U-Times: Judy Interview

[QUOTE=ninerID;187572]10 years ago construction would have also cost close to half what it does now.[/QUOTE]
I am in the buisness…it is more like three times the cost…

Anyone gonna post the interview?

[QUOTE=casstommy;187637]Anyone gonna post the interview?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing Cass… I think this thread got on bit of a tangent.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;187638]… I think this thread got on bit of a tangent.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time that has ever happened in the history of NNN. :smile:

Serioisly, I would love for someone to explain to us the viewpoint currently being taken by the school on this subject. If there is almost no way we get football, then please give us the reasons.

I think many of us just want answers with facts. If it is impossible, tell us why. If it is possible, tell us the whys and whynots. If we are going to do a serious study, please announce it and give us some projected timetables.

Now… back on track… can someone post the interview?

Football is not discussed directly in the article, aside from Judy’s ascertion that we’d be in the Big East if we took our marching orders from the Pope.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;187643]Football is not discussed directly in the article, aside from Judy’s ascertion that we’d be in the Big East if we took our marching orders from the Pope.[/QUOTE]
Obviously this is her fault as well, converting into a Catholic school is clearly an issue Judy should have addressed years ago.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;187643]Football is not discussed directly in the article, aside from Judy’s ascertion that we’d be in the Big East if we took our marching orders from the Pope.[/QUOTE]

Once again she talks with the public but does not address one of the MAJOR issues facing our athletic department. They will just continue to hide behind all of their hollow excuses. By not formally going on record as why we don’t have football they can continue to just ignore the problem without giving students or alumni the official word.

As for being Catholic, if we had football maybe we would not have had to be Catholic to get in.

Football should be an immediate priority regardless of a Big East split. By the time it becomes obvious that is going to happpen it will be too late to start up a program. We know now that football dictates alignments so we might as well start the planning now.

Just thinking about Judy make my blood boil…

[QUOTE=Noreaster;187535]Let me weigh in with an argument no one ever makes. Some people don’t like basketball, don’t care about basketball, and won’t watch basketball regardless of whether its their school, some other school, NBA, CBA, WNBA, whatever… A lot of those people are football fans. A lot of those people go to our school. A lot of those people would donate money if we had a football team.

My point is that arguing against a football time by saying we can’t support our other sports is comparing apples to oranges. Football is an entirely different animal than any other sport that is played in the US. I like baseball, but don’t go to baseball games. I like soccer but don’t go to soccer games. I like cheerleaders, but that doesn’t have anything to do with this post.

Football is football. It is not basketball. It is easier to go to a game every other Saturday afternoon (outside) than it is to rush home from work, jam food in your mouth, and rush out to a basketball game, or baseball game, or golf tournament…whatever.

My point is that the people that will support a football team are not necessarily the people that support the other teams. In all actuality, they are people that don’t go to those other events. They are people that are driving a few hours on Saturday morning to catch the game…

Someone undoubtedly will now tell everyone why I am stupid…begin the countdown.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of reasons you are stupid…this brilliant post isn’t one of them…

If you were the CEO of a company and you had to downsize tremendously you would be fired over the desires of the shareholders.

If you are the AD of a school that goes from CUSA to the A-10, nothing happens. Wonder what will happen when our basketball program is forced into the Atlantic Sun!!!

JUDY MUST GO!

[QUOTE=mineshaft;187549]We don’t have football because we have a woman athletic director…PERIOD.
Judy’s vision is primarily to carry out Title IX. If we want football we have to have an AD with vision. Here is the problem Judy is going nowhere. She has the dream job. She will never get fired and she will never quit. What is worse is that she will never get another job offer. So therefore we are stuck with her here. Her lack of vision has completely killed my hope for the future in our athletic program. I’m afraid to say that we may have seen the top of the mountain in our CUSA days in terms of big games, national television, etc. The A-10 has us coming down the mountain.[/QUOTE]

Ok…This is a stupid post. Look around this campus at the athletic facilitlies we have, they are pretty damn nice. Thank you Judy!! It’s is not Judy’s fault she has served under a President who did not want football. Judy can’t just decide we are going to have football and poof it magically happens. Judy is one of the most respected AD’s in the country by her peers, because they actually have a clue about what the job of a AD is.

Ok....This is a stupid post. Look around this campus at the athletic facilitlies we have, they are pretty damn nice. Thank you Judy!! It's is not Judy's fault she has served under a President who did not want football. Judy can't just decide we are going to have football and poof it magically happens. Judy is one of the most respected AD's in the country by her peers, because they actually have a clue about what the job of a AD is.

fair enough. I just think that most of us want to hear it. We want to hear “why” we dont have football. We are tired of the rumors, tired of the lies. We want to hear someone tell us. Judy is the most logical candidate for this, and the longer that it goes without being said the angrier people get with her. Not one person said “We’re going to the a-10, hell yes, that exactly what i was wanting” it has to fall on someone and for many of us we feel that it is judy, whether it really is or not.

There are a lot of reasons you are stupid...

Thanks Jimmy! Just the confidence booster I needed as I head into a weekend filled with drunken debauchery!

[QUOTE=ninerID;187665]fair enough. I just think that most of us want to hear it. We want to hear “why” we dont have football. We are tired of the rumors, tired of the lies. We want to hear someone tell us. Judy is the most logical candidate for this, and the longer that it goes without being said the angrier people get with her. Not one person said “We’re going to the a-10, hell yes, that exactly what i was wanting” it has to fall on someone and for many of us we feel that it is judy, whether it really is or not.[/QUOTE]

Do you really expect Judy to come out and say “We don’t have football because my old boss didn’t want it??” Why didn’t Jeff Mullins start a Football team?? I blame that bastard, all he cared about was basketball!!! I’m kidding of course and I love Coach Mullins, but it does seem that he has at least equal blame using the logic appied here.

10 years ago construction would have also cost close to half what it does now.

And building now would cost less than half than it would be to build 10 years from now.

We can organize a rally and storm the AD office

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;187672]Do you really expect Judy to come out and say “We don’t have football because my old boss didn’t want it??” Why didn’t Jeff Mullins start a Football team?? I blame that bastard, all he cared about was basketball!!! I’m kidding of course and I love Coach Mullins, but it does seem that he has at least equal blame using the logic appied here.[/QUOTE]

Couch Mullins actually wanted football. He had some studies done that indicated the university wasn’t ready to support football at that time.

Any were we can see those studieS?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;187696]Any were we can see those studieS?[/QUOTE]
The athletic department should still have them. I’d start there.

[QUOTE=upstate49er;187695]Couch Mullins actually wanted football. He had some studies done that indicated the university wasn’t ready to support football at that time.[/QUOTE]

My prediction: In the year 2056 UNC Charlotte will have some studies done indicating the university isn’t ready to support football at the present time.

My prediction: In the year 2056 UNC Charlotte will have some studies done indicating the university isn't ready to support football at the present time [B]because we want to compete at the highest level like our basketball team does in the Atlantic Sun[/B]

Fixed