The EV news thread 🔌

Saw that. Highly shady.

China and Russia can go to hell

1 Like

clt says once you control the lithium, you control the world.

Fate of America’s largest lithium mine is in a federal judge’s hands : NPR

Ugh, meanwhile China is buying up all of Africa and probably South America as well.

We are going to trade being stuck with Mid East Oil for Communist minerals.

Have to get to silica based batteries.

Too bad it wasn’t Albemarle Corp.

If they’re autonomous they should not need any modifications to the roads, lights or anything else.

Autonomous cars are a pipe dream and it’s not gonna happen.

I think they will happen at some point. With AI progressing at the rate it is. As a motorcycle rider I’d rather have AI driver than half the people on the road.

2 Likes

We will have full AI before we have an AI driving a car. The AI once it gains full consciousness will then have to learn to drive.

That probably sounds like I’m trying to be funny. I’m not.

No software is going to be able to handle full driving duties.

Only a human brain has the dexterity to handle all the various situations encountered in driving.

So a human equivalent AI will have to be developed.

And then the lawyers get involved once a truly viable autonomous solution is found.

This is not just a tech problem. This is a legal problem and political problem that has yet to be fought because so far autonomous driving is vapor.

If people don’t want to drive their own cars, then they should get an Uber or Lyft. More dumbing down of society

I agree with all of that, but at the rate that technology is improving i just don’t think it’s as far off as you do.

1 Like