The official movies I did not see in a theater thread

[quote=“casstommy, post:60, topic:28564”]Man of Steel was actually pretty good. I have no interest in Superman and think in general its a pretty boring character/story but I thought this one was enjoyable.

The part where lois is falling to the ground while everything else was getting sucked up into that black hole was good for a few lols though[/quote]

Yea people hate on that movie for whatever reason but I thought it was a pretty good movie. It tried to humanize him a bit by showing the enormous weight of being who he is and how it is on him.

My brother had a complaint that he didn’t like when they fought at the end how fast they were shooting around. I mean, they are super heros going super fast, what do you want?

I keep seeing this on netflix and have it reserved for a day where I’m on the edge of killing myself. Pretty sure if I watch this it’ll push me over the edge.

(This is all hypothetical)[/quote]I watched it. I’ve seen worse.[/quote]

As a stand alone movie it wasn’t bad… But when comparing to the 1st issue, it sucked.

The Counselor was awful. Just awful. Excellent cast and absolutely no character or story development at all.

Didn’t get much out of Pacific Rim myself…seems like it would have been a good theater popcorn flick but wasn’t my thing.

Watched a movie called Win Win, stars Paul Giamatti. I would give it 3 out of 4 stars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Win_Win_(film)

[quote=“Jimmyhat49er, post:64, topic:28564”]Watched a movie called Win Win, stars Paul Giamatti. I would give it 3 out of 4 stars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Win_Win_(film)[/quote]

Win Win is a fantastic movie, IMHO. Giamatti is the name, and he does a typically good job, but that kid is fantastic. Nailed the part.

Dunno if Fox Searchlight is technically an Indie shop, but these are the types of movies I usually seek out. They have meat on their bones. Very solid flick.

I took my wife to see Enough Said at Park Terrace months ago (last fall), but it’s been on HBO and is now at Redbox & netflix. Another indie movie flick, and the last movie James Gandolfini ever made. It’s a date movie for the older set, but if you can set your man card aside for a sec, it’s a really solid movie. Made me kinda sad to know he died shortly after filming it.

Here’s a preview (long one - kinda gives away a bunch of the movie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEEJaIjF_Lo

I keep trying to watch it. That cast. Cormac McCarthy. How in the world did this happen? It should have been amazing!

I watched “Dale and Tucker vs. Evil”. Gave me a number of laughs, basically spoofs the Deliverance horror movie prototype. Also, was only about an hour and a half.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:67, topic:28564”]I watched “Dale and Tucker vs. Evil”. Gave me a number of laughs, basically spoofs the Deliverance horror movie prototype. Also, was only about an hour and a half.[/quote]I give this movie two thumbs up. Ending was a little blah, but still an entertaining movie.

I definitely wanna see that one. Sounds awesome.

Tucker and Dale was pretty good.

The Cabin In The Woods

Has this been mentioned yet? Really under appreciated film.

[quote=“J Felt, post:71, topic:28564”]The Cabin In The Woods

Has this been mentioned yet? Really under appreciated film.[/quote]

Grown Ups 2 is possibly one of the 10 worst films ever made. A deer pisses on multiple people a few minutes into this movie. No amount of Salma Hayek cleavage can save a movie from that.

[quote=“casstommy, post:72, topic:28564”][quote=“J Felt, post:71, topic:28564”]The Cabin In The Woods

Grown Ups 2 is possibly one of the 10 worst films ever made. A deer pisses on multiple people a few minutes into this movie. No amount of Salma Hayek cleavage can save a movie from that.[/quote]
It is what it is. I remember laughing a few times during the movie. I didn’t expect much more than looking at Hayek’s breast and few laughs.

I didn’t see Gravity in the theater for whatever reason. I regret it. Amazing movie.

Yeah, rented that over the weekend, seeing it in the theater would have been great. Awesome visuals.

I watched Short Term 12 this weekend. Really well done and probably the most realistic movie I have ever watched. Fantastic acting, feels like your watching a documentary and not a movie.

It really paints a great picture of how poorly we deal with mental illness in this country. 3.5 out of 4 stars. Available on Netflix on demand.

Finally saw Lone Survivor… Good flick, the battle scenes were eye opening. They did take some real creative license versus what happened in the book. Good movie, but I’d recommend the book more.

[quote=“J Felt, post:71, topic:28564”]The Cabin In The Woods

Watched this earlier this week. Good flick and not very long.

Watched The Purge yesterday. It was complete garbage. A fairly interesting premise for a movie completely destroyed by a garbage plot that just turned it into another cliche’ home invasion movie

Watched this last night and i agree. It seemed like a pretty cool albeit totally unbelievable premise that just ended up turning into your standard panic room type of movie. There is literally about 15 -20 minute stretch in the middle of the movie of people just wandering a large house with flashlights.