The scales have tipped

substantiate, I've never called for Lutz head douchebag

You’ve never used the words probably, but blasting off at the mouth after every loss about being the same old Lutz and if he is he needs to go banter gives off that vibe loud and clear. I seriously don’t care if you are for him or not, I know you want what’s best for the program, but to criticize others on here about drinking the green kool-aid and then after one game chugging a big swig yourself is just something I found amusing, so you can calm down and cool it with the name calling. Act like a grown up for once.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;283103]I’ve now come down firmly on the side of giving him an extension. Some of it has to do with performance on the court this year, but that’s not the biggest reason…

I went to Lutz Live last night for the first time since my college days when it was at O’Charleys. I got there early, and was surprised to see Lutz come up and shake my hand, ask how I was doing, etc. He then made it around to talk to every student that showed up. It made me realize how much he cares about the university and the student body. I already knew this, but in the context of his contract and complaints over his performance I thought about those things in an entirely different light. I don’t think that enthusiasm for the community could be replaced by anyone else.

Is he a good coach? Yes. Is he a great coach? He has his moments. Am I gonna get pissed at stuff he does in games sometimes? You know it, and I’m willing to accept that. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like the man and hope he gets to stay to see this amazing team he’s starting to develop take shape. I know that being a good guy doesn’t always equate to being a good coach, and coaches have been kept around at our school before because they were good people. But we’re not talking about Hal Wissel here; Lutz is a decent coach that I think we can live with on and off the court.[/QUOTE]

Great Post!

[QUOTE=metro;282939]Lefty did after one game. I said the we had to turn the corner.
http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17936&page=2
The price will only go up.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I could tell after one game. It only took you 14. Of course, you’ve only seen maybe 2 or 3.

Yep, I could tell after one game. It only took you 14. Of course, you've only seen maybe 2 or 3.

yeah…one game and you “knew”:lmao:

and I’ve seen 5 games thank you,
I can find my name pretty high on the 49erpriderewards list, where’s yours?

thats right, you don’t buy your own tix

We haved to sign him now. Look how dismal our new players are this year. Compare these scrubs he recruited the past year or two with the great recruiting classes that are now in their 3rd and 4th years, like Leemire and…, uh, ok, so there isn’t anyone on the team but Leemire to represent the great recruiting Lutz was doing with 4 years or more on his contract. Don’t wait. The regular season will be half over in a couple of days.

[QUOTE=gamer;283136]We haved to sign him now. Look how dismal our new players are this year. Compare these scrubs he recruited the past year or two with the great recruiting classes that are now in their 3rd and 4th years, like Leemire and…, uh, ok, so there isn’t anyone on the team but Leemire to represent the great recruiting Lutz was doing with 4 years or more on his contract. Don’t wait. The regular season will be half over in a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

Is that English?

Recruiting took a hit with the A10 move, based on the new guys this year, the coaches have obviously found their footing with recruiting players to play in the A10. Add in ACC wins (over two teams who routinely beat us out for local recruits) and a huge resurgence of the A10 on a national level and I’m pretty certain recruiting will start to see a major upswing if Lutz gets an extension.

Is that English?

Recruiting took a hit with the A10 move, based on the new guys this year, the coaches have obviously found their footing with recruiting players to play in the A10. Add in ACC wins (over two teams who routinely beat us out for local recruits) and a huge resurgence of the A10 on a national level and I’m pretty certain recruiting will start to see a major upswing if Lutz gets an extension.

This is absolutely true. Recruiting was horrid upon the initial switch to the A-10. You have to sell a completely different package to a recruit.

But we won’t have to worry about recruiting if we have more walk-ons like DiJuan.

The administration needs to sign him for another 5 years and let him finish his coaching carreer here - at his home. There is something to be said for representing the University “on and off the court”.

Just as important, we need to do whatever it takes to keep Moxley. He is key in getting the right guys in the door.

We may go .500 in conference and wonder what the hell happened, but this team is a huge step up and Lutz deserves a chance to do something with these guys.

Just as important, we need to do whatever it takes to keep Moxley. He is key in getting the right guys in the door.

Amen to that, we don’t need another Hill situation, the only thing I worry about is if he gets his own Head coaching job, it would be great for Mox and he deserves it, but I think our recruiting will take a hit also.

Put me in the “Extension talks should begin now” crowd.

He’s done a great job, and this team is enjoyable to watch. This squad is just as exciting as the 04-05 squad. What they lack in talent they make up for in heart and determination. They play like they care and fight for each other and obviously for Lutz.

It’s already been mentioned, but they need to keep Moxley…bad. His return to our bench has made a huge impact on recruiting AND on the court. During a few halftimes at Clemson he was the one talking to the team.

Mox and Lutz make a great pair and the AD needs to keep it that way.

now everyone raise your hand if you’ve been consistent with your thoughts?

it’s amazing what one win can do for bandwagoners.

