The EV news thread šŸ”Œ

Ouch

I like my independence too.

I want to commute to work on transit, be able to go socialize and play via transit when possible.

But I also want at least one vehicle in my garage so I can just go.

I doubt we will ever seen fusion be viable. Sure we have made some advancements but it is still far far away from being a solution. It definitely will not happen in our lifetimes.

Great, I hope all that works as Iā€™m pro nuclear, but I see a lot of coulds in that article. If coulds turned into reality, weā€™d have some amazing battery technology on the market, but most of it turns out to never develop beyond theoretical or laboratory stage.

I have an M car and a G37s as well as in old English roadster and a collection of motorcycles- the world can go on with its EV and mass transit plans. Iā€™m good :blush:

I was joking, fusion for my grandkids will be exciting though!

1 Like

k-pop hyeri GIF

clt says invest in car washes

Doug says there will be a version of this truck with 20,000 lb towing capacity. :eyes:

1 Like

Think itā€™s less about ā€œwantā€ and more about whatā€™s accepted as normal. Because most people also want the other advantages of driving EVs at the same time. If more and more people around them are getting those advantages, i think the behavior will change before the tech ā€œsolvesā€ the issues you bring up. It will just be accepted that you might stop longer trips for 20 minutes more than we do now, use your other car for a long trip, and/or plan the trips a little differently (wasnā€™t that long ago we went to AAA to pick up road maps before a long driveā€¦).

1 Like

clt says Doug is a better writer than host

I bet this will catch fire.

We donā€™t need this negativity here NWA. $180 per day is a small price to pay if itā€™s saves the human race from global warming

Thereā€™s lot of reasons to buy an EV, saving the human race from global warming is not near the top of the list of reasons why IMO.

Iā€™d guess that the vast majority of ev owners did not buy their cars because they thought they were saving the earth. For most, itā€™s a status symbol, much like buying a luxury car.

Not having to change oil to me is the absolute # 1 reason to buy an EV. Charging at home is the second.

I love changing the oil in my cars, but so many people donā€™t do it on schedule and shorten the lives of vehicles.

1 Like

Almost zero maintenance, charging at work, charging at home, and drop dead cheap off lease commuter were my reasons :grin:

1 Like

I drive my Taco because I want us all to combust from global warming temperature increases or drown in related ice melt. Thatā€™s one reason I tow a boat; to have a 50-50 survival shot at my war to destroy the planet

You must be a joy to live with and have beers at the local place. Kudos

I care about the Erf. Itā€™s the people that gots to go says Planet Erf. Too much CO2 and Methane coming from people of Erf. And all those cows, they gots to go too