UAB Pre & Post game thread

I am not a dr. nor do I have any inside knowledge about his specific situation. However, I don’t recall anyone confirming he has had multiple concussions or that he had one this year. I thought I had always heard “concussion like symptoms”. Maybe I’m incorrect about that. I agree that his health should (and I’m confident it is) the number one priority here. I just do not know of his medical history or if any other medical conditions/explanations may cause someone to have “concussion like symptoms”. Not splitting hairs here but I feel confident that if he has had numerous concussions and doctors were concerned that another would have long term affects, his re-entry into the line up would not be an option.

I’ll trust others with more information to make a good choice for his health and future in this situation.

Appreciate the link NWA.

Had at least one at Clemson, then had one here last year that kept him out half the season last year then the “symptoms” of one this year.

Edit: At least 4 since HS.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article9499664.html

Good suggestion. And to show our complete confidence, let’s do it while we’re still in last place. Let’s use the other pedestal for a statue of Bonnie Cones son, may he RIP.

Coach Fancher said it in the pre-game hospitality.[/quote]

I did not hear that. I think you may have misheard. Did anyone else there hear him say this?

Coach Fancher said it in the pre-game hospitality.[/quote]

I did not hear that. I think you may have misheard. Did anyone else there hear him say this?[/quote]
That is what he said in the pre game.

Good suggestion. And to show our complete confidence, let’s do it while we’re still in last place. Let’s use the other pedestal for a statue of Bonnie Cones son, may he RIP.[/quote]

We can’t do that because there will be place for the statue of chp.

And I just double-checked and did not see where anyone said he is the best coach in school history. It will be quite an accomplishment to be better than Foster and Rose, and even Mullins; but yes, we hope he is that good. You should too.

It’s a shocker he would say that ahead of time and a shocker Sully will be back. And it is great news!

I agree with others. It’s strange to be so fired up after several losses but given what Price has been able to get out of this team the future is bright.

If the league could just build itself up to something more than a bottom dweller 1 bid league he could recruit a lot easier.
I wonder if that is in the cards for CUSA though - their current RPI is worse than ever.
Is it possible to move just basketball to another conference? I doubt it, CUSA must mandate certain sports in order to have FB there?

[quote=“elrodvt, post:67, topic:30124”]It’s a shocker he would say that ahead of time and a shocker Sully will be back. And it is great news!

I agree with others. It’s strange to be so fired up after several losses but given what Price has been able to get out of this team the future is bright.

If the league could just build itself up to something more than a bottom dweller 1 bid league he could recruit a lot easier.
I wonder if that is in the cards for CUSA though - their current RPI is worse than ever.
Is it possible to move just basketball to another conference? I doubt it, CUSA must mandate certain sports in order to have FB there?[/quote]

We are part of the reason why the RPI is so bad. I get that people don’t like CUSA ball and I know the basketball isn’t great but I think there are some seeds there. We know we can be good, ODU has been, UAB has been, LA Tech has been and Southern Miss has been. Before we get all high and mighty about our basketball and complain about a 1 bid league lets win enough games that getting left out because of our conference is an issue. It blows my mind to see our fans complain about a league being bad when we have yet to finish in the top half. This is 3 years now that we have been a part of the very problem we are complaining about. Win then complain.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:68, topic:30124”][quote=“elrodvt, post:67, topic:30124”]It’s a shocker he would say that ahead of time and a shocker Sully will be back. And it is great news!

Is it possible to move just basketball to another conference? I doubt it, CUSA must mandate certain sports in order to have FB there?[/quote]

We are part of the reason why the RPI is so bad. I get that people don’t like CUSA ball and I know the basketball isn’t great but I think there are some seeds there. We know we can be good, ODU has been, UAB has been, LA Tech has been and Southern Miss has been. Before we get all high and mighty about our basketball and complain about a 1 bid league lets win enough games that getting left out because of our conference is an issue. It blows my mind to see our fans complain about a league being bad when we have yet to finish in the top half. This is 3 years now that we have been a part of the very problem we are complaining about. Win then complain.[/quote]Agreed. CUSA has not been our problem.

[quote=“NinerLove, post:61, topic:30124”]I am not a dr. nor do I have any inside knowledge about his specific situation. However, I don’t recall anyone confirming he has had multiple concussions or that he had one this year. I thought I had always heard “concussion like symptoms”. Maybe I’m incorrect about that. I agree that his health should (and I’m confident it is) the number one priority here. I just do not know of his medical history or if any other medical conditions/explanations may cause someone to have “concussion like symptoms”. Not splitting hairs here but I feel confident that if he has had numerous concussions and doctors were concerned that another would have long term affects, his re-entry into the line up would not be an option.

I’ll trust others with more information to make a good choice for his health and future in this situation.

Appreciate the link NWA.[/quote]Exactly. I trust Mark Price and the doctors on this a little more than posters on this board.

