TV Binging Thread đŸ“ș

The Netflix seasons of AD aren’t worth the effort (IMO). The first season from Netflix was so hard to follow it really hurt the following season.

Ughh
 I keep watching Kenobi and torturing myself.

Can we please inject some testosterone and good writing into Star Wars?

It’s so flaccid, even when it’s not being awful.

I just finished all 7 seasons of “The 100” and really enjoyed it. I definitely recognized the theme you mentioned. IMO, the last two seasons went off on a tangent that got away from what I really liked about the first couple seasons, but, overall it was worth the watch.

lol, yea unfortunately I was laughing in spots again that were not meant to be comedic. Sucks too because it briefly teases in spots how good it could have been. Really hope Favreau kills it with his next series, Star Wars needs it to be good.

1 Like

Binge watched Stranger Things 4 over the last couple of days. I agree, this half season or whatever it’s called is really good. I like how they’ve gone darker with the story lines as the kids have become older.

1 Like

There are not any redeeming characters in Succession. For that reason my wife didn’t like it either. I would think it’s somewhat a “guys” show. I agree with Mac, give it a few episodes. I think it’s excellent.

Forwhatever reason, I tend to like the shows where most of the characters are bad. So my wife and I have different series we watch together and others I watch alone.

You must have loved Ozark then.

Lol. Yes. My favorites over the last 5 years or so have been Ozarks, Succession, Yellowstone and GOT. I’ll also throw in Silicon Valley. But the charcters on their were not as dark as the other series I listed. The wife actually likes Ozarks.

Mine too. She like Marty and Ruth. Could not stand Wendy.

1 Like

Wendy is one of the most unlikeable characters in modern television haha.

1 Like

Seriously. We were rooting for her to get knocked off the last two seasons.

Loving arrested development. Going to be interesting to see what they did with the newer seasons. I’m just shocked at how many notable people were on or involved with that show.

That show came out in what I call my wife and my lost generation of TV. It’s what came out after my son was born and before he got old enough to be independent as far as independent. So much time spent with the kid, activities, sports, homework, kids movies and shows.

We missed many things line arrested development, how I met your mother, the shield, six feet under, it’s a long list.

Anyone else familiar with this phenomenon?

Yea but for us it’s been movies more than TV. We would see 3-4 movies in theater a month plus movies on Tv. Just not much time for that. Youngest is 6 so I have a ways to go.

1 Like

Just finished Stranger Things 4A. Really good.

Just watched first episode of season 3 The Boys. As twisted and enjoyable as ever. Thank god this show exists.

I’m thinking that Obi Wan may be a brilliant marketing ploy. Make people hate young Leia so much that Disney will kill her off in this series and necessitate a complete reboot of the Saga.

I’m there already and rooting for her demise. Maybe it will be the same for Luke and they will off him too. Anakin will then wake up and realize it is all just a dream.

I thought this interview with Chris Gore really hits on some of the issues with new Star Wars, and book adaptations seen in this thread: How To Alienate The Audience - Chris Gore - YouTube

1 Like

Yeah. Chris deep down is just a true Star Wars fan
 A total nerd for it. The kind of person you want fighting for the legacy of the IP.

Some of these other guys get deep into politics, but Chris just wants the lore honored / not tarnished.

Hollywood Reporter: ‘Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow Sequel Series in Development at HBO (Exclusive).

Oh boy
 I can only imagine what’s going to be done with this. Not looking forward it.

See that Chris Gore quote above.

Watch this little bit of the Kenobi review - it’s not even about the show itself. It’s the problem with these shows in general and why they are on streaming services in the first place.

“They don’t care if you watch them all or not
 It’s just content, that they can feature like a cheap, low end buffet”.

They’re absolutely right. There are no quality controls on these streaming services. There is no reason for them. That’s not what this model is based on. It’s just based on volume. Lots and lots of content to keep the subscribers’ money coming in.