Niners in the NFL / Pros

None of the $3.9mm is guaranteed thought right?

No, but if he makes the roster, he will be doing just fine, which isn’t terrible for a 7th rounder.

He will get paid pretty well if he makes it.

I wonder how it is distributed. I am pretty sure he gets the $77k up front, but only gets game checks thereafter. If he gets a practice squad roster spot, it’s probably null.

I believe Grant will show up at training camp and make the team based on his preseason performances. If not, I believe he would get claimed off waivers, but who knows. If Grant has a weakness, the NFL will expose it fast. I am surprised he wasn’t taken by end of the 5th.

I have no idea if that’s good money for a 7th round pick but it seems decent to me. He should net out around 250K a year.

If he succeeds under that contract he will cash in big time in year 5.

Save your money Grant! Live beneath your means until your next contract so you have a little nest egg!

NFL pretty much has a set amount for each and every pick in the draft so it wasn’t going be really any less or more than that.

According to overthecap.com this is where the 7th round started and ended:
“Finally, seventh-round picks secure a salary ranging from $638,424 to $628,873. The first seventh-round pick is paid a $638,424 salary and a four-year, $3.4 million contract. The final pick of the NFL draft is often referred to as Mr. Irrelevant but the player still receives a $628,873 salary as part of a four-year, $3.37 million contract.

This is the contract details as they would be paid/cap hit to the Packers. The salary cap is really a joke though as its easily manipulated by teams:

2 Likes

These are the best kinds of posts.

Thanks for the solid #s @winsel1081

2 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you. I think the bonus is just prorated for cap purposes, right? That would make sense to me. Then again, some of this stuff makes more sense for owners than players.

I believe that is correct, it’s why teams will redo contracts and turn them into bonus instead of salary. That allows them to be spread over years even though it’s paid out immediately.

Without seeing the contract I would suspect he will receive money for the minicamps and training camp from that salary along with if he makes the roster he would then get the game checks.

Not optimal.

1 Like

That makes no sense at all. I hope there is a good reason.

Has to be some kind of injury or personal reason. Unless Panthers are trading for him

Great way to make a 1st impression…
…as a 7th round pick.

1 Like

Next week is finals week. He might be finishing things up academically, which is wise. I know in the current environment education is kinda a joke but if he’s sticking around for that mad respect to him.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/KassidyGHill/status/1654919090580905985?s=20

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Chris gets to play with Ricky Gervais!

1 Like

Reply of the week!!!