The New Football Coach is...NOT Mike Houston...Now Who?

Since it now appears Mike Houston is no longer a viable candidate, who’s the next possibility?

clt wants Gattis

John Kasich has thrown his name in the hat

I’m pissed off and worn out already. Just wake me when it’s announced.

1 Like

I think we know at this point that Mike Hill was trying to do this all behind the scenes, but obviously it got out. I am sure he will lock things down even tighter going forward, and we probably won’t hear until it’s done.

1 Like

Assuming he doesn’t get a better offer I want Elliott from Clemson. We need a recruiter first and foremost. One that can make a three star with a P5 offer think twice about sitting for 2+ years. We need a guy that can go into any house in the region and sell us over other G5’s. As long as we hire competent coordinators, the game day X’s and O’s will take care of themselves. College is all about 'cruit’n.

3 Likes

clt says ecu fans are ready to fire houston. did we dodge a bullet?

• yes, we are on the right path now
  • club lit was fun
  • should have hired amato with lutz as oc
0 voters

I always thought him picking going to ecu over charlotte would be the worst career decision he could have ever made. he would have been able to recruit way better here than he could have at ecu. and with cusa the way to was at the time he could have won way more games and gotten a P5 job down he road since he’s such a job jumper. with the way his seasons going he’s going to get canned at the end of the season so my prediction was right. maybe when he’s finally canned biff will throw him a bone and give him a coaching staff job as a strength trainer or something.

1 Like

It still looks to me like EZU will destroy us this season

Georgia state is the only team that has “destroyed” us. I’m not sure if we beat ECU but I don’t see them destroying us at this point.

ECU has major offense problems and does not have that one quarterback that works…. Sounds familiar. Their run defense is decent but as their season progresses with no momentum it could be an issue for a 5th year coach. Head to head with Niners will be entertaining but no blowout.

There’s speculation that our old coach for a minute, Shane Montgomery, takes over OC duties this week for the Pirates.

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

46 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2023 49er Football Season :football:

I would not bet on it. I hope I am wrong.

You usually are.

That was a great Tee shot

Id be very surprised. Ecu has possibly a worse oline than us. Thats a game i expect to win.

Montgomery did a pretty decent job with what he had to work with here. If he’s on their staff they would be crazy not to give him a shot.

If they make that change I hope it’s the week before that game. The first week a new OC is calling plays can be tough on the D.

NA is too focused on censoring me to notice your good point.