNCC football to the public- with a bully pulpit like she did today:

Either be a A) sport industry professional (Tom) or B) an alumni.

If you are not A or B, then you really arenā€™t in the mix or connected in any sort. What qualifies her to comment on this as a media correspondent? She lives in Charlotte? She works for the O??

If Tom had written a piece like she did against football, he has every right. He at least has some credentials.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;210182]So, if youā€™re not an alum, your opinion is moot? Iā€™ll have to tell Sorensen his opinion about football at UNCC is moot since heā€™s not an alum. Too bad he supports you. Now I canā€™t let him write anymore.[/QUOTE]

That might be a good thing, I donā€™t agree with a lot of Sorensonā€™s columns, of course he does write a good one every once in a while.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;210186]Quoted for truth.

Whatā€™s the email address to write a short opinion for the Observer Forum?
Iā€™ll write one. Will some others join in? We need responses. Good responses that address her positions, not attack the editorialist.[/QUOTE]

Opinion@charlotteobserver.com