Niners in the NFL / Pros

Just feel like whoever was in Duboseā€™s ear lead him a little astray. Yeah, he was drafted, but it is hard to make a roster as the 7th round pick. You get limited reps in camp and limited time to show out. I feel like another college year against some better talent with better coaching would have helped him elevate to maybe the 3rd round or higher. Pretty much guaranteed to make the roster in the 3rd round. Hope it works out for him, but I donā€™t think the 7th round was what he was thinking/told when he decided to go to the next level.

5 Likes

I think your right.

I wish him all the best. Seems like a great kid.

Surely heā€™s playing pro ball next year in CFL or XFL or USFL if he doesnā€™t make the roster.

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Shame too, because if he came back, with Poggiā€™s improved roster ā€¦

Whewā€¦the hype machine would burn through all its gears.

9 Likes

Grant will be just fine if he stays healthy and can learn the playbook. If he does, Green Bay got a draft steal. Austin Duke was good for us, but was nowhere near Grantā€™s measurables and ability. All he needs is a chance and thatā€™s what he got, with pay. Come training camp, they wonā€™t care what round he was drafted when he makes the plays we have seen made by Grant, routinely.

How about:
Shannon Sharpe
Donald Driver
Colston
Bo likes 7th round picks

4 Likes

I expected more of our guys to sign as undrafted free agents.

Be great if he did as well as another 86 in Packer Hall of Fame that was a Rookie of the Year.

1 Like
1 Like

Hopefully Love continues the tradition of strong QB play that Dowler had as well.

For Dubose its a good landing spot as the Packers will most likely carry 6 WR and at least two of them I would say are open competition. If he learns the play book and does the dirty work of run blocking then he makes the roster I say.

Thank you. Great point

I understand the history of 86, but why all the Packers fan saying he should be 0?

5 Likes

Wife talked with him at the spring game and he told her that was his likely destination. He preferred that over NFL camp so I am happy for him.

1 Like

Road trip

1 Like

clt says a poutine burrito is in your future

Calgary has the coolest logo in the CFL in my opinion. Hope Reynolds makes the team. Former Niner Branden Dozier played for Calgary in 2022.

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

5 Likes

Congratulations, spend your money wisely.

2 Likes

FTFY!