TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

Same here. I rewatch the often. I also have love for the books.

Red Rising - Best space opera ever IMO

Wool - Apple has it in the works

The Black Company novels by Glen Cook, one of the pioneers of dark fantasy. The source material is fantastic.

The First Law (Joe Abercrombie) and Night Angel (Brent Weeks) are two more recent series that could be killer too as series.

Iā€™m going to pass on Amazonā€™s Tolkien series unless I see good reviews. Hope Iā€™m wrong but afraid theyā€™ll butcher it.

We have missed the window - but the Heir to the Empire Zahn novels in SW would have been way better than the garbage we got.

Without a doubt @NinerWupAss .

There is a movement within Disney though to scrap the latest trilogy and reboot along those lines / Lucasā€™ outline. Itā€™s not likely to win out, but itā€™s not a longshot either. They know they screwed things up badly and their $4B investment has been badly damaged.

I liked the Zahn books. I cannot remember if the writing is actually good, but the story itself is, and that what matters most.

With the world between worlds established in Rebels they could retcon some stuff, but Mando sure seemed to be laying the ground work for the sequel trilogy.

Iā€™m going to have to check out some of this stuff. Iā€™m not familiar with much of it.

Realized today that Amazon acquired the rights for approximately THIRTY EIGHT PAGES of Tolkeinā€™s material, and is basing 5 seasons on that. Basically they just paid for the name to slap on their generic fantasy series.

This is gonna be awful. Sorry. I fell for it once with WoT. Never again.

To me, it seems anything Amazon does that requires special effects ends up a mess. Maybe not though. I still canā€™t bring myself to what Expanse, but I read deep into that series before watching the first minute of it. I think I need to give the tv series more of a shot based on everyoneā€™s opinions on it.

Yeah I have up around season 3, but I think I may give it another shot.

What? Seriously? Do you have a source? I need to read up on this. I thought they paid like a billion dollars for the full rights to the universe and to produce other content not named the hobbit and LOTR.

Variety: ā€˜Stranger Thingsā€™ Season 4 Will Be Split in Half, Premiere Dates Set for Both Parts.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this. But Yellowjackets on Showtime is freaking awesome. Three eps in. Got hooked on ep 1

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2022/02/17/wrapped/

Exciting news out of London ā€” I am informed that shooting has WRAPPED for the first season of HOUSE OF THE DRAGON.

Yes, all ten episodes. I have seen rough cuts of a few of them, and Iā€™m loving them. Of course, a lot more work needs to be done. Special effects, color timing, score, all the post production work.

But the writing, the directing, the acting all look terrific. I hope you will like them as much as I do. My hat is off to Ryan and Miguel and their team, and to our amazing cast.

Looks like Quantum Leap is getting a reboot. No Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell is dead. Seems like it would need Bakula in some capacity. The original series ended rather abruptly.

Pretty easy reboot let Bakula play Sam but when his consciousness lands somewhere it stays when he fixes things and the person he replaces gets sent out and deans character is a new hologram.

They kinda have a dr who like plot device they could use.

They could do some final seasons to send him home.

I watched that show on reruns all the time in college.

From what Iā€™ve read Bakula hasnā€™t been contacted about being in the reboot. Hopefully that changes and heā€™ll get some cameo.

1 Like