Next Head Coach (candidate discussion)

Wait…we’re going to hire a coach because his dad spent his summers in Charlotte 50 years ago?

Steve Spurrier, Jr.

#1 offense in the county. Kerwin Bell has won every where he has been! Well liked and can recruit the south! Knows how to build a program!

2 Likes

Never a D1 coach.

It’s just means more…

When have we had D1 recruits?

A quick check of the roster will tell you that North Carolina is well represented, maybe more so than any other P5 programs. I feel as if a lot of local HS coaches are getting their feelings hurt when they don’t have kids that need to play at the D1 Level.

He has really, really aged. I remember when he played for UF. Now he looks more like David Cutcliffe.

If he coaches like David Cutcliffe, I am more than happy to bring him onboard.

[quote]
A quick check of the roster will tell you that North Carolina is well represented, maybe more so than any other P5 programs. I feel as if a lot of local HS coaches are getting their feelings hurt when they don’t have kids that need to play at the D1 Level.[/quote]

Mallard Creek is loaded and in our backyard. They have plenty of talent that can play here.

From NC but how many from local powerhouses like Mallard Creek, Vance, Hough, Catholic, et al?? There is a TON of local D1 talent from these schools going to a variety of mid-lower level D1 schools in other states when they could certainly be helping us here.

We are IGNORING the closest recruiting market which also happens to be one of the most talented recruiting markets available. Mindblowing.

We get lots of nc guys that are fcs caliber with no fbs offers. Id rather have 0 nc guys if it meant we were getting guys pursued by other teams on our level. Nc and clt recruits mean nothing to me if they arent the caliber we need to be a winning program.

2 Likes

The guys they mentioned today were both high :star::star::star: recruits, including Jim Kelly’s nephew. Mallard Creek is loaded with FBS recruits every year. We should be recruiting these guys.

1 Like

I did not think the two guys from MC had any other offers even though they are listed as 3 stars? If that is the case, then there are probably other reasons they do not have any offers

1 Like

Mincey has multiple p5 offers.

I believe a lot of the North Carolina guys on the roster are walk-on.

A lot of talent in the Charlotte area and need recruiters who will work the area and develop relationships with the schools. Go after the talent in the area but don’t settle for non D1 talent. You don’t get the good looking chick if you don’t try!!

If we did add a few more local kids attendance may improve simply based on their friends and family would attend the games to see them play.

There is no defense for our poor recruiting locally. It has been discussed here and on twitter (by several different local HS coaches) numerous times.

It’s clear there is a disconnect and under performance.

3 Likes

Les Miles

Mor Miles?

2 Likes