TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

I agree. Iā€™m half way through season 1 and wondering if my teenagers are going through any of that stuff. I know the show over dramatizes things, but still, makes me want to ask some questionsā€¦

1 Like

(And yes, the bottom headline is true).

White Lotus didnā€™t do it for me either. I tapped out late in S1.

I enjoyed The Recuit, it has a little Alias vibe minus the smoke show that was Jennifer Garner back then.

1 Like

Watched A Christmas Story Christmas with the familyā€¦

Should have been call A Christmas Story: member berries. But it wasnt terribleā€¦it just didnā€™t have nearly the humor or the charm of the first one.

Discovered ā€œBillionsā€ over the holidays. Itā€™s pretty good if you like high finance drama, sort of like Industry and Succession. Iā€™m through season one and just starting season 2. Team Axel at the moment.

Highly recommend Wednesday on Netflix. I would call it Veronica Mars set at Hogwarts.

My daughter is all into Wednesday. Iā€™ve just seen the short dance vid online. Will check it out sometime I guess.

1 Like

Wednesday isnā€™t bad, itā€™s definitely got that Tim Burton feel.

That dance was perfection haha.

1 Like

You should always stand behind your kids

1 Like
2 Likes

The first season is getting strong reviews. Lots of talk about breaking the video game adaptation curse.

Just started watching Wednesday this past weekend, only seen two episodes so far. Itā€™s good entertainment, IMO.

2 Likes

You should definitely watch The Last of Us.

Thatā€™s the post. No further discussion needed.

1 Like

Three eps into Tulsa King. Very enjoyable.

Iā€™ll check it out. Never heard of the video game so wonā€™t worry about any comparisons.

FWIW, the show is apparently extremely faithful to the game.

Not too often anymore do you see audience and critic scores match up like this. HBO likely has a big hit on their hands.

Read a review from a critic that has seen all 9 episodes, and he said the first two episodes are the weakest. And the first one was pretty freaking good.

Iā€™ve got some opinions but I donā€™t wanna post spoilers til more people have a chance to see it.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m shamelessly pimping this show. Iā€™m just so tickled that Hollywood can occasionally make something that isnā€™t ā€œsubversiveā€ preachy drek, and the people that made it appear to actually LIKE the story.

1 Like

I second the Last of Us. Watched the first episode tonight. It was great.

I had a feeling this was gonna be a winner with the guy that did Chernobyl Craig Mazin behind it cause Chernobyl was freaking amazing.

3 Likes

aubrey plaza couch GIF

2 Likes