TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

I watch reruns now. The way that series ended was terrible. Itā€™s like they decided to not renew right before the final show. All we got was a black screen saying something along the lines of ā€œSam never made it homeā€.

I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. Itā€™s not for everyone but I thought it was a fun and clever show. I definitely didnā€™t Skip the Intro on any episodes haha.

No, I never skipped the intro, and I rewound it several times each time I watched.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s got me excited again.

Am I missing something? Are you guys referring to the Holland segment?

Opening credits with the wired angular dancing. Itā€™s magic

I guess thatā€™s a case of every show is not for everyone, cause i donā€™t get it. lol. i mean I get that theyā€™re trying to do something different. But it didnā€™t resonate with me. Reminds a bit of the old Drew Carey intro.

Finished Yellowjackets. Very entertaining. I would not put it at the absolute top level but itā€™s close. The writing is really food.

Also finished the Gemstones. They killed it in season 2. This has made me decide to watch Eastbound and Down.

Also just started Mrs. Maisel season 4. Still good so far.

And lastly, digging a bit deeper we are on episode 4 of When Heroes Fly on Netflix. Very good so far. A solid action drama.

Been watching ā€œLost in Spaceā€ (2018 version) on Netflix. Iā€™ve seen up through season 2 and itā€™s not bad. Good family fun.

1 Like

Halo Series coming on Paramount+ on 3/25. I have been waiting 20 years for this and it looks good.

Hmmm

Man see this is the problem with fans. Sometimes you just need to stop and enjoy somethingā€¦

It can be annoying. People spend so much time critiquing that they canā€™t just sit back and be entertained.

1 Like

Only 3 shows in but Winning Time about the Lakers in early 80ā€™s is very entertaining. I thought it would be hokey as hell but itā€™s good

1 Like

I think this video says a lot.

I can see where some fans might be upset. Iā€™m not terribly worried if they didnā€™t watch the game. The idea that story is about master chief finding his humanity works for me. The process of becoming a spartan rips that away. It may suck it my be awesome - probably somewhere in the middle. Iā€™m not gonna be upset about the process until I see it.

Thatā€™s not the point. The point is, these creators are buying these franchises up like Chinese companies buying American electronics brand names so that can slap them on whatever garbage they have come up with. They could make the same story without the brand, but no one would watch it because itā€™s garbage. Itā€™s a bait and switch scheme at bestā€¦ Malevolent subversion and checkbox agenda based ā€œreimaginingā€ at worst.

Iā€™m starting to hate Hollywood for reasons other than the ones most people gripe about.

Well itā€™s a money game. Creatives have always had to turn to money people. Money people rarely care about the creative process. They care only about mass appeal and money. I get the frustration. Every now and then it works. Kevin Fegie and Marvel have been great. The Batman was really good. Iā€™m starting to feel for ya man! You need something in your life that brings you a smile.