Ron Sanchez - New Head Coach of the Charlotte 49ers

Not excited about this guyā€¦Hopefully, he will surprise me!

Who would have excited you?

**** or bust

He has a ton of connections to guys that may be just below UVAs radar.

I just hope he doesnā€™t schedule UMBC

2 Likes

I understand the concern about not hiring an experienced HC but the way I see it, if Hill doesnā€™t believe this is the right guy heā€™s invalidated his entire tenure by going against all the great things he said at his introductory press conference. Sanchez needs to put together a good staff, one that can recruit locally and most importantly, play basketball.

Moved

1 Like

I like the hire. I was hoping for a head coach, but as far as assistants go, this is a great get. Iā€™m excited to see how the staff comes together.

1 Like

Who did you people that arenā€™t happy with this hire expect to get?

I think it is mostly people that wanted us to hire someone that is already a head coach.

I also wanted a head coach but this is the best assistant that we could get so Iā€™m all in. Iā€™m very hopeful that he can improve our recruiting. Thatā€™s our biggest failing since moving to CUSA. We have to recruit as well as the top teams in CUSA. That is the absolute key. Maybe we can get a pipeline going from the DR and other Caribbean countries
with his connections.

We are hiring the top assistant off the #1 team in the country. This is after hiring an end of the bench assistant and a NBA ahooting coach with our previous two hires.

Itā€™s a new dawn, a new day, and Iā€™m feeling good.

Iā€™m dreaming of no transfers of key players, the recruiting class sticks and we get a grad transfer that solidifies the front line and with better coaching we are vastly improved next year.

I donā€™t think itā€™s out of bounds to expect a vast improvement. Iā€™m looking for an amazing turn around.

JD and AW need to stick with this guy. He has proven he knows how to help prepare a player to be a professional.

Since John Wooden and Red Aurebach are not available, Iā€™ll settle for our new coach. If he can bring a culture of fierce defense, Iā€™ll even settle for a slow paced game.

No problem with slow paced game here. I want wins. Thatā€™s it.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/Board/16/Contents/Ron-Sanchez-News-116453140

https://virginia.forums.rivals.com/threads/updated-ron-sanchez-is-the-new-hc-at-unc-charlotte.20655/

Hill hired a guy with no NCAA Tournaments to replace a guy with two national titles at Florida. Heā€™s not afraid to dig a little deeper to find the guy he believes in.

Beyond a revolving door for P5 coaches would be the result of having Charlotte where we need to be. We donā€™t want Sanchez to be the one guy that moves on and than we toyle in disfunctuon for a decade. If you look at the crop of candidates with HC experience (Grant, Forbes, Odom,ā€¦ Miller) none had sustained that success through a 4-year recruiting cycle. But you look at what has happened at Virginia the last decade, when they were a lower tier program, and now the conference runs through them. Sanchez was with Bennett the whole way it would be impossible for him not to be a contributing architect. Out of all the possible candidates Sanchez is by far the only candidate to score 10/10 on leaving a program with sustainable momentum should he be hired away (fingers crossed).

Now the fun begins. Letā€™s kick some ass, Coach Sanchez!

2 Likes

Pip is back!