Will Healy Fired

Wouldn’t be horrible.

Well said, I’m sure he’s a great guy and you hate to see someone lose a job, but this was absolutely the right call.

I don’t think we have problems. We have a solid facilities with a stadium expansion on the way going into the AAC in a recruiting rich area we are going to pay at market - the roster is challenged but with the portal that isn’t a huge issue.

2 Likes

Agree with NWA…one additional note is Even with current roster, it is certainly possible that better coaching can develop these guys some more and get more out of them.

Why would you apologize for that post? It was great. :clap:

2 Likes

2-12 in the last 14 with the mediocre teams we have played was just unacceptable. We need a strong hire with a big name that can change the recruiting but also who can retain the small talent do have. We need to hold onto Spencer and Dubose (altho unlikely). The interim coach does not need this job even if he wins 4 games. After watching the offensive line yesterday give absolutely no protection to Reynolds, he should have been shown the door with Healy. We need a total revamping with an entirely new coaching staff…No one should be allowed to stay. Time to wipe out the Healy effect from our program.

Rhule is receiving so much money from the Panthers, he may not command a huge salary here. He would not have to move from Charlotte.

Rhule is not the way to go. He did well in college but kids in NC and SC only know him as a losing NFL coach. He would not be able to recruit kids in the area. They would not want to go sign up with a proven loser…Just my opinion. Need a big name that has possibly been out of coaching for a couple years that wants to get back into it and revive a program. Just depends on how much $$ we are willing to spend. I unfortunately think we will lowball and get a bad hire

2 Likes

If we have to go small on salary please pick up someone from a lower division who has been a head coach with proven success and is ready to make a jump. Someone who actually is a true talented coach.

1 Like

We will not be going small salary folks. One of our edicts for joining the AAC was increasing our budget.

2 Likes

He may not be the most exciting hire but Skip Holtz would be hard to pass if he would take it. He’s solid and at 59 he’s not going to jump ship with a little success. That type of stability is what this program needs. Hell he won the USFL championship, beat a ton of big time programs while at USF and was dumped for one off year. He went to bowls 75% of seasons at LaTech.

1 Like

I still think Minter would be a good choice.
Good coach and bringing along former Panther players as assistants would be a good for recruiting. We should be able to lure more of our local talent by offering former pro players and recognizable names to work with. My opinion.

I like Holtz better than Minter just cause he has more experience and a better record.

Both have a lot of HC experience.

We need a strong experienced hand for this next hire. Someone who comes in and knows exactly what they are doing at a high level.

We have not had that yet at charlotte with our head coach.

1 Like

I don’t think Rhule would be a good fit or would even consider here as well, but Proven loser? let’s compare apples to apples, college FB; Rhule took Temple to 2 10 will seasons and Baylor to a 11 win season. History shows is, it’s really hard to make that jump from college HC to NFL

2 Likes

Rhule isn’t coming here. No sense in continuing that thread.

6 Likes

Just realized we never posted the official release.

He found out on Twitter?

Also Fowler bringing back the kind of shitty condescension that made so many of our fans despise the Observer.

1 Like

Geet da fook oot

If true, Mike Hill is a COWARD & shows we don’t have the leadership necessary to move forward.

1 Like