Will Healy Fired

I believe very little, now, of what Will Healy says. Doubt seriously he found out on twitter. Of course, that won’t stop the observer minions from running with it while feigning moral outrage.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1584222993776988161

If Healy didn’t realize he was being let go at halftime yesterday, he’s not as bright as I think.If Healy did find out about it on twitter but “that’s the way of world now”, why would Healy bring the subject of twitter up? To make Hill look bad? If Hill informed him before it was posted on Twitter, Hill needs to refute Fowler’s story and demand an apology.
If Fowler isn’t man enough to apologize, he can eat shit and die.

2 Likes

clt says don’t trust the observer

2 Likes

Fowler is like Finebaum…they think that they are experts when they’ve never played a down of football in their lives. They are hype men for the powers that be and nothing more than that. Honestly, it’s on Fowler for even reporting how Healy was fired. Fuck him. He’s just mad that Hunter has done such an awesome job reporting for us (I say that with no sarcasm – he’s been wonders for our coverage).

Healy had to know his days were numbered…if not before yesterday, then absolutely by halftime yesterday.

3 Likes

It isn’t if will knew it was coming or not, it is about proper protocol and respect. This decision impacts More than Will, it’s him his family the players. Someone in the AD leaked this. It’s bush league and whoever it is needs to be fired.

7 Likes

Fowler doesn’t pay us any attention except when something like this happens and only then does he bless us with his opinion of what is best for OUR program. His opinion on this could not be worth any less.

6 Likes

Yup if that happened it’s inexcusable.

1 Like

I agree with the above, but Fowler’s article is chock full of condescension for our program. It wouldn’t be a big deal after a terrible season, but you know he thinks this about us regardless. Also, his coaching suggestions are very much “know your role”.

3 Likes

The circle that knew of Hill’s decision before Healy has to be extremely small. You would think hill could narrow down the list and act accordingly. Otherwise they have a person who is looking to undermine Hill. Still, I think it’s odd Healy would say that. Sounds like a shot at Hill on the way out.

1 Like

Oh I know , just like you, he was a proven winner at Temple and Baylor. Just saying the high school kids in the NC/SC/GA area only know him as the losing coach with the Panthers who just got fired. They probably have no idea of his Temple and Baylor history and would be hard pressed to come sign with him. I am hoping we find a strong candidate with a lot of NC and SC ties as we have got to hit the recruiting trail hard in our own backyard. This will be tough with Healy gone and recruiting probably at a stand still right now though. A strong candidate is going to have to really be able to hit that transfer portal hard for some good players.

Yes, exactly NA.

The players in the transfer portal know who Matt Rhule is and probably know his history at Temple and Baylor. He beat us badly twice while at Temple. He knows how to win at the college level. He definitely knows how to recruit.

I don’t know who could win at the pro level with Tepper as their boss.

Yeah I was at the game and I don’t know how they even let him coach the second half. I saw better football in the 5th grade than that first half. lol

2 Likes

Don’t believe the Fowler statement about Heally learning he was fired on twitter until you know the facts. It is also out there that Hill told Healy Sunday morning before we saw it on twitter

3 Likes

all, you realize where the Disturber gets all their reporters, UNC-CH. It’s a dying industry, internet killed it a long time ago, just no-one told scott. If you want to read about an event that happened two days ago, grab a copy of the Disturber.

3 Likes

I believe Fowler’s kids are named Dean,Roy, Chapel, and Hille.

1 Like

One thing from the Fowler Twitter post that is a red flag to me, he said “Healy called him”. Not Fowler called Healy. Why? Either Healy has an agenda with Hill. Or he’s truly an egomaniac.

5 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. A buddy said he hated for anyone to lose their job. I do too, but he wouldn’t have thought twice is a P5 came calling. That is why I am not feeling sorry for him. He allowed all of it to happen and the downward spiral wasn’t going to stop. Glad they made the call today. They should have at halftime yesterday!!! I am sure he will enjoy that 1.5 million