Thought I'd never return, eh?

It was nice talkin smack with you pigs.

I agree with Niner9, we need tougher scheduling.

Hi guys,

Good season guys! Maybe you can schedule us next year and come up to Baum. I think if you guys would have scheduled a little tougher, you guys would have been really, really tough to beat. Stanek tops out at 97-98 and if you haven’t seen it before it’s just too hard to hit. There’s no doubt that you guys had some talent on your roster though. The tougher schedule you guys play, the better hitting will get.

Ironically, I think you guys need pitching help more than anything if you start to play tougher teams, but it’ll also help you on the recruiting trail as well.

You guys are a mouthy bunch, but I like that. It means you care and you have a fan base truly committed to winning. If you guys can come up to Baum, I’ll post back here. Good luck in the future, Niners!

TheWahls

[quote=“Dave Van Horn, post:38, topic:25456”]:stuck_out_tongue: :))

Hope your boys have a safe flight back. Hope you enjoyed your time at Picasso’s. Good luck joining a real conference.[/quote]

We beat you once, you beat us once. You wanted a medal I guess? What I really like is you’re learning not to start $hit ‘til you win the series. Your. . . ‘we’re the filthiest pigs’ in the pen attitude is still sh!itty, though (no pun intended). ;D It was fun messin’ with you pigs. You pigs have a safe flight home after tonight, too. ;D

[quote=“Niner89, post:43, topic:25456”][quote=“Dave Van Horn, post:38, topic:25456”]:stuck_out_tongue: :))

Hope your boys have a safe flight back. Hope you enjoyed your time at Picasso’s. Good luck joining a real conference.[/quote]

We beat you once, you beat us once. You wanted a medal I guess? What I really like is you’re learning not to start $hit ‘til you win the series. Your. . . ‘we’re the filthiest pigs’ in the pen attitude is still sh!itty, though (no pun intended). ;D It was fun messin’ with you pigs. You pigs have a safe flight home after tonight, too. ;D[/quote]

No medal needed, thanks. Maybe the biggest problem is that there just isn’t much traffic on this board (to be expected), and the regulars here are less than hospitable. I’d go as far as saying much of your members are dicks. Complex, maybe? I tried good-natured talk, but that quickly went south as you guys didn’t have much to say other than knock our state. I’ve come to expect that from other boards, no shocker there. And I really shouldn’t talk sh!t until after the game. As my buddy told me, I jinxed us. As stated earlier, I’m not usually one to talk smack but I thought I’d give it a try and entertain you folks. Some get it, some take it personally. Not sure why folks get all butt-hurt when someone gives you props?

Good luck to you next season. It was fun. I wouldn’t count us out just yet, we still have some arms left and several players on this year’s squad owe ASU some payback. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a barnyard animal to fornicate with before our game starts. :smiley:

I actually like the Mid-West. I was in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Bentonville and Rogers last month and enjoyed it. Bummed we didn’t beat you twice, but it’s something we can build on. Like alluded to, we’re trying to push much more established programs off the block when it comes to recruiting, and it isn’t easy. We can’t call you guys up and get a home-and-home series. At least, I don’t think so. I’d be mighty impressed with you guys if you were willing schedule the proverbial rubber match with us. Until then it’s a balancing act between playing 40 games on the road and giving the fans home games that are worth seeing. Until we have the clout that allows us to routinely bring in quality opponents for weekend series, it’s going to be a roller coaster.

[quote=“Niner9, post:39, topic:25456”]Can’t wait to hear what you have to say now. I warned the rest of Niner Nation. I am about to get on my soap box for a minute.

We will not win a regional until we stop playing schools like Coppin State, NC Central, USC Upstate, UNC Asheville, Tennessee Tech, Ball State and Harvard. We kid ourselves into thinking we are good and we can hit the ball playing these teams and we are not getting better. Go out and schedule someone like Coastal Carolina, ECU, UNCW, James Madison, NC State, South Carolina, Clemson and Tennessee. Don’t give me this stuff they wont play us. We might have to go on the road and play a few of these schools but we need to make it happen. I am excited next year we play at GT and Missouri and have Dallas Baptist at home, but we need to add a few midweek games of this caliber as well. Make our out of conference SOS in the top 50 in the nation, because our conference SOS in awful every year. They will make our players better, not give them a false sense of hope

Also if you win 40+ games you should be an at large team in the tournament, but not with the schedule we play. So Coach Hibbs and Judy go out and play a schedule that challenges the team to get better, not let them beat up on the school of the blind.[/quote]

Who is it that you can’t wait to hear from???

