2022 Week 2 - Maryland @ Charlotte, 9/10 3:30 PM Stadium

My gut says weā€™ll be down at least 21-0 in the first quarter. Weā€™ll score a late TD against their 4th string and walkons, making the final score 56-7.

On another note, WCCB will carry this game. In Charlotte thatā€™s Spectrum channel 11. Over the air itā€™s channel 18.

3 Likes

Feel free to stop by the ambulance. We will have a cold one waiting for you if ya do!

1 Like

If Reynolds plays we will score a few.

3 Likes

When Reynolds is in, our Defense plays harder also, and gets more rest because he keeps offense on the field longer. Itā€™s still probably going to be a tough year but we essentially have played 2 games without Reynolds. His absents has exposed some may weaknesses but we will be better with him playing.

2 Likes

Ok. Makes sense. I agree. If he plays, the final will be a 42-14 loss. :wink::flushed::crazy_face:

Yeah I am thinking 49-14 or so. If Maryland applies the brakes late.

I just want us to push them for a bit, I want people to be able to see how rocking it can get if we do finally get it together. I donā€™t see it happening but hope weā€™re able to keep it close through a quarter and a half or so.

Coach was non committal on QBs during the Coachā€™s show, the big tell will be if Reynolds is able to practice today/tomorrow.

DFL

So damn proud to be a NINER right now. We may be 131 out of 131, but do the other 130 teams have a coach that acts like an adolescent on the sidelines and admits he canā€™t coach the Xā€™s and Oā€™s? So who cares about these worthless polls as they donā€™t understand what culture means

Can we forfeit and still keep the cash?

I donā€™t see us scoring 14 points honestly with our offensive line.

I almost put 7 or 10, but I figured we would get a pity TD late, after Maryland clears the bench. I am counting on some mercy from them. Probably foolishly.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there but I fully expect to be back in the parking lot by half

2 Likes

I think Maryland scores on their first three or four possessions and then calls off the dogs to play out their bench. They may just run the clock for much of the second half avoiding the chance of injuries which would make me nervous to bet the over on this game. Of course our defense hasnā€™t stopped anybody in almost a year so the Maryland third string may look like the Green Bay Packers.

Healy mentioned on Niners Live about getting some guys back from injury this week but Iā€™m skeptical how much of a difference that will make.

https://twitter.com/statsowar/status/1567176478688968705

Wow predicting 60-31.

At least it wouldnā€™t be boring.

Look at those defensive rankingsā€¦ :flushed:

1 Like

Win Probability 1.97%.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

5 Likes

From the Jr 49er Club email, promos for this game are: Green Out & Hall of Fame Pint Glass giveaway

I still have a weird feeling we win this game, I have no justifcation for it. It would make things super strange as fan but nothing would be more Niner Nation than an 0-2 start with a win over a P5 at home.

3 Likes

I admire your optimism, wish I shared in your feeling. Even a little bit, alas, I donā€™tā€¦

1 Like