Will Healy New Coach

Love Jeff and Bobby, but neither come anywhere close to Will. He is a dynamo that our team has fully responded to and is becoming a media darling. Loving every second of this time in NINER history. Soak it in yā€™all. This is especially rare air to be in. Enjoy!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Healy wins. But he sells and markets better than any other coachā€¦which is what our school needs at this exact moment in time. He is EXACTLY what no other local school from App to UNC ever wanted for us. Someone that can turn things around and do it LOUDLY.

I think Hill signs him to a monster extension to keep him here at least 3-4 years or at least until we move up in Conference. If Mike Hillā€™s goal is to get us to a new Conferenceā€¦there is no better coach than Healy because of what he does from a marketing perspective. The social media loves himā€¦the media loves himā€¦the National media already know him and love him. Thatā€¦more than winsā€¦will get us into a new Conference and Hill knows this.

The marketing PLUS the winsā€¦both in the marquee sport will take us to at least the AACā€¦but losing him would stop us cold in our tracks.

Againā€¦I would be shocked if Hill doesnā€™t mortgage our future and OVERPAY on an extension not for the winsā€¦but for everything else that Healy brings to us.

If thatā€™s Hillā€™s ultimate goalā€¦he should know that he stumbled onto the perfect pied piper at the perfect time. No chance you let him go before we move up. Not. A. Chance.

4 Likes

Hopefully Healy continues to grow the team and some how we keep him for longer than we maybe should. Maybe we all have green tinted glasses on. I would assume Hill knows what he is doing to set us up for the best opportunity when it comes to a possible buyout in the future.

But the truth is, Healy just makes winning more fun.

Just remember coaches are just bus drivers while Hill owns the bus lot. Hill has done great so far and regardless of what happens with Healy, we are in a better position today than we were last season.

I think it takes a huge set to hire a coach before he really even gets many recruits on the team. Healy has a long ways to go to prove he is ready for a jump out of the G5. I doubt he leaves for a different G5. If he plays his cards right and waits he will find a P5 school in this region in the next few years. The biggest thing for Healy is to keep his own band together while this happens. That may be the money that Hill has to spend.

clt says we are losing great players after our bowl game

But heals has moved our recruiting to a different level already. Just wait Until signing day

Pay the man!

1 Like

Kind of amazing to think that finally, after all of our tortured history, WE, CHARLOTTE, got one of those ā€œsuperstarā€ up-and-coming coaches that everyone talks about. People are taking notice. Weā€™re not an anonymous start-up anymore. The buzz is real. National media is picking up on it. College Football social channels are picking up on it. Local media is giving us tons of air. We have a charismatic, fun, energetic, WINNING football coach.

We wont hold on to him forever, but we need to love and cherish every second of this while it lasts. Someday weā€™ll remember where we were the first time Charlotte Football had a winning season, went bowling, and the world took notice that the sleeping giant is finally awake.

Will Healy, thank you for coming to Charlotte and taking us to new heights.

4 Likes

clt is glad we have $. Keep heals until Bama is open

Itā€™s a beautiful day in the neighborhood

1 Like

Iā€™m glad we have our first winning season and hopefully a bowl game to watch in the next few weeks. Coaches can have great runs, magical seasons, and then see it all crumble around them and theyā€™re gone. But, everything about the (OUR) football team, from recruiting, marketing, coaches, players, culture, is pointing up. Letā€™s all ride the wave together and enjoy it for as long as we can. It can be gone in a blink of an eye. Look at Nebraska, Florida State, Miami, Texas and others. I canā€™t imagine the frustration at those schools.

Talking about losing Healy, or any coach, is part of the deal when youā€™re successful and not one of the handful of powerhouse programs. If we see Healy transform things here over the next 2-3 seasons, then he prob will be offered greener ($$$) pastures. I hope we can make a legit run at keeping him. If not, so be it. But letā€™s enjoy this! Go Niners!

Healy isnā€™t gonna be here for long, and honestly thatā€™s a good thing!

I canā€™t believe how many people canā€™t enjoy the moment for worrying about Healy leaving.

8 Likes

Agree!

Youā€™re right Hickory!

No disrespect intendedā€¦but this has become a clicheā€™ that I am tired of hearing. Heā€™ll be here 5 years minimumā€¦more if we get to AAC. Heā€™s young and his next job will likely be long-term gig in the ACC or SEC.

4 Likes

I agree with the ā€˜Letā€™s enjoy the momentā€™ for it has been a long time. Believe it or not, Healy has made the list of some SEC teams (not the short list though) Heā€™s on P5 ADā€™s radar though.

Healy for CUSA COY? Seems possible.

Yep, as long as we reward him for success, I donā€™t see him leaving for an impossible to succeed P5 job. If he continues to be successful, he will get opportunities for a good p5 job. No reason to blow up your hype taking a garbage job like vandy, wake forest, Duke, northwestern, Rutgers, etc.

2 Likes

I am confident we will lose Healy to a bigger program, and equally as confident that it will not be for a couple of years.

1 Like

This guy is PR savvy. He will not develop a reputation of jumping around. He sticks for a reasonable period. E.g., Five years.