TV Binging Thread đŸ“ș

That is worrisome.

It’s all in the execution.

Hopefully for the creators of disappointing TV it’s because they got horrible notes and influence from the execs.

I hope they are wrong, but if they aren’t it’s just another example of how you cannot buy quality. You can’t buy that perfect blend of creativity and execution that produces a classic.

Case in point. How much did Squid Game cost to produce? That was very original, very good, and very successful.

On another note. I need recommendations for awesome multi episode military documentaries.

Ones I have enjoyed.

The Apocalypse series (my favs)
Ken Burns Vietnam War
WW2 Witness to War (watching this now)

Military doc fans please post ideas.

We finished A League of Their Own last night. The story line was pretty good. Enough baseball to break up the other stories.

My main complaint is the filming of the baseball scenes. It is very obvious that the actors aren’t throwing/hitting/catching the balls in real time. I found the CGI of the ball coming in very distracting.

I do recommend watching it if you enjoyed the movie.

World at War for WWII

BBC-The Great War

Those two are older but fantastic.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendations. Those sound great. Will track them down.

Currently binging Sunderland 'Til I Die. A documentary of an English futbol club that was recently relegated from the Premier League to the Championship and all the trials and tribulations that regulation entails. So far it’s pretty good, but I guess you’d need to be a futbol fan to enjoy the series.

HotD episode 3 was again a slow burn. This is a pretty well executed show with no real flaws, but it is less than GoT was at its height. It just isn’t as dynamic, as funny, or as epic. It’s good TV, but not great.

Anyone watched the Rings of Power yet?

watched the first episode last night. Not impressed, but visually striking at times.

I may watch it just to see the second age visualized.

East Bound & Down coming back?

3 Likes

eastbound and down GIF

That show was funny at first but got stupid the longer it ran

Starting watching “Into the Night” on Netfix. It’s about passengers on a plane that have to keep flying west to stay in the night because, for some reason, the sun’s radiation has started killing everyone on the planet. It’s a foreign series, I think Belgian. It’s not going to win any awards, but it’s good for some light hearted entertainment.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NinerAdvocate/status/1569482217084133377

Started watching the new season of Cobra Kai on Netflix. Little darker this season so far but still good, IMO. Johnny still rocks and carries the show.

I’ve read Netflix may start releasing hits series like this one episode at a time, similar to what Prime does. I get it why they would go that route but doesn’t change the fact that it would suck.

Finished Tehran season 2 yesterday. It was a good season. I will give it a nice solid B. If you like Homeland this is your show.

Started Dopesick tonight. First episode was amazing. You can’t lose with Keaton and quality material.

Will add Tehran to the list. Dopesick is dope :grinning: