University of Charlotte (Name Change Now)

" I am in favor of the name change, with the caveat that those who are actively supporting the change need to take more initiative in convincing others of this cause. In addition, they need to create a concrete plan for the transition as this burden might be too much to bear for the administration. Bringing a worthwhile plan might ease concerns, and create goodwill. If it is truly beneficial to the University, then you should be able to convince those who would oppose the change. This isn’t the most pertinent issue in these times, but since this institution will stand the test of time long after we are gone, providing an independent identity for our great institution would be a boon for now and in perpetuity.’

Ummm that’s exactly what is going on right now…

There are still people who believe that the holocaust or that dinosaurs didn’t exist. Pretty hard to convince everyone that a name change is going to be good.

2 Likes

FRONT1 BACK1

Here’s the best I can do with the option for people to buy it directly from Teespring. It costs $7 more than the group buy option above. Lettering can also be in yellow (aka gold) instead.

2 Likes

I’m for the green and white option, don’t want to introduce school color confusion with the green and gold. :smile:

1 Like

I’d rather do a group buy of the first Tshirt shown above than list one for purchase directly that will cost more per unit and not be as nice. We need 50 though to get it printed. Unit price starts $16.

https://teespring.com/stores/the-real-deal

Don’t click on the blank shirts, just the green ones with words on them.

Not to be a pessimist, matbe it’s different getting something tangible in return, but 2k struggled to get half of what the initial buy of these shirts would cost for the name change social media ads.

I’m not even confident putting a store up in the first place. I’d rather someone else do that who has experience already. That said, as someone that donated to the name change effort already I’m willing to try.

hit these guys up. they did that norm shirt. see how they can help. seems like if they are for the name change then something can happen.

https://704shop.com/pages/about-us

Is the timing bad? The vote is today and tomorrow.

Norm 49:49.
“Lie down not with liars, cheats, and pretenders. Take not their name”

It’s not a bad time if the vote wins, and even if it doesn’t we need to get moving on next year’s prime exposure time, football and basketball seasons.

Even if it doesn’t win, we know there will be a banner flying about it.

1 Like

I’ve been texting all the students I know with the link to vote. Takes like two minutes and is pretty easy to do! vote.uncc.edu

1 Like

Condensed name confusion log, feel free to share https://t.co/tU7QM7UvJN

3 Likes

@emf doing yeoman’s work

No help coming from Reddit…

0 votes and 15 comments so far on Reddit

Regardless of the vote results, I think progress has been made, people are “getting it.”

5 Likes

Many of the current students will never support the university after they graduate (or don’t graduate). The opinions of 18-23 year olds on campus right now shouldn’t be the only consideration in defining the identity of the university.

Agreed, Dubois does too.