Presbyterian Pre Game Thread

Anyone have a link like previous years of which cities are picking up the game and what channel it’s on? Was able to watch a game at the beach last year and hoping to be able to do the same for this game

You can plug in you zip code and see which channel it is on here:

http://americansportsnet.com/schedule/

[quote=“N1NER, post:36, topic:29800”][quote=“Nugget, post:27, topic:29800”][quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:29800”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:22, topic:29800”]Shouldn’t this be the Novant Health Pre-Game Thread. :))

And apparently I mistook last year’s Elon loss for a loss to Presby. Hey, they’re both religious schools.[/quote]

Ha! Elon. You older guys may remember when their nickname was the Fighting Christians. :))[/quote]

I guess that makes me an older guy! I had season tickets to their football games when I was in high school, and the students liked to cheer “Give 'em hell Christians!”.[/quote]

Nugget, are you from Alamance Co?[/quote]

I went to high school there.

I remember Elon changed to Phoenix because people complained that Christians shouldn’t fight. I wonder when Valpo, Belmont Abbey, & Holy Cross will drop the Crusader name. I know that doesn’t go over well. :))

I know we are off topic, and you are not being really serious, but when I was in high school Elon was very much a safety school. It seemed like every dad in Virginia that started as a plumber and grew his business into a successful plumbing contractor company sent his kids to Elon because academically they were not stringent, but it had that “my kid is in a private college” cache. Then Elon changed dramatically. They somehow managed to almost double enrollment and improve academically at the same time. That is quite a trick. It really is a good school now, and most of my HS friends that went there could never get in today. Of course, neither could I. I think they changed to the Phoenix because they separated themselves from the United Church of Christ. I hope we will keep them in our rotation for early season basketball OOC games with NC schools.

Weekly press conference:

Nugget, they changed to Phoenix because Jewish parents complained about sending their kids to Fightin’ Christians. There was a story in the Disturber years ago.

In Sheila Bravlovsky voice:

“I don’t know Boob-be about you going to a school called ‘The Fighting Christians’. Can they change their name to ‘The Inclusive Christians’?”

Really? I cannot imagine 1) a school admitting to that, or 2) the Observer writing a story. :smiley:

weather for Saturday looking more dicey than ever. T-storms, etc.

clt says if only our beat writer fancied himself brad p.

The wife and I have 49er ponchos. Worked great at JMU in '13.

Forget ponchos go to Walmart and buy the Coleman rain suits. I walked outta JMU dry except for my socks. They even have green ones.

Are they lightning repellent too? I see a game delay/evac looming. It happened at several games this past weekend.

clt’s early Intel is saying the rain will be an annoyance on the ride home. Good for the grass at the rich.

I would think the rain was bad for the “grass” at the Rich. ::slight_smile:

I would think the rain was bad for the “grass” at the Rich. ::)[/quote]

clt says rain helps grass grow.

I would think the rain was bad for the “grass” at the Rich. ::)[/quote]

clt says rain helps grass grow.[/quote] Makes it difficult to smoke.

[font=Verdana][size=2]Inside Blue Hose Football - Episode 1 (Miami (OH) review / Charlotte preview)[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89737&SPID=10734&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210329923&DB_OEM_ID=18100[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]

TV listing: