Upcoming Concerts in the QC

Do you think this will be any good?

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/#_trailer"]//www.starwarsinconcert.com/#_trailer"]StarWars.com | The Official Star Wars Website

I wish I knew for sure, but I would imagine so taking into account the quality of the music used in the Star Wars films. Should be a good show if you’re into that kind of thing. If I see any reviews I’ll let you know what they say.

Came across this today:

[B]RADIOHEAD frontman Thom Yorke has recruited RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, BECK drummer Joey Waronker and percussionist Mauro Refosco for a new live outfit that will make its debut this Sunday and Monday. Hmmm…[/B]

[B]NEW SHOW:

BAND OF SKULLS-NOV. 27-NEIGHBORHOOD THEATRE (Supporting Metric)
[/B]

[QUOTE=HaltonHellraiser;433989]Came across this today:

[B]RADIOHEAD frontman Thom Yorke has recruited RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, BECK drummer Joey Waronker and percussionist Mauro Refosco for a new live outfit that will make its debut this Sunday and Monday. Hmmm…[/B][/QUOTE]

what does the producer do in a live show?

[QUOTE=HaltonHellraiser;433989]Came across this today:

[B]RADIOHEAD frontman Thom Yorke has recruited RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, BECK drummer Joey Waronker and percussionist Mauro Refosco for a new live outfit that will make its debut this Sunday and Monday. Hmmm…[/B][/QUOTE]
And I just read that FOO FIGHTERS frontman David Grohl (drums, backing vocals) is teaming up with Josh Homme (lead guitar, lead vocals) of QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE and John Paul Jones (bass, keyboards, keytar, slide guitar, backing vocals) of LED ZEPPELIN in a project known as [b]THEM CROOKED VULTURES[/B]. Joining them on the current tour will be Alain Johannes (rhythm guitar, bass, keyboards, backing vocals), who has collaborated with Queens of the Stone Age, Chris Connell, No Doubt, and Live, among others.

Them Crooked Vultures are doing a great job of keeping low key. Theres info about this stuff from over a month ago but none of it has really gotten out. http://themcrookedvultures.com/

Looking forward to DNC tomorrow night at Amos’. Not the fan I once was but always catch them live when they’re close-by.

And I’m ecstatic that Amos’ is smoke-free now. If they would only lower their beer prices…

[QUOTE=jcl49er;434073]Looking forward to DNC tomorrow night at Amos’. Not the fan I once was but always catch them live when they’re close-by.

And I’m ecstatic that Amos’ is smoke-free now. If they would only lower their beer prices…[/QUOTE]

Just go to the gin mill next door before the show, they have PBR tallboys.

[U]$10 Tix Today(With No Serivce Fees, Only @ Livenation.com)[/U]

-PITBULL
-KMFDM
-HONOR SOCIETY
-LMFAO
-DAVID ALLAN COE

[U]$20 TIX TODAY[/U]

-BLUES TRAVELER
-ALL TIME LOW
-BLUE OCTOBER

[U]$30 TIX TODAY[/U]

-BOTH PANIC/ALLMANS SHOWS
-BLINK-182

Just added some new Tremont shows for those interested, kinda been neglecting that venue.

[B]ALIEN ANT FARM and LIT will perform at the Epicentre this Friday. 106.5 is giving away tix at their studio until 5:30pm.[/B]

I don’t think I saw it posted, but relient k is at Amos Oct. 9. They’re super underated, I think.

[QUOTE=HaltonHellraiser;434165][U]$10 Tix Today(With No Serivce Fees, Only @ Livenation.com)[/U]

-PITBULL
-KMFDM
-HONOR SOCIETY
-LMFAO
-DAVID ALLAN COE

[U]$20 TIX TODAY[/U]

-BLUES TRAVELER
-ALL TIME LOW
-BLUE OCTOBER

[U]$30 TIX TODAY[/U]

-BOTH PANIC/ALLMANS SHOWS
-BLINK-182[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa, where/when is KMFDM playing?

edit: nevermind I found it. Oct 28th at Filmore

[B]NEW SHOW:[/B]

[B]RUSTED ROOT-[/B]11/20-AMOS’ SOUTHEND

Just got back from seeing Bring Me the Horizon at Amos’ with my son. Definitely the loudest band I’ve heard at that venue and I think I can definitely say now that I’m getting too old for this sorta thing! :hammer: :tongue:

[B]STATE RADIO TONIGHT!!!:headbang:[/B]

Just got back from seeing [B]Bring Me the Horizon[/B] at Amos' with my son. Definitely the loudest band I've heard at that venue and I think I can definitely say now that I'm getting too old for this sorta thing! :hammer: :tongue:

You were there too? Were you wearing a Charlotte basketball shirt? Kinda standing to the right of the sound board? I was there with jfickett and I pointed out a dude that walked by wearing a charlotte shirt! I always get so excited when I see someone repping charlotte gear. We were wearing 49ers shirts too!

BTW, we were both pretty much there to see BMTH, we love them cause they’re one of the heaviest bands out there. Someone was saying they stole breakdowns from local band A Stained Glass Romance, so we gotta investigate.

Are you going to August Burns Red, Impending Doom, The Acacia Strain, and Mychildren Mybride next wednesday?

[QUOTE=JeffKnife;434262]You were there too? Were you wearing a Charlotte basketball shirt? Kinda standing to the right of the sound board? I was there with jfickett and I pointed out a dude that walked by wearing a charlotte shirt! I always get so excited when I see someone repping charlotte gear. We were wearing 49ers shirts too!

BTW, we were both pretty much there to see [B]BMTH[/B], we love them cause they’re one of the heaviest bands out there. Someone was saying they stole breakdowns from local band[B] A Stained Glass Romance[/B], so we gotta investigate.

Are you going to [B]August Burns Red, Impending Doom, The Acacia Strain,[/B] and[B] Mychildren Mybride[/B] next wednesday?[/QUOTE]

He likely would have been an older fellow. Run’s son listens to a lot of that type of music and, as such, goes to the shows.

Just came back from Durham (I know, not QC) for front row Alice Cooper with daughter in tow. I had a stack of Marshall amps right by my right ear so they are still buzzing this AM. They threw out 4 people beside me for videoing the show. The man still has it, all the others are posers.

Looking forward to drivin n crying tonight as well. I’ll be the one with the hurt eardrums. I may go to Columbia Friday night to them, too.

First record in 12 years for the band and they put out a gem. Listen to the whole thing here for free on Entertainment Weekly:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/09/16/drivin-n-cryin-great-american-bubble-factory-exclusive/

[QUOTE=JeffKnife;434262]You were there too? Were you wearing a Charlotte basketball shirt? Kinda standing to the right of the sound board?

Are you going to [B]August Burns Red, Impending Doom, The Acacia Strain,[/B] and[B] Mychildren Mybride[/B] next wednesday?[/QUOTE]
Yes, that was me standing in the “Safe Zone” while my son was in the Pit! :headbang: As far as upcoming shows, my son picks ‘em, so looks like Underoath will be my next “appearance” at Amos’.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;434264]He likely would have been an older fellow. Run’s son listens to a lot of that type of music and, as such, goes to the shows.[/QUOTE]
PB is right, I was definitely one of the older ones there last night! Heck, I’m even older than Tintin! :tongue: