The 90's Music Thread 🎸

This was a gut check for me and my kids. My son went into drums / percussion because of Taylor. This is the first musical loss they have encountered in their lives which reminds me of the effects I had when I first heard SRV had died in the helicopter crash. Just hit different eventhough had experienced Elvis, Skynard crash, and many others.

RIP Taylor. Hell of a musician and underrated technical drummer that was the rare drummer that could be the center of attention during a show instead of lead guitar or front man singer. IMO he held that attention like Peart, Bonham, Copeland and Moon.

1 Like

Some pre-FF footage of Hawkins as a member of Alanis Morissette’s touring band:

Hawkins performing with Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush during the midst of a Foo show in Toronto:

And a non-musical cameo w/ Dave Grohl in an SNL Digital Short:

1 Like

Unlike the Rolling Stones and ZZ Top, FF going on hiatus:

https://twitter.com/taylorhawkins/status/1534522921963507712

1 Like

Wasn’t aware of the “metal” side of Muse:

It’s time again to rock the vote

Let’s get off this,
And get on with it,
if you wanna change the world
shut yer mouth and start to spin it
Get off this
Get on with it
If you wanna change the world
shut your mouth and start this minute

All these cats with holey jeans,
Dirty hair and titty rings
say “what’s your scene man? We got these questions…
Is it true that you have sold your soul?”
I say “hey man, I don’t know
Lend me a quarter won’t you?
I’ll call my accountant.”

1 Like

Feeling nostalgic…again :wink: :guitar:

1 Like
1 Like

Pro Wrestling Crying GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Some good songs on that list, but can’t put much credit in a list that puts a Mariah Carey song at #1 and has 3 on the list.

Yeah the ranking order is kind of nuts. That Mariah Carey song is a straight up ripoff of Tom Tom Club…no way is that #1. It wasn’t even all that popular (it was well known but not the defining song of the decade).

I was glad to see a bunch of my favorite artists on that list, including several songs from Elliott Smith. I remain thoroughly convinced that he is the best songwriter of his generation (Gen X). I mean that. No one else is even a close 2nd. He wrote hundreds of songs, and died with an unreleased catalog that was even bigger and just as high quality as his formidable released catalog. And they’re all good. All of them. Even the ones he hated. He was an amazing, unique and special talent.

Oh, and I like the Tom Tom Club song a lot more than Mariah’s song.

1 Like