Will Healy New Coach

If you do the math, we SHOULD be 9-7 in C-USA over the last 2 seasons (assuming we beat ODU Saturday).

It is really funny that our best results in conference have come against FAU and the two teams that say we do not belong, and are not a real football team–USM and Marshall. Not surprised that facts and data mean very little to them.

Marshall and Southern Miss are my favorite two to beat. They are part of the old guard and think way too highly of themselves.

1 Like

Marshall fans were leaving early on Saturday and they were quiet most of the game except for the blocked punt. That is very unusual for them as they are normally very loud.

1 Like

The buyout in the contract is pretty interest. one year salary and a home and home with new college with an option for the college to buy out the games.

3 Likes

Austin Peay just made the FCS playoffs which was unthinkable three or four years ago.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Nice! Do you remember that time Lambert was on the Jim Rome show?

Neither do I.

1 Like

It’s a sad, but kinda funny dichotomy. Will used to randomly call into talk radio shows at APSU just so they’d give him a little air to plug the team. Now he’s getting booked by Jim Rome.

Meanwhile, I don’t think Lambert did as many radio hits in his entire tenure here as Will’s done this year.

1 Like

No question :smirk:

2 Likes

FTFY.

clt thanks ecu again

2 Likes

That was really an impressive interview. I’ve never been a Jim Rome fan, but I might be swayed now. He really talked us and Will up big time. That kind of pub is invaluable.

I wonder if anyone has invited Rome to come to a game before in these interviews; he seemed a bit caught off-guard on that.

I’m a huge Jim Rome fan. Super entertaining and always brings a variety of guests and usually asks well researched, thoughtful questions. This was a great interview and good PR for us!!

1 Like

You know how for example nascar, there’s some formula (Or marketing firm number) where it says that for every sponsor image seen and/or heard on tv and for how long equals X amount of marketing dollars or roi of some type… it would be interesting to know what dollar value in marketing dollars Healy has had a direct impact in for the overall School

That Corso stunt was calculated to get a College Game Day mention.

3 Likes

Who is the last coach at Charlotte that has sold his or her team this hard and well?

Jeff Mullins. Just listened to Rome interview. Healy is unbelievable. Honest, well-spoken, real. Mike Hill needs to find 10 or 20 Gs and just stroke this young superstar a check. Healy’s the Real Dealy.

Bobby.