ODU @ Charlotte 2/10 6PM; Charlotte @ ODU 2/13 4PM - both ESPN+

Agree

Don’t shoot the messenger. That’s what he said. I was scratching my head trying to remember if maybe OT was 10 minutes instead of 5.

What I will say is that they were in double bonus for an awfully long time

Refs were atrocious, no idea how ODU could play such physical D on us, and end up with half as many fouls. It was like a really tough road game. That heavier ref who gave Shepherd the technical seemed to have it out for us for much of the game, he made several questionable calls on both ends, all against us.

Still, Niners had multiple opportunities to step up and win it, and didn’t do it. I wonder what the record is for most overtime games in a season. We may end up getting it by year’s end. Not much else to say here, we’ve seen this play out enough times already this season.

I didn’t listen to postgame. Maybe he said that it SEEMED like ODU was in the double bonus for 45 minutes?

Good news is no one can call us a .500 team anymore

ODU shot 61.7% from the field. Thats a recurring theme…Yep, Sanchez is a defensive genius.

1 Like

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

clt says we are building the pillars

1 Like

Agreed and still don’t think we have enough talent to justify him coming off the bench. Just because he had a few down games as a starter/good games coming off the bench, it just doesn’t make sense at all.

Is it 2026 yet?

1 Like

You all deserve participation trophies for following this garbage basketball program.

2 Likes

Its taken about 15 years but apathy has finally set in for me. I can’t even waste energy being upset. The Nature Boy once said boo me or cheer me at least you care.

Just tired of being angry and tired of losing.

I was in that place a few years ago, when Judy and Price were guiding our program. Even dropped my season tickets. Hill and Sanchez got me back on board and I bought season tickets again. This season has been very painful to watch, and I still get pissed watching. I definitely don’t care as much as I used to, probably never will get back there.

Apathy 2.0 has not set in yet, but I don’t know if I can handle starting over again.

2 Likes

I had no emotion watching the game last night in the 2nd half and OT. None. Zero. I knew we were going to blow it. It’s a crappy feeling knowing we are going to blow the game. But I knew it. I’m with you NWA. I just don’t care anymore. It’s beginning to get that way program wide, not just for basketball. I am apathetic for everything - basketball, football, baseball, branding, merchandising, everything.

1 Like

I wa feeling the same way watching that game…just didn’t really care…and from the look on some of rhe players faces after the game, they weren’t all that upset or surprised either !
But we all know the Niners motto…“Next Year”!

But this baseball and softball look like they both can be special !

From Sanchez post game:

“Difference between being a really good team and winning a few of the games we’ve lost has been positioning and vision off the ball. Losing really is that narrow.”

If that is going to win or lose us games, we are never going to be in perfect position every time. If this guy stays our coach we will always be losing stupid games if this is his philosophy.

I heard nothing about cold shooting or offensive flow being out of whack in the second half. Our offense didn’t play defense hard enough in the second half and OT is basically what he means.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1360237299225808897

Although ODU favored by 3 1/2 at home, SCP likes us to win:

Well it is hard to beat a well coached team twice in a row.