TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

We are off topic here but yeah Iā€™ve told her if she wants an apt in Charlotte and go to cpcc thatā€™s cool. Get a job and pay for apt and Iā€™ll pay CP bills. If she wants a 4 yr univ off the bat get a scholarship.

1 Like

Thatā€™s funny, a few months ago I was debating getting rid of HBOā€¦ (stupid I know) and I thought if I was ever going to watch the Wire I should do it while I still had the subscriptionā€¦ wow was The Wire a good show!

The 4th season was by far the best but the first and third are right up there also, didnā€™t really like the second season but I can see how some could.

The real question Iā€™ve read a bunch online is out of the Wire, Sopranos and Breaking Bad how would you rank themā€¦ thatā€™s a tough one and Iā€™m sure everyone has their own biases depending on when they watched them and how it resonated with you.

1 Like

I really like the Wire but Sopranos was by far my fav

Donā€™t know if any of yā€™all have seen Euphoria but if borderline disturbing

Agreed. I quit it after about 4 episodes.

To me, you wouldnā€™t have the Wire if it wasnā€™t for Sopranos, yet I think the Wire was a better show. I wasnā€™t as big of a fan of Breaking Bad as most, so definitely 3rd for me.

Probably gonna end up watching this with Mrs NA. How tolerable is it?

Nice you guys get to use Mrs NWA and Mrs NA. I canā€™t call my wife Mrs BS without repercussions

1 Like

Well sometimes I call my wife Mrs BS and yeah doesnt go over well. LOL

CC is a smart way to go.

Agreed on the saving. College is so expensive these days. I started saving early and only had one.

Paid for 4 years at App :face_vomiting:

Now heā€™s in grad school at George Washington.

That place ainā€™t cheap. He got a little scholly and a graduate assistant job to help but still having to take some loans (he is. Parents canā€™t do the loans direct in grad school. You can only be a guarantor).

You guys with youngins. Youā€™re going to become very familiar with the abbreviations EFC and FAFSA.

Hopefully something can happen in the future to bring the costs down. I saw a stat last night that the cost of college is up by 169% since 1980 but starting average graduate pay is only up 19%.

Somethings got to give if we want to producing college grads.

Thereā€™s a lot of good minds out there not getting an education because of cost and thatā€™s bad for our economy and our country.

The next Thomas Edison could skip out on college cause itā€™s too expensive. That would suck.

clt says put your tuition on credit card, then flee the country!

Itā€™s silly but bearable, unless youā€™re highly critical of every little detail. Pretty much like the previous seasons. I liked it for what it was, mindless entertainment.

Watched Mando S3 E1 the other night.

Short Episode. Mostly setup for the season. A bit of a meh episode with a few action scenes.

That said, a meh Mando episode is still light years better than any of that Obi Wan or Boba Fett trash they put out.

I think Iā€™m going to wait till they release 3 or 4 episodes, I feel like it goes slow then you have to wait a week, I think we have gotten a little spoiled with the ā€œbingeā€ cultureā€¦ if I sit down to watch something I want it to at least be for an hour to an hour and a halfā€¦ some of these disney shows itā€™s only 30 minutes of content then 10 minutes of creditsā€¦

1 Like

Anyone else read the Wool series? Great sci-fi series that started by the author publishing independently on Amazon. Itā€™s a great read and I canā€™t wait for the show.

1 Like

Hungry Juno Temple GIF by Apple TV+

1 Like

Watch Chris Rocks new comedy special on Netflix last night. Dude goes after everybody, especially you know who. One thing I did find kind of annoying is that Rock tends to repeat himself, a lot. Other that that itā€™s , imo, a good show thatā€™s sure to piss off lots of people, which is a good thing.

Watched the first season Deadwood. Ok but not as interesting to me as I thought it would be

Has anybody seen Full Swing?