UNC Charlotte student found dead on the Catawba River

New details:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/512323.html#none

Wow, I’m surprised to see no comments on this story…

The photography assignment finally sheds some light on why she was there.

But honestly, this is a tough story to comment on. It makes me extraordinarily sad, and I didn’t even know her.

I hope her family finds whatever measure of peace they can in this awful situation. By all accounts she was an amazing person completely undeserving of this terrible fate.

That follow-up story just made the whole thing more confusing. The previous reports gave the appearance that the DNA tied the two suspects directly to the victim. That report made it appear that it just tied them to the vehicle, not necessarily the victim. And now there is a confession, or is this something made up by a jailed crack addict? The story on the “new” details did not provide many.

That follow-up story just made the whole thing more confusing. The previous reports gave the appearance that the DNA tied the two suspects directly to the victim. That report made it appear that it just tied them to the vehicle, not necessarily the victim. And now there is a confession, or is this something made up by a jailed crack addict? The story on the "new" details did not provide many.

New details often mean new questions. These details sure did.

So those guys strangled somebody, and their family shows up to support them? **** em, let them burn. Better yet, let em strangle.

What is it with guys strangling women? I dont condone any violence against women, in fact I better not catch any of you guys so much as even raise a hand…

But jeez, why strangle? Thats gotta be the worst thing you can do. Your actually watching yourself killing someone, in pain. You truely have to be demented to do that, to watch that. Why the ****? I dont understand what goes through someones head. Its really a different kind of person… demented and deranged…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;382330]So those guys strangled somebody, and their family shows up to support them? **** em, let them burn. Better yet, let em strangle.

What is it with guys strangling women? I dont condone any violence against women, in fact I better not catch any of you guys so much as even raise a hand…

But jeez, why strangle? Thats gotta be the worst thing you can do. Your actually watching yourself killing someone, in pain. You truely have to be demented to do that, to watch that. Why the ****? I dont understand what goes through someones head. Its really a different kind of person… demented and deranged…[/QUOTE]

According to the “new” details, Gill, it leads the reader to believe that someone else is responsible for the murder. The story references a confession from a jailed crack addict, but did give any further details. The DNA of the two suspects previously arrested was found in the victim’s vehicle, but it does not say if they found any on the victim. The suspects previously arrested are still claiming their innocense.

The photography assignment finally sheds some light on why she was there.

But honestly, this is a tough story to comment on. It makes me extraordinarily sad, and I didn’t even know her.

I hope her family finds whatever measure of peace they can in this awful situation. By all accounts she was an amazing person completely undeserving of this terrible fate.

Ditto. It gets me too pissed off every time I see the photo. So unfair and inhumane.

[QUOTE=X-49er;382332]According to the “new” details, Gill, it leads the reader to believe that someone else is responsible for the murder. The story references a confession from a jailed crack addict, but did give any further details. The DNA of the two suspects previously arrested was found in the victim’s vehicle, but it does not say if they found any on the victim. The suspects previously arrested are still claiming their innocense.[/QUOTE]

I wasn’t led to believe that at all by reading the story. The inmate wouldn’t even talk to investigators about the “confession.” That type of **** happens all the time with crazy inmates who just want to **** with the cops or make a name for themselves.

[QUOTE=arn;382352]I wasn’t led to believe that at all by reading the story. The inmate wouldn’t even talk to investigators about the “confession.” That type of **** happens all the time with crazy inmates who just want to **** with the cops or make a name for themselves.[/QUOTE]

So why print it if it’s bogus information? That was my point. It’s not known if the “new” confession is legit or not, and other than in the vehicle, it does not say where the the DNA was found. That little snipit of a story just made the whole picture mor foggy than it was before.

and other than in the vehicle, it does not say where the the DNA was found.

It was on the panel between the back and front window on the driver’s side and on the passenger side window.

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;382357]It was on the panel between the back and front window on the driver’s side and on the passenger side window.[/QUOTE]

Right. I meant none was found on the victim or her clothing matching the suspects, at least none has been mentioned yet.

The DNA in the car lets us know that at least Carver was in the car at some point, although he still denies it. If these guys just happened on the scene and rummaged through her car trying to steal something, now is the time to admit that.

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;382361]The DNA in the car lets us know that at least Carver was in the car at some point, although he still denies it. [B]If these guys just happened on the scene and rummaged through her car trying to steal something, now is the time to admit that[/B].[/QUOTE]

And that, to me, is what it seems that the new details are pointing to IF the murder was committed by the 3rd person in jail. Don’t know what to believe at this point.

But the guy in prison that confessed claims that he did it along with seven other people. Where are these seven other people?

[URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/518573.html]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/518573.html[/URL]

Bond amount lowered to $100k for accused.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;382926][URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/518573.html]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/518573.html[/URL]

Bond amount lowered to $100k for accused.[/QUOTE]

Why the F*** would they lower the bonds for these wastes of human life!

Why the F*** would they lower the bonds for these wastes of human life!

They haven’t been convicted of anything yet…

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;382946]They haven’t been convicted of anything yet…[/QUOTE]

Please…there dna was on the car.

Please...there dna was on the car.

Then why aren’t they convicted yet? Why is the bond being lowered? Neither one has confessed to the killing and one of them has passed a polygraph test.

While it does seem like it’s more than likely them that killed her, neither have been convicted yet, so calling them a waste of life isn’t deserved.