Regardless of who we played, we were a very good team this year. Obviously others agreed since we were ranked and recieving votes all season despite our SOS. We could have put ourselves in a position for an at-large if it wasn’t for a few losses to certain teams. We needed sweeps instead of just taking 2 of 3.

I agree that our schedule needs to be tougher and I believe it is getting tougher. As far as I’m concerned it is all about the weekend series. Our top 3 vs their top 3. We have at least 3 quality weekend series set up for next year, 2 of them being on the road. Dallas Baptist is coming here next year, and last I checked they were about to advance to the Super Regionals. Chapel Hill will not be playing us next year, and I hope we never schedule them again until we can get a weekend series.

[quote=“Dave Van Horn, post:44, topic:25456”][quote=“Niner89, post:43, topic:25456”][quote=“Dave Van Horn, post:38, topic:25456”]:stuck_out_tongue: :))

We beat you once, you beat us once. You wanted a medal I guess? What I really like is you’re learning not to start $hit ‘til you win the series. Your. . . ‘we’re the filthiest pigs’ in the pen attitude is still sh!itty, though (no pun intended). ;D It was fun messin’ with you pigs. You pigs have a safe flight home after tonight, too. ;D[/quote]

No medal needed, thanks. Maybe the biggest problem is that there just isn’t much traffic on this board (to be expected), and the regulars here are less than hospitable. I’d go as far as saying much of your members are dicks. Complex, maybe? I tried good-natured talk, but that quickly went south as you guys didn’t have much to say other than knock our state. I’ve come to expect that from other boards, no shocker there. And I really shouldn’t talk sh!t until after the game. As my buddy told me, I jinxed us. As stated earlier, I’m not usually one to talk smack but I thought I’d give it a try and entertain you folks. Some get it, some take it personally. Not sure why folks get all butt-hurt when someone gives you props?

Good luck to you next season. It was fun. I wouldn’t count us out just yet, we still have some arms left and several players on this year’s squad owe ASU some payback. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a barnyard animal to fornicate with before our game starts. :D[/quote]

Dave “horned” Van,

You’re nothing but a filthy swine, ain’t ya? You crawled in here started $hit and demanded for us to be hospitable with you? There you go with the name calling again. I thought I told you:

-Your’e the species that love to start sh!t, but can’t take it.

You’re a long way from coming to our board and try to ‘entertain’ us with your smack, son.
I thought you pigs from Arkansas are into incestry instead of crime against nature with farm animals, too. ;D

Anyway, as you pigs would end it… . . . " hogs and kisses" ;D

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:46, topic:25456”][quote=“Niner9, post:39, topic:25456”]Can’t wait to hear what you have to say now. I warned the rest of Niner Nation. I am about to get on my soap box for a minute.

We will not win a regional until we stop playing schools like Coppin State, NC Central, USC Upstate, UNC Asheville, Tennessee Tech, Ball State and Harvard. We kid ourselves into thinking we are good and we can hit the ball playing these teams and we are not getting better. Go out and schedule someone like Coastal Carolina, ECU, UNCW, James Madison, NC State, South Carolina, Clemson and Tennessee. Don’t give me this stuff they wont play us. We might have to go on the road and play a few of these schools but we need to make it happen. I am excited next year we play at GT and Missouri and have Dallas Baptist at home, but we need to add a few midweek games of this caliber as well. Make our out of conference SOS in the top 50 in the nation, because our conference SOS in awful every year. They will make our players better, not give them a false sense of hope

Also if you win 40+ games you should be an at large team in the tournament, but not with the schedule we play. So Coach Hibbs and Judy go out and play a schedule that challenges the team to get better, not let them beat up on the school of the blind.[/quote]

Who is it that you can’t wait to hear from???

Regardless of who we played, we were a very good team this year. Obviously others agreed since we were ranked and recieving votes all season despite our SOS. We could have put ourselves in a position for an at-large if it wasn’t for a few losses to certain teams. We needed sweeps instead of just taking 2 of 3.

I agree that our schedule needs to be tougher and I believe it is getting tougher. As far as I’m concerned it is all about the weekend series. Our top 3 vs their top 3. We have at least 3 quality weekend series set up for next year, 2 of them being on the road. Dallas Baptist is coming here next year, and last I checked they were about to advance to the Super Regionals. Chapel Hill will not be playing us next year, and I hope we never schedule them again until we can get a weekend series.[/quote]

Great post, Mr. B…

Wait… what!?

GDI. My senior year… and we don’t get to host Mikey Fux?

Senior year? Really?

Why wouldn’t you expect that from our board too? The unintentional insult that we’ve come all too used to seeing. Just because we aren’t in a BCS conference doesn’t mean we don’t have diehard fans. And as far as not much to say, one of your fans said we have an “abstract mascot”. :o Now that’s some in depth smack talk.

[quote=“Dave Van Horn, post:44, topic:25456”]And I really shouldn’t talk sh!t until after the game. As my buddy told me, I jinxed us. As stated earlier, I’m not usually one to talk smack but I thought I’d give it a try and entertain you folks. Some get it, some take it personally. Not sure why folks get all butt-hurt when someone gives you props?[/quote]You did show nuts by coming back and eating crow after losing. But you quickly turned that into how you really should have won the game. Props were hard to find.

[quote=“Dave Van Horn, post:44, topic:25456”]Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a barnyard animal to fornicate with before our game starts. :D[/quote]Now that deserves a chuckle. :))

Really.

Wait… what!?

GDI. My senior year… and we don’t get to host Mikey Fux?[/quote]

He originally scheduled us to display his team for possible recruits in the Charlotte area. He did not schedule us to lose, or for us to have move fans than them show up (happened in our last game here), or to be taunted by our fans. He likes to get his way and often pouts when he does not. In other words he expects everyone to bow down and kiss his ass. But you already know that, don’t you Lew.

Wait… what!?

He originally scheduled us to display his team for possible recruits in the Charlotte area. He did not schedule us to lose, or for us to have move fans than them show up (happened in our last game here), or to be taunted by our fans. He likes to get his way and often pouts when he does not. In other words he expects everyone to bow down and kiss his ass. But you already know that, don’t you Lew.[/quote]

You know I’m going to take credit for this, right?

We rattled him last year. He lost this year. He stopped playing.

What’d G.W. Bush say? If we stop (insert American activity here), the terrorists win.

In this case, we (section 107) are the terrorists.

I believe that we have won.

[quote=“Niner9, post:39, topic:25456”]Can’t wait to hear what you have to say now. I warned the rest of Niner Nation. I am about to get on my soap box for a minute.

Tennessee would be an easy win. Trust me…

After you guys lost the first game, you took it upon yourself to do us the sportsmanlike “favor” of coming onto our boards and throwing out backhanded remarks and excuses about why you shouldn’t have lost to a team that you obviously thought was FAR inferior to your own. And then you mix it all up with some other fluff and try to pass it off as some sort of congratulatory gesture of sportsman’s humility.

What kind of reactions did you expect? Of course people are gonna be dicks to you if you act like some sort of holier-than-thou douchebag on THEIR message boards, lol. This is the internet, pal. It’s serious business. Didn’t you get the memo?

Wait… what!?

Wait… what!?

Your still a senior?

Maybe the biggest problem is that there just isn’t much traffic on this board (to be expected), and the regulars here are less than hospitable. I’d go as far as saying much of your members are dicks.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a barnyard animal to fornicate with before our game starts.[/quote]

We were actually discussing this a couple nights ago. We have a lot of traffic on here, we just all tend to use the ‘shoutbox’ which has evolved into a chatroom. You should join in next time.

As for your second comment… I KNEW IT! :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t realize anyone actually liked Arkansas.

Wait… what!?

Wait… what!?

Your still a senior?

[/quote]

uhhh… yeah… I did take two years off, remember?