Will Healy Fired

I listened to it. Nothing burger. He simply said they had some bad breaks along the way, felt like they could win last 4 games and hated how it ended for the young men he coached.
Did refer to Mike Hill as “the administration” a number of times but all in all exactly what you would expect someone to say after getting canned.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone is saying that Healy actually said anything that a fired coach shouldn’t say. It’s perfectly reasonable for him to defend himself and work towards the future, while we as NNN disagree with his assessment if the situation.

I mean, at the end of the day, I don’t think he believes he should have been fired, while most of NNN believes he should have. That’s all that people are discussing. Not necessarily trying to bash Healy. I too really wish him the best of success.

3 Likes

He came. He failed. He was fired.
The rest is superfluous.

4 Likes

Really surprised with all of the coaching changes made, that Healy has not come up with some assistant position somewhere.

Well when you tell people you’re not a good X’s and O’s Guy for years and then you fail at being a ceo style coach as well, there probably isn’t much of a market for you through virtue of your own mouth.

1 Like

FWIW, Carney got a job at Kent State.

1 Like

Might be holding out to see if he can get on the Panthers’ staff. That way he wouldn’t have to move.

Right now he’s getting well paid to hit the course or drop a line in a local pond. No need to rush.

His time at AP should get him another shot from FCS

Yup, FCS head coach, position coach, or some some of analyst job (like Saban’s Disciples but elsewhere) are his 3 paths.

2 Likes

He’s got almost 2 million reasons not to. He’s super young, has kids he can be a more present dad towards. I can see him waiting until his buyout is almost over to take up a coaching role

I would think he needs to jump back in soon. The longer he is out the further back what success he has had is/. If he wants a head job it’s gonna have to be FCS.

I think he’s probably realizing his limited options. Probably doesn’t want a position coach role at a P5 or even G5 level, but also doesn’t want to step back down to the FCS ranks. His resume is a weird one.

IMO he needs to swallow his pride take the P5 position coach role, learn recruiting better, learn X and Os better and be prepared to move up the ranks in a more traditional way now.

clt hopes the best for him. maybe a qb coach at a SEC school?

He wants a media relations job at Clemson

1 Like

I wonder what Healy thinks as he is watching all of this unfold

Donald Duck Money GIF

2 Likes

Will seemed to take the firing personally. His comments on the radio clearly showed he felt wronged. I know some folks who were friends of Will’s and they said he was pretty upset. So while he might be getting paid I am sure he is watching all of this unfold like someone would when an ex goes and gets married.

1 Like

Well, maybe he should have treated his ex better.

Will was a gamble, and we lost. Biff is also a gamble, but by the looks of it, he has succeeded at everything he has ever done. Some people just don’t know how to fail. I feel much better about the Biff hire than I did about the Healy hire. Both were WTF hires the days the news broke.

6 Likes

Agreed. Forcing players to show positive body language and filming them during practice to critique seems less important than creating a positive environment where players are genuinely excited and show it naturally.

Transactional versus Transformative.

Best of luck to Healy. But this 2023 class is a historical and this fan base is excited in a way we haven’t seen since 2013. I could frankly care less what Healy feels or thinks. He was a rough draft of a head coach who set the program backwards.

I liked Will but he basically fired himself by putting a sorry ass product out on the field. You don’t get torched by a bad team like FIU on homecoming. The team wasn’t prepared and some of the better players (ex. Camp) didn’t see playing time which is a poor reflection on Healy and his staff.

12 Likes