UNC Charlotte student found dead on the Catawba River

It sounds like they didn’t do it, but hell, you still have to be a piece of sh*t to steal from the dead!

We all want justice, but to get justice, they have to lock up the right guys. I’m not 100% sure these guys did this. Hopefully they have the right guys, but if I were on the jury I wouldn’t be able say they were guilty.

We all want justice, but to get justice, they have to lock up the right guys. I'm not 100% sure these guys did this. Hopefully they have the right guys, but if I were on the jury I wouldn't be able say they were guilty.
Agree 100% , awful that it happened but can't throw these guys in jail without a fair trial.
They haven't been convicted of anything yet...
Then why aren't they convicted yet? Why is the bond being lowered? Neither one has confessed to the killing and one of them has passed a polygraph test.

While it does seem like it’s more than likely them that killed her, neither have been convicted yet, so calling them a waste of life isn’t deserved.

its not called “conviction”

the word you are searching for is “charged”

you can’t be “convicted” until the jury deems you guilty - which is way off in the future

Cassada made bail, Carver expected to do the same this morning.

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/519303.html[/URL]

clt says we round up a posse and take care of these guys ourselves.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;382951]It sounds like they didn’t do it, but hell, you still have to be a piece of sh*t to steal from the dead![/QUOTE]

Of course, but that does not make them murderers.

The article from the University Times did a better job of spelling out the entire story than the Observer’s bits and pieces have. The “confession” that was mentioned in one of the Observer stories was proven to be false according to the University Times story. Authorities found that the person who “confessed” could not have been at the scene at the time the murder took place.

[QUOTE]Her body was found two hours later on the ground near her car, 30 miles from the UNC Charlotte campus. She was discovered by two people riding their personal watercraft on the river.[/QUOTE]

Even if the two sickies did not kill her, they were going through her car as she was laying dead next two it? WTF?

[QUOTE]The SBI agent confirmed that some DNA evidence from the car matched neither of the two suspects nor Yarmolenko.
[/QUOTE]

Well, there is a 3rd person out there. Don’t know if that’s the murderer and the two out on bail were just thieves, but that’s what it appears to be at this point if the bail was reduced by the amount it was. If the DA or the judge thought the evidence pointed to murder, no way the bail would have been reduced.

Wouldn’t there be a ton of DNA evidence in her car anyway? How many people have ridden in your car? Everybody leaves behind hair and the like, so there’s bound to be DNA samples of lots of people.

[QUOTE=J Felt;383026]Wouldn’t there be a ton of DNA evidence in her car anyway? How many people have ridden in your car? Everybody leaves behind hair and the like, so there’s bound to be DNA samples of lots of people.[/QUOTE]

True, but I’m guessing they ruled out all of the people that were her friends that may have ridden with her at some point. My take was that this “unknown” DNA was from someone that they have not found yet after having ruled out all other DNA from the vehicle.

its not called "conviction"

the word you are searching for is “charged”

you can’t be “convicted” until the jury deems you guilty - which is way off in the future

Yeah I knew that didn’t sound right.

So now there not guilty? This is a joke.

This is all just preliminary info. The defense is trying to twist the facts.

Dragging up a very old thread, I know, but the trial for the two men is set to start October 11 I believe.

I don’t think they did it, based on what I’ve seen/heard. Just looks like two dumb asses the cops thought would conveniently fit the rap. Planted evidence is not out of the question. Are you listening, SBI?

Yeah the SBI’s reputation for planted evidence could get a potential cop killer off as well.

And I haven’t seen anything to really convince me these guys are the ones that killed her.

So sad. I was at Jacksons Java the other day and I saw her memorial. I dusted it off and was just wondering what was going with the trial etc.

:frowning:

One Suspect dies, day before trial.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Suspect-in–104674009.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/10/1753499/accused-killer-dies-the-day-before.html

wow.

The problem with dying before trial is they can’t find you innocent, so if you didn’t do it, no one is looking for the real killer. I think this guy & the other were both mentally incompetent to figure out a grand master murder plan. Maybe if they’re innocent it can come out at the other guy’s trial so the police would look elsewhere.

Of course the way the SBI is, they may frame the living guy, the atty. may say blame the dead guy, & the living guy goes along with it because he’s told to, & then we never find the real killer.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:159, topic:17465”]The problem with dying before trial is they can’t find you innocent, so if you didn’t do it, no one is looking for the real killer. I think this guy & the other were both mentally incompetent to figure out a grand master murder plan. Maybe if they’re innocent it can come out at the other guy’s trial so the police would look elsewhere.

Of course the way the SBI is, they may frame the living guy, the atty. may say blame the dead guy, & the living guy goes along with it because he’s told to, & then we never find the real killer.[/quote]

All plausible depending on what evidence the prosecution has. It’s a sad and strange case.