The official movies I did not see in a theater thread

I also watched Dredd recently, loved that you never see his face. Lots of cool violence, and nothing like the abomination that Stallone did.

Liam Nelson is getting $20 million, that’s why he’s making Taken 3. However, seems like she gets taken a third time, well, that’s just bad parenting.[/quote]

We need a poll. Which is a worse idea, Taken 3 or The Expendables 4? Seriously though, as long as people go to see it they’ll keep making them.[/quote]

Taken 3 easily. Expendables series is exactly what it should be - a fun trip down memory lane of over the top 80s action.[/quote]

Oh no! They’re going to keep making them. :)) I get your point and agree to a certain extent. I watched the first one. But Stallone is just so unbelievable as a tough guy anymore, I don’t get the demand for making a sequel(or three).

clt endorses project alf.

Seven Psychopaths was pretty good

Oblivion with Tom Cruise was surprisingly not terrible although i’m still not completely sure i really understand the entire plot

Frozen. Not the Disney movie. Watched it on TV one day.

It’s about three young adults trapped on a ski lift. There’s some bone breakage involved. Also a dude gets eaten alive by wolves.

Only about 3 minutes actually worth watching. Don’t watch the rest.

The Eagle. Something about Channing Tatum is a Roman going into Brittannia with a slave boy to find the Eagle from his father’s legion.

It’s terrible. Don’t watch it.

Watched Brokedown Palace at the beach. I am still not sure if I liked it.

Oblivion was underrated. Loved the score/soundtrack. Concept was great. Only flaw was the sometimes SyFy level production (e.g. resistance base, Jaime Lannister in post apoc gear with a gun). Loved the rest of it. Some cynical types will say that it borrowered too much of its premise from Moon (Sam Rockwell). I have no idea - both good flicks though.

The Eagle was solid. Kind of a pointless movie, but well enough made that it was likeable. There was another similar movie that came out about the same time (Centurion) - you know how Hollywood likes to do that. It was probably the better of the two, though I kind of have a thing for Imogen Poots, scrawny or not.

[quote=“J Felt, post:46, topic:28564”]Frozen. Not the Disney movie. Watched it on TV one day.

It’s about three young adults trapped on a ski lift. There’s some bone breakage involved. Also a dude gets eaten alive by wolves.

Only about 3 minutes actually worth watching. Don’t watch the rest.[/quote]

I agree, this movie was awful. I kept thinking when the guy was climbing to the other ski chair, wrap your legs around the cable and shimmy over, less taxing on the arms.

[quote=“CPA_Niner, post:49, topic:28564”][quote=“J Felt, post:46, topic:28564”]Frozen. Not the Disney movie. Watched it on TV one day.

I agree, this movie was awful. I kept thinking when the guy was climbing to the other ski chair, wrap your legs around the cable and shimmy over, less taxing on the arms.[/quote]
Or, as my wife suggested, use a ski, sling it over the wire and zipline down.

[quote=“J Felt, post:50, topic:28564”][quote=“CPA_Niner, post:49, topic:28564”][quote=“J Felt, post:46, topic:28564”]Frozen. Not the Disney movie. Watched it on TV one day.

I agree, this movie was awful. I kept thinking when the guy was climbing to the other ski chair, wrap your legs around the cable and shimmy over, less taxing on the arms.[/quote]
Or, as my wife suggested, use a ski, sling it over the wire and zipline down.[/quote]

That works fine until you get to a lift tower. I doubt the ski makes it through the lift tower’s pulley system (used to keep the cable suspended and in line with the next lift tower). You could find yourself dangling in mid-air… sort of like our basketball program.

Ok, carry on.

All you gotta do is make it to one tower and climb down. And you’ve got your skis with you, so you can ski down the mountain!

I couldn’t believe the guy jumped from the chair wearing ski boots, that was a recipe for disaster and where was the ski patrol? I believe they are notified of the last chair and they sweep the mountain for any stragglers. I have heard of moose and deer and ski resorts but I have never seen wolves! You would think there would be some sort of warning from the resort they are in the area.

Watched Red Dawn… What a truly awful reboot. The only thing worse will be the remake of Road House

[quote=“s9er, post:54, topic:28564”]Watched Red Dawn… What a truly awful reboot. The only thing worse will be the remake of Road House[/quote]Wasn’t believable to have North Korea invade either. Of course the movie originally had China as the invader.

This was pretty good timing.

I keep seeing this on netflix and have it reserved for a day where I’m on the edge of killing myself. Pretty sure if I watch this it’ll push me over the edge.

(This is all hypothetical)

The original was epic. I knew this remake would suck from the moment I heard they were doing it.

I keep seeing this on netflix and have it reserved for a day where I’m on the edge of killing myself. Pretty sure if I watch this it’ll push me over the edge.

(This is all hypothetical)[/quote]I watched it. I’ve seen worse.

Man of Steel was actually pretty good. I have no interest in Superman and think in general its a pretty boring character/story but I thought this one was enjoyable.

The part where lois is falling to the ground while everything else was getting sucked up into that black hole was good for a few lols though