Ron Sanchez - New Head Coach of the Charlotte 49ers

Faith can help with kids and with their families. All of them? No, but for some it is very important.

3 Likes

It would impress my mom to be honest. She’s about as devout as you get and she would like a coach like that

TP49er, great point. This summarizes the primary reason for our lack of success.

Too many leaders at Charlotte with a sense of complacency. This is unacceptable at Chapel Hill. Complacency is encouraged at Charlotte. Many, especially in the triangle, want Charlotte to remain in the lower level swim lane.

Time for us to rally, not give up. We have to demand that we strive to achieve our potenial. Complaceny kills!

If you look back at all of the old post everyone,myself included thought that this was a great hire on paper, Virginia was the most dominant regular season team the past 3-4 years previously, and to land the top assistant on the most dominant team is a great hire, the credentials just haven’t translated to our program, and most of us feel that we should have made the change this year instead of giving Sanchez another year of mediocrity, and that will be a stain on Hills resume, but Sanchez was a solid hire on paper and that is why I still have faith in Hill as an AD

1 Like

We are more aligned than you may imagine. I’m just too vested in this university and program too much to give up. I know for an absolute fact that “the triangle” wants us to play our role and not threaten the flagship. I have motivation to see us succeed. GIving up plays in the hands of those against us. POTENTIAL has no value until it is harvested. The only thing worse than not harvesting potential is not having any at all.

As Coach Valvano said, “never give up, don’t ever give up!”

I do. And many others. Google the interview with Scott Drew on Fox News and I believe you will be inspired and, perhaps, change your mind.

Well said. Im with you.

I know many do and im sure it helps in recruiting. I was more venting bc i think its silly.

Can you elaborate? Interested in your perspective.

Oh silly me.

Mike Brey spoke on matters of faith this week as well:

I was more just blowing off steam bc i think faith is a ridiculous thing and i dont understand why its a good thing but if it gets good recruits in the door, use it.

2 Likes

You think faith is a ridiculous thing ???

Thats sad…

Why is it sad to not believe in something which cant be proven? Also, sorry to get off topic.

2 Likes

We may want to side-bar this into a new topic. While I personally have faith (that I struggle with like anyone) I think it’s perfectly logical to think it’s ridiculous. There are lots and lots of different religions out there, and logically, only one of them can be correct (and atheism is one of the options). I can see how someone who doesn’t believe in a god would find the idea ridiculous.

Sure…and for me,thats sad.

3 Likes

Yeah believing in something that can’t be proven belongs in the Athletics Master Plan thread

6 Likes

Winner of this thread.