Official Stadium Construction Thread 🏟

Frost and Heupel were great coordinators…….O’leery & Malzahn were very highly regarded experienced HCs.

Maybe they just need to be reminded this is something they are supposed to be looking into:

https://twitter.com/49RFootballNow/status/1660677332691034112

Im gonna guess they have kinder financing rules than we do and/or (likely and) more cash on hand.

The being able to break ground without having to have the entire thing financed is a HUGE advantage.

We also have no idea how long they have been working on this in private.

Someone should come out and say that and where that is in the rules. Tired of them using an excuse that may or may not exist to justify not keeping their supporters properly informed on progress.

Fuller told me that in public.

That’s great, but where is that in the by-laws of the University or the System? When was that stated to a member of the media or on camera? I know you know these people and have no reason to doubt them but if your boss says blow smoke up a client’s ass you do it.

Tired of excuses. Tired of vague comments. Tired of Mom&Pop AD. I thought Hill was going to fix that but apparently not.

1 Like

Hill changed as soon as he learned there is no accountability here like there is at Florida. As soon as he realized he can just blend silently into the crowd with virtually no consequences, that’s what he did.

When your few big donors are mom and pop personalities themselves, you don’t have anyone breathing down your neck making demands.

Like Ron, everyone making decisions is just happy to be here.

Come hang out at a tailgate and ask them.

It isnt a UNC system thing - it is a Charlotte thing and it isn’t just for atheltics it is for everything we build. Maybe they aren’t talking about it because they don’t want to change it. Maybe the Chancellor doesn’t want to change. I don’t know. Maybe Miss Bonnie made sure that it was a part of how we operate to keep us out of financial issues - which is what happened at App and ECU with building projects.

USF also can use university funding for athletics where the UNC doesn’t allow that for any schools.

I consider student fees to be university funding personally. Students aren’t given the choice, they have to pay them to attend, so the university is using funds they require to subsidize athletics.

1 Like

This is something that should be publicly available on the university website for the whole world to see, because it affects almost everything the university does. No one should have to ask for the “secret code” in small groups to know of how the University is either hamstringing itself or the System doing it to us.

But back to the main topic, we are looking slower and more anemic than ever when USF, no matter how long they planned and fund-raised in secret, or how much funds they can divert, seem to be running rings around us.

That is correct - but those fees have to be approved by the BoG and the legislature and those fees have to be very specific in their use and are differentiated by operating and capital projects and if we miss payments we aren’t allowed to simply increase tuition to pull in more revenue - that is why ECU had to take funds from the physicians to stay solvent.

clt says we should get state funding like ncsu and UNC CHeat. that would speed things up

we can host the high school championships, so we need state funding now.

2 Likes

Again - if you are pissed show up and ask them.

1 Like

Long time till September 2. Maybe they could be bothered to put out a 1 page update with some real dates and numbers in the meanwhile? Is that asking too much? Will our big multi-million “whale” pull their money out if Hill sets a vague public goal on construction?

USF said here’s the costs, here’s the timeline. They have goals! They have people who can now hold them to those goals. They would now have to defend not meeting those goals.

I get why our AD doesn’t want to set goals, I just view it as a way to drag feet indefinitely. If we weren’t already in year 5 of this feet-dragging I might be more patient.

Yes, it is.

^^^Clearly^^^

If you can’t even say “we are more than halfway towards our funding goal” or "we hope to start construction in 2024 or early 25 then that implies something is rotten.

It’s year 5 of this drama and it looks like we’re going to double digit years.

1 Like

Inflation and interest rates are astronomical . They have terrible timing. Blame no football on 911. Blame A10 on no football. Built a high school sized stadium when they could have went bigger way cheaper than what we are about to spend. Blame Covid. It’s just bad decisions and planning historically

We are the kings of excuses, no doubt about that

1 Like

homer simpson gil gunderson GIF

Real footage of Mike Hill fundraising

clt says we are likely determining which option for the expansion and consulting with the gc now.