First of all, the team is young so I'll cut them a break here or there. I am happy with the energy we've shown on D and hopefully the Clemson game will convince our guys that they can win without jacking 30 3's a game.

But, I’m greedy and make no apologizes for it. If we had beaten Monmouth and Hofstra as we should, we’re 11-3 and have a shot a real good season.

I agree with Lutz’ statement of this team grades out a B. With those two wins- it’s an A.

I like Lutz, think he is a real good man. Let’s go 13-3 in the conference and give him a 5 yr deal.

8-8 in the A-10 just doesn’t do it for me.

That being said- I’m on the fence. If we extend him now, I’m okay with it. If we wait till after the season, I’m ok with that too.

Exactly my thoughts/stance at this point.

There were approximately 5 things that bothered me as 49er supporter going into this basketball season:
  1. we haven’t played defense in 3-4 years
  2. our only gameplan was launching 3s the past 3-4 years
  3. did we have another crop of thug-like players?
  4. pure raw athleticism has been WAY down
  5. Halton had become dead/we were invisible to media

All 5 questions are answered, and in no way am I embarrassed anymore of our program. Lutz needs a deal now Dubois and here’s why: it looks possible that we can go 11-5 in the A10, and end up with 20 wins (with 9 new players), which is unheard of. If that happens, the leverage is with Lutz and he may start fielding offers from other places and our price will go up. All I wanted to see this year was the ship back on course, IT IS.

Get it done Dubois.

Tim Collie
class of 1996

Funny how you instantly change your mind after a big win.

Funny how you instantly change your mind after a big win.
i think it has more to do with the fact that it ended our OOC schedule. We met 9-5, something I have heard metro harp on for weeks.
i think it has more to do with the fact that it ended our OOC schedule. We met 9-5, something I have heard metro harp on for weeks.

One loss in a Conference game and I bet Metro’s old thoughts and feelings will begin to surface again.

let’s bump some post monmouth post tulsa post hofstra topics… most of us pro lutz were consistent because we knew losses like this were going to happen…everyone knew it was…but you suddenly accept it after a win…not directly after the loss…it’s the exact difference between being on the bandwagon or not. consistency. supporting after the loss that you know is coming…not justifying it all after they’ve finally met your standards.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;283185]now everyone raise your hand if you’ve been consistent with your thoughts?

it’s amazing what one win can do for bandwagoners.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t being as consistent as our team count for something?

let's bump some post monmouth post tulsa post hofstra topics... most of us pro lutz were consistent because we knew losses like this were going to happen...everyone knew it was..but you suddenly accept it after a win..not directly after the loss...it's the exact difference between being on the bandwagon or not. consistency. supporting after the loss that you know is coming...not justifying it all after they've finally met your standards.

I’ve heard different things about the crowd during the Maryland Game. All I know is that in section 109 where I was sitting the whole first half everyone might as well have stayed back at home in bed. But instantly during the second half when our guys started playing a little better they were right back in the game chanting and cheering them on once again. After the crowd stopped sitting and catching some shut eye, they went from being 21 down to 1 at one point. How do you expect our guys to play well if they don’t feel they have support on there home court? I’m sure I’m not the only Niner fan that has noticed how much our 07-08 team feeds off of the crowd. Granted they came out in a bit of a slump in the first half, the weak crowd did not do anything but hinder their confidence.

I might be a little late with this comment, but I feel it is necessary after seeing so many people have positive posts after this win against Clemson.

now everyone raise your hand if you've been consistent with your thoughts?

it’s amazing what one win can do for bandwagoners.

I’m raising my hand right now. Like I said in a previous post in this same thread, what good are big wins if we consistently lose to rpi 200 teams every year. If we resign Lutz, you’ll get your big wins, but every one will be a wash when he loses to another subpar team. Over Lutz’ tenure, we have been consistently inconsistent. And furthermore, yes, we’re young this year, but we lose to teams like Hofstra every year whether we are led by a bunch of seniors or by freshmen. Nothing has changed. I came into this year with very little expectations, and I am very proud of this team and how they have played against tough competition this year, but if we want to be at the next level, Lutz is not the “on court” coach to take us there. That’s all I’m going to say from this point on about this subject. GO NINERS!!!

I'm raising my hand right now. Like I said in a previous post in this same thread, what good are big wins if we consistently lose to rpi 200 teams every year. If we resign Lutz, you'll get your big wins, but every one will be a wash when he loses to another subpar team. Over Lutz' tenure, we have been consistently inconsistent. And furthermore, yes, we're young this year, but we lose to teams like Hofstra every year whether we are led by a bunch of seniors or by freshmen. Nothing has changed. I came into this year with very little expectations, and I am very proud of this team and how they have played against tough competition this year, but if we want to be at the next level, Lutz is not the "on court" coach to take us there. That's all I'm going to say from this point on about this subject. GO NINERS!!!

Whether or not Lutz is that guy or not… How do you know the next guy to role through will do more to help the program.