[quote=“919R, post:70, topic:30124”][quote=“NinerLove, post:61, topic:30124”]I am not a dr. nor do I have any inside knowledge about his specific situation. However, I don’t recall anyone confirming he has had multiple concussions or that he had one this year. I thought I had always heard “concussion like symptoms”. Maybe I’m incorrect about that. I agree that his health should (and I’m confident it is) the number one priority here. I just do not know of his medical history or if any other medical conditions/explanations may cause someone to have “concussion like symptoms”. Not splitting hairs here but I feel confident that if he has had numerous concussions and doctors were concerned that another would have long term affects, his re-entry into the line up would not be an option.

Appreciate the link NWA.[/quote]Exactly. I trust Mark Price and the doctors on this a little more than posters on this board.[/quote]

I think we all trust coach and the Drs - our concern is just desire not to see him hurt again. I would rather see him not risk it - but I am sure he wants to play and I am sure Mark would love to have him available.

[quote=“2k, post:69, topic:30124”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:68, topic:30124”][quote=“elrodvt, post:67, topic:30124”]It’s a shocker he would say that ahead of time and a shocker Sully will be back. And it is great news!

We are part of the reason why the RPI is so bad. I get that people don’t like CUSA ball and I know the basketball isn’t great but I think there are some seeds there. We know we can be good, ODU has been, UAB has been, LA Tech has been and Southern Miss has been. Before we get all high and mighty about our basketball and complain about a 1 bid league lets win enough games that getting left out because of our conference is an issue. It blows my mind to see our fans complain about a league being bad when we have yet to finish in the top half. This is 3 years now that we have been a part of the very problem we are complaining about. Win then complain.[/quote]Agreed. CUSA has not been our problem.[/quote]

I agree with that too. I was just wondering if the rebuild can get as far as we would like in a 1 bid conference.
There are only 2 teams in the top 100 with UAB barely hanging on.
So once you enter conference play almost any loss is a really bad loss when it comes to an at large bid…

It’s a question really, is the outlook for the conference as a whole bright wrt to Bball or do we eventually need a way out in order to improve?
If you can play in a 3-4 bid conference it’s really unlikely (not impossible but tough get) you’ll come here.

I should have started a new thread…

[quote=“elrodvt, post:72, topic:30124”][quote=“2k, post:69, topic:30124”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:68, topic:30124”][quote=“elrodvt, post:67, topic:30124”]It’s a shocker he would say that ahead of time and a shocker Sully will be back. And it is great news!

We are part of the reason why the RPI is so bad. I get that people don’t like CUSA ball and I know the basketball isn’t great but I think there are some seeds there. We know we can be good, ODU has been, UAB has been, LA Tech has been and Southern Miss has been. Before we get all high and mighty about our basketball and complain about a 1 bid league lets win enough games that getting left out because of our conference is an issue. It blows my mind to see our fans complain about a league being bad when we have yet to finish in the top half. This is 3 years now that we have been a part of the very problem we are complaining about. Win then complain.[/quote]Agreed. CUSA has not been our problem.[/quote]

I agree with that too. I was just wondering if the rebuild can get as far as we would like in a 1 bid conference.
There are only 2 teams in the top 100 with UAB barely hanging on.
So once you enter conference play almost any loss is a really bad loss when it comes to an at large bid…

It’s a question really, is the outlook for the conference as a whole bright wrt to Bball or do we eventually need a way out in order to improve?
If you can play in a 3-4 bid conference it’s really unlikely (not impossible but tough get) you’ll come here.

I should have started a new thread…[/quote]

I think the conference can improve. We just need teams to live up to their promise and return to what they have proven they can do. I don’t think 2-3 teams in is out of reach. Just have to schedule OOC better and then minimize the bad losses in conference play.

It wasn’t but a few years ago we were saying that if we could just get rid of the bottom feeders of the A10…
How’d that turn out?

Davidson never let being in a one bid league hold them back.

[quote=“gamer, post:74, topic:30124”]It wasn’t but a few years ago we were saying that if we could just get rid of the bottom feeders of the A10…
How’d that turn out?[/quote]

It worked. We were a bottom feeder and we left they replaced us with Davidson. A10 came out ahead in that trade at the moment.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:76, topic:30124”][quote=“gamer, post:74, topic:30124”]It wasn’t but a few years ago we were saying that if we could just get rid of the bottom feeders of the A10…

It worked. We were a bottom feeder and we left they replaced us with Davidson. A10 came out ahead in that trade at the moment.[/quote]

We were only a bottom feeder our last 3 years in the league, but I agree, the A10 came out ahead on that trade… FOR THE MOMENT.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:76, topic:30124”][quote=“gamer, post:74, topic:30124”]It wasn’t but a few years ago we were saying that if we could just get rid of the bottom feeders of the A10…

It worked. We were a bottom feeder and we left they replaced us with Davidson. A10 came out ahead in that trade at the moment.[/quote] Wasn’t there a year between us leaving and Davidson going in? More teams than us left the A10 and more teams than Davidson went in. I’m not sure A10 basketball is better than it was our last year there. Temple, for example, was fairly stout. Now, if your saying Davidson is in better shape than us right now, that’s pretty obvious. Duck Favidson.

Personally I’d much rather be playing FBS football than the highlight of my Niner sports year being playing VCU or Dayton at home in basketball.

At this point, no conference, in football or basketball, is going to be satisfying on its own. It just comes down to our program individually. Win and make the tournament/bowl games. That’s it.