TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

If you enjoy reading star wars novels I highly recommend the Daley books. They were written between the first film and ROTJ I think. Very early days of star wars universe fiction and set in a completely different part of the universe called the corporate sector authority that keeps the action away from the empire. Itā€™s wholly original and awesome. Maybe itā€™s just junior high and high school nostalgia but damn those were some good books.

The only earlier book MIGHT be splinter in the minds eye.

Thatā€™s not splinter in the mindā€™s eye? The story that they wrote because Lucas thought he wouldnā€™t get the budget to make a sequel to A New Hope?

BTW, I just read that Zahnā€™s books sold 15 million copies, went to #1 on the NY Times bestseller list, and that Lucas had input into them.

Why in the world would Disney not take the easy road and adapt them??? Itā€™s baffling. And if you wanted more female charactersā€¦ Jaina Solo (loved that they made Jaina and Jacen Solo twins) and of courseā€¦ Mara Jade???

2 Likes

I was just remarking that the Daley books came out about the same time as splinter of the minds eye.

Why donā€™t they take the easy road??

Check out a book called the tales from development hell the greatest science fiction movies never made.

Every person in Hollywood thinks they have a better idea than the person before them and have to put their own spin on things and it keeps messing up potentially good movies.

1 Like

The solo books and the heir to the empire series are both great. KK was so damn stupid. When asked why SW was struggling and marvel succeeds she said we donā€™t have thousands of pages of story to refer back to. Like what? You have some amazing stories. I hate her so much.

1 Like

Iā€™m liking the leftovers as well. First season was well done. Iā€™m a few episodes into the second season and trying to figure out what the heck is going onā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll admit it, I just finished season three of Outer Banks.

Just finished The Wire. Very good

1 Like

Lol. Better late than never! I say the Wire and the Sopranos changed television.

Thatā€™s probably my top 2 as well.

Iā€™ve never watched The Wire. Iā€™ve heard good things so need to put in on my viewing list.

I have hit that window of life with a 7 yr old and a nearly 12 year old that our week nights are absolutely destroyed. Always someone going somewhere or needing to be dropped off/picked up. Wife crashes at 9/930 because shes a school teacher. I am so far behind on TV shows I wanna watch.

2 Likes

Just give it some time. Once they hit the teen years theyā€™ll be in their rooms with doors closed. Youā€™ll get a little time back. I had to sign my 14 year old up for soccer yesterday to get his lazy but back active. He played for several years before Covid and is now getting back to it.

1 Like

Haha I need light at the end of the tunnel!

Last of us episode 7 was such a pointless snoozer that Iā€™m starting to grow tired of the series.

Really donā€™t care for Bella Ramsey dropping F bombs every other word either. It sounds awful and is extremely excessive. Comes off as straight trash.

1 Like

Enjoy the time with the kids while it lasts. When they fly the nest youā€™re gonna miss them and have so much time on your hands you wonā€™t know what to do with it.

Happened to me and the missus.

Yeah Iā€™m amazed the time has gone as fast as it has!

And save for college. I assume yā€™all both work and do ok. You ainā€™t getting shit for money trust me! Lol

The Wire is an ultimate must watch. Itā€™s in the pantheon of greatest shows ever. I would put it on my watch list and hit it ASAP.

My oldest somehow thinks I can snap my fingers and get her into Charlotte. Every time she gets a C on a math test and I tell her she needs to study harder she says ah Dad you will get me into Charlotte. Tried telling her I might can get her over a small jump not a big mountain lol

Also mine are doing CC unless they get scholarship. Not wasting money like I did.

1 Like

CC is such a smart way to go. I applaud you for that decision.

We paid for 4 yrs at State and 4 at Clemson, oof.

1 Like