UNC Charlotte student found dead on the Catawba River

[QUOTE=metro;369473][/QUOTE]

I hope they go to a Federal Pound Me in the Ass Prison for the rest of their lives. OR let the girls family slowly torture them to death.

Nice update. It’s good to hear they’re still working on the case, and hopefully they got the guys responsible.

Eating lunch while reading this and I almost wanted to vomit. If these guys are the dudes who did it, I hope Bubba and Cletus have an absolutely terrible time serving out their life sentences in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

I was just thinking about this story a week ago or so too, wondering what was happening. I’m glad they got something done. Hopefully these are the right guys.

I hope they go to a Federal Pound Me in the Ass Prison for the rest of their lives. OR let the girls family slowly torture them to death.
the guy on the right looks like he has seen one up close

Glad they didn’t just shelve the case and continued to move forward hopefully these guys get what’s coming to them.

Wow, what a couple of disgusting pieces of garbage.

Heard about this earlier. I hope the Yarmolenko family can finally get some rest when this trial ends.

Who wants to carpool up to see the trial with me?

[QUOTE=49or bust;369499]Eating lunch while reading this and I almost wanted to vomit. [/QUOTE]

When I saw these photos I wanted to do the same thing. So sickening to think about.

Jeeze. Never knew Ira, but she looks like such a sweet girl in her photos. Cant imagine why the hell anyone would want to harm her? Looks pretty random. I hope her family can now feel a little sense of peace as well as Ira herself.

Who wants to carpool up to see the trial with me?
I'd actually be very interested in it. Trial and governmental proceedings really interest me (clearly, I watch CSPAN).

But I’d feel weird. It seems weird for me to go when I don’t have much to do with this. Seems like it should only be family and friends there. I’d feel like I was gawking and watching someone else’s personal misery simply because I was interested.

[QUOTE=49or bust;369522]I’d actually be very interested in it. Trial and governmental proceedings really interest me (clearly, I watch CSPAN).

But I’d feel weird. It seems weird for me to go when I don’t have much to do with this. Seems like it should only be family and friends there. I’d feel like I was gawking and watching someone else’s personal misery simply because I was interested.[/QUOTE]

Her brother and the rest of the family would want as much support there as possible. You and Ira both attended Charlotte, so you have that in common. You shouldn’t feel awkward about it at all.

I know several people from the Theater Department will be going up, so anyone on this board is welcome to come.

Her brother and the rest of the family would want as much support there as possible. You and Ira both attended Charlotte, so you have that in common. You shouldn't feel awkward about it at all.

I know several people from the Theater Department will be going up, so anyone on this board is welcome to come.

If I know that they want people to come it’s different. But I don’t personally think us both going to the same school is much of a connection in this context. But I’ll admit I’m weird about death and funerals and stuff like this.

But yea, if I know they want support I’ll go. Any day I’m available and you are heading up I’d be cool to check it out. Any idea when the trial starts?

“District Attorney Locke Bell said the suspects won’t face the death penalty because detectives have not proven the existance of at least one of the 11 aggrevating factors required by statute in a captial case.”

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;369558]“District Attorney Locke Bell said the suspects won’t face the death penalty because detectives have not proven the existance of at least one of the 11 aggrevating factors required by statute in a captial case.”[/QUOTE]

He can amend the indictment once they do get proof.

This is just a formality, the primary goal is to get them past the grand jury & lock’em up. Then turn the heat way up on whatever evidentiary holes they have left to fill, maybe even get a confession from the murderers.

I know how the gamesmanship comes across, but even the attorneys are real people. They’ll get these guys as best they can.

I want to know how they found them 7 months later…or why

[QUOTE=metro;369578]I want to know how they found them 7 months later…or why[/QUOTE]

They’re not gonna tell you that right now. That’d be tipping their hand.

They're not gonna tell you that right now. That'd be tipping their hand.
I know, I slept at a Holiday Inn Express this week, and watch SVU. :biggrin:

I hope they get a confession. Having been around a couple of murder trials before, the families wanted more than anything to know what happened. Not knowing can actually be worse than the truth.

I hope they get a confession. Having been around a couple of murder trials before, the families wanted more than anything to know what happened. Not knowing can actually be worse than the truth.

the mug shots look guilty. You can see it in their eyes. I don’t see any defiance at all.

the mug shots look guilty. You can see it in their eyes. I don't see any defiance at all.
You can see more than guilt in their eyes.