TV Binging Thread 📺

CLT if you’re gonna post this in the TV binging thread you gotta tell us what show this is from, lol

1 Like

My interest is piqued. I love the Twitter account.

I don’t believe this scene was in White Lotus, but she was.

March 1st, fellow nerds. :nerd_face:

Also there were some gossip stories this week that Jon Favreau told Disney he wasn’t doing this season of Mando unless Kathleen Kennedy stopped screwing with it. Sounds like he got the right to make what he wanted back from the studio. I’m psyched.

3 Likes

clt says this is not good at all

Nope, not good at all indeed. My prime go-to when I’m lifting weights out in the garage during the summer.

clt says mlb.tv is still on yttv, but we are going to miss a lot of spring training games

1 Like

king of the hill animation GIF

Sexy Juno Temple GIF by Apple TV+

1 Like

If anyone likes a good mystery show I have two recommendations.

Three Pines on Amazon and CB Strike on HBO Max.

Both very good. Working our way through both.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna cancel YTTV this summer and try to watch a bunch of these series.

How do you like YTTV? Was going to see if they do any deals with the NFL Sunday ticket coming this fall.

Had it for what 4? 5? years? Since about 6-9 months after it got going.

Features wise it kicks the crap out of every other service. Unlimited DVR. Can skip commercials on recorded content. Menus are mostly intuitive. Does a good job of suggesting programs for you…you can customize your channel list however you like, and create separate profiles for everyone in your family so they can also customize their channels and recordings. It’s very responsive / quick too. Google is not effing around with it. It’s a very good product.

It’s not cheap though. About $65 + taxes. Though that’s comparable to the other fully fledged cable replacement services - only Sling is noticeably cheaper, and not that much cheaper if you get the orange + blue and add on DVR and other features to try to make it comparable.

Also, it travels, which is also nice. Very easy to bring a streaming stick with you on a trip or download the app on a smart TV. Or just use the app on your phone (fantastic for train commuters - and I “watch” stuff in the office - mainly talk shows).

So it’s just a question of how much cable TV you watch. If you watch a lot, I wouldn’t do any other service.

My problem is that my wife and kids probably spend 80% of their time watching Netflix or YouTube. I’m addicted to YTTV for the DVR and even moreso live sports. So I stupidly have all of that (and HBO and Prime and Hulu and ESPN+).

Yeah I’ve rotated through Sling, Fubo, Direct TV stream, really I just need a few more sports channels in the fall when NFL and college football start up.

We have talked about it before, yes I also have HBO, the Disney Plus/ESPN+/Hulu ads package, Netflix and Prime, so with a 65 dollar service added on we are back to close to 200 bucks a month that cable used to give us… :person_shrugging:

Thought maybe YTTV will have some decent deals to get new people to sign on for the NFL package, we will see. Every month I tell myself this is to much for TV but never go through with cancelling anything…

Oh and then there is Apple TV which I was about to cancel then saw Lasso is coming out next month… smh.

clt says yttv and mlb network need to settle this soon

Anyone else out there still have a cable box?

I would consider YTTV but I need the history channel.

I have cable, Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime with Motor Trend and Curiosity stream add ons, Paramount+, Apple TV.

It’s ridiculous I know. I just like being able to watch almost anything.

I’m still pissed I’m having to wait to watch Halley Valley season 3.

Oh yeah not sure if anyone mention this before but Tulsa King is